Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-01-2017, 11:51 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Thanks and that makes sense. TBH if I could run around the room I would be out somewhere doing sport somewhere and so your answer gives me some encouragement that it might be worth a try.

I have heard that it makes some people feel a bit sick? I get that with a TV screens sometimes (earlier actually) but I think it's largely because I am a bit crap and half the time I am spinning around trying to see whats happening. I have started to adopt more of a stealth approach to calm down the movement and that's been successful until a pack of dogs chases me Cant imagine what thats like in VR, my chair ends up the other side of the room as it is with a TV. Doh!
Yeah motion sickness is a problem and the main reason why I don't use my PSVR as much as I could. Different people react differently and it's definitely a bigger problem with some games than others, but for me the best (least pukey) experiences are the ones where my position is static and the VR is used to look around, rather than ones where you are moving about from a first person POV.

It is an amazing experience, hard to describe but really worth a try, it's a shame the hardware is so pricey and difficult to come by. A lot of the pleasure I've had from it is watching friends and family play it for the first time and seeing their surprised and amazed reactions (especially shark attack)
Old 18-01-2017, 11:55 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
The full version of ocean descent is fantastic, the demo version is a bit weak in comparison.

Get battlefront cheap (To view the link you have to Register or Login) and download the VR mission, its worth it even if you don't play the rest of the game imo!

Love battlefront. Loved the demo VR level
Old 19-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've managed to pro order one with my local argos which will apparently be ready for collection on monday. Tickle me excited!
Old 19-01-2017, 01:26 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Available in Argos now for reserve and collect in 5 days...pile on and you have 5 days to decide...I have

Has anyone played Rez through it?
Old 19-01-2017, 01:38 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
Available in Argos now for reserve and collect in 5 days...pile on and you have 5 days to decide...I have

Has anyone played Rez through it?
no but feedback on it has been almost universally good. Also Thumper, which is another intense rhythm game.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
The resident evil demo "kitchen" is crazy
Old 19-01-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Has it made you feel giddy yet? Do you think that you need the move controllers or is it ok to wait for a bit?
Old 19-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
Has it made you feel giddy yet? Do you think that you need the move controllers or is it ok to wait for a bit?

I don't have move controllers yet. Only a few games need them.

I haven't had any bad effects yet.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't have move controllers yet. Only a few games need them. I haven't had any bad effects yet.
I know it's more expense but you really need to get the Move controllers. Somehow, it creates a much more immersive experience. Batman and The London Heist are superb but wouldn't be the same with the pad.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I know it's more expense but you really need to get the Move controllers. Somehow, it creates a much more immersive experience. Batman and The London Heist are superb but wouldn't be the same with the pad.
Yep, the whole family love Rush Of Blood with the move controllers.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:46 PM
STFU Donny

They are sooo expensive (and have been out of stock every recently), 80 quid for 2 controllers that you only use for some PSVR games...I would be really reluctant to pay that (if I didn't get mine for a tenner each from CEX 3 months before PSVR launched )
Old 19-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They are sooo expensive (and have been out of stock every recently), 80 quid for 2 controllers that you only use for some PSVR games...I would be really reluctant to pay that (if I didn't get mine for a tenner each from CEX 3 months before PSVR launched )
I did the same.
Old 19-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Bought werewolves within as highly recommended - tried to play a game, no players online.

That's not good, is it?
Old 19-01-2017, 07:02 PM

I must admit I'm a slight worried that it's a fad...it's not a new Kinect is it?
Old 19-01-2017, 07:48 PM
STFU Donny

Quote:
Love battlefront. Loved the demo VR level
Did you try fiddling with the buttons in the cockpit to activate the targeting computer and such? Amazingly brilliant
Old 19-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

Download the resident evil 7 proper game demo and play it in VR mode.

Amazing. It's the future
Old 19-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Did you try fiddling with the buttons in the cockpit to activate the targeting computer and such? Amazingly brilliant
Not yet.
Old 19-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Got a bit annoyed with it tonight, the VR playroom: My virtual controller rotates so it;s the wrong way round and it always seems to take me to the part of the game where you get mini figures, I only wanted to play the game where you collect coins.

Put in the call of duty demo, wouldn't play for some reason, got stuck on the start

Put in werewolves within and for some reason couldn't see the menus properly :/
Quote:
Download the resident evil 7 proper game demo and play it in VR mode.
will do, recommend any other demos?

what games would people recommend?
Old 19-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Got a bit annoyed with it tonight, the VR playroom: My virtual controller rotates so it;s the wrong way round and it always seems to take me to the part of the game where you get mini figures, I only wanted to play the game where you collect coins.

Put in the call of duty demo, wouldn't play for some reason, got stuck on the start

Put in werewolves within and for some reason couldn't see the menus properly :/

will do, recommend any other demos?

what games would people recommend?

Don't forget to press your options button on the PlayStation controller ...it centralises the image if you get some drift.

Also, there's another menu somewhere on the PS that allows the VR to measure the distance between your eyes and much more detailed tracking of the lights etc . Worth having a fiddle in there.

Have you got Star Wars Battlefront ? New VR level now free of charge

I think the disk that comes with it is about the best you can find for demos...I'd like to try Batman but can't seem to find a demo. Haven't bought a game yet as I'm still just playing around with the demos.
Old 19-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Yeah, played the battlefront demo level but it's not like something I'd repeat over and over