Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
amazon just took 349 quid from my credit card...
Old 14-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
amazon just took 349 quid from my credit card...
Ooh - enjoy!
Old 15-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Kinda annoyed you have to buy the camera seperately.

They should bundle the camera and move remotes with the VR stuff
Old 15-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I think sony had stats which showed alot of people had already bought the camera before Vr was even announced.
Old 15-01-2017, 04:03 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:

Looking forward to detailed descriptions of your exploits and preferably some videos of you stumbling through your house breaking furniture and scaring small children
Old 15-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its interesting that they have charged you, cant see them as listed as in stock yet on their site or anywhere else for that matter but maybe they had so many preorders its going to remain out of stock for sometime whilst they all get fulfilled.
Old 15-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter View Post
Its interesting that they have charged you, cant see them as listed as in stock yet on their site or anywhere else for that matter but maybe they had so many preorders its going to remain out of stock for sometime whilst they all get fulfilled.

Delivery tomorrow. Got email.
Old 15-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
I think sony had stats which showed alot of people had already bought the camera before Vr was even announced.

Sure. That's fair. But look at the numbers.

PS4 200
Camera 35
Move remotes 65
VR 350

Total. 650

That's rather a lot.
Old 17-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Bass Man

Quote:
Sure. That's fair. But look at the numbers.

PS4 200
Camera 35
Move remotes 65
VR 350

Total. 650

That's rather a lot.
No where near as much as the vive or the occulus which is 600 to 800 on their own haha. Then you also need the super rigged pc for them to work.

Did it arrive by the way? Keen to hear your thoughts on it!
Old 18-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
No where near as much as the vive or the occulus which is 600 to 800 on their own haha. Then you also need the super rigged pc for them to work.

Did it arrive by the way? Keen to hear your thoughts on it!
Just got back from a work trip and set it up.

Initially thoughts are - wow when you try it out. Totally immersive. Genuinely makes you feel like you are somewhere else.

But the demo games are pretty awful and there is a lot of faffing around to get it working right.

Will maybe download some games tomorrow to give it more of a proper run out.
Old 18-01-2017, 10:39 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does it look like some of the other VR head sets where it looks like you're looking through a divers mask at the content?
Old 18-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Okay so battlefront mission is great
Old 18-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan View Post
Does it look like some of the other VR head sets where it looks like you're looking through a divers mask at the content?

Yeah
Old 18-01-2017, 10:58 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just got back from a work trip and set it up.

Initially thoughts are - wow when you try it out. Totally immersive. Genuinely makes you feel like you are somewhere else.

But the demo games are pretty awful and there is a lot of faffing around to get it working right.

Will maybe download some games tomorrow to give it more of a proper run out.
The full version of ocean descent is fantastic, the demo version is a bit weak in comparison.

Get battlefront cheap (To view the link you have to Register or Login) and download the VR mission, its worth it even if you don't play the rest of the game imo!
Old 18-01-2017, 11:03 PM

Dave,

Come on, have you fallen over yet? Or maybe lost your balance?

I can't see how you don't end up smashing your furniture or even your family while you are playing. Crazy stuff
Old 18-01-2017, 11:03 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got rush of blood on mine, it makes you jumpy as ****. headmasters is also a good cheap game. Only problem is that there isn't masses of decent games, probably the heist being one of my favourites but very short. I'll be alot happier once games like fifa go into the vr world.
Old 18-01-2017, 11:06 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Rez is the one I want to play...very tempted to purchase but also looking at Rift...I already have the PC that will run it.
Old 18-01-2017, 11:22 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Dave,

Come on, have you fallen over yet? Or maybe lost your balance?

I can't see how you don't end up smashing your furniture or even your family while you are playing. Crazy stuff
Most PSVR stuff is designed to be experienced sitting down (or standing up but not moving). It tracks movement via lights, unlike rift and vive (which have room-scale VR where you can walk around but obviously need a lot more room). It's a bit of a faff to set up with wires etc but a lot easier than rift and vive. You only really need to keep things at arms length clear.
Old 18-01-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Most PSVR stuff is designed to be experienced sitting down (or standing up but not moving). It tracks movement via lights, unlike rift and vive (which have room-scale VR where you can walk around but obviously need a lot more room). It's a bit of a faff to set up with wires etc but a lot easier than rift and vive. You only really need to keep things at arms length clear.
Thanks and that makes sense. TBH if I could run around the room I would be out somewhere doing sport somewhere and so your answer gives me some encouragement that it might be worth a try.

I have heard that it makes some people feel a bit sick? I get that with a TV screens sometimes (earlier actually) but I think it's largely because I am a bit crap and half the time I am spinning around trying to see whats happening. I have started to adopt more of a stealth approach to calm down the movement and that's been successful until a pack of dogs chases me Cant imagine what thats like in VR, my chair ends up the other side of the room as it is with a TV. Doh!
Old 18-01-2017, 11:51 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Resident Evil Biohazard comes out next week. It's pretty much what VR was made for.