Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
('New') Holmesdale Stand originals

How many on here were the original ST holders for Ron's new Holmesdale stand?

I remember having to wear a hard hat and go and pick out a seat. It was just a coulke of weeks to the start of the season and they looked a long way off the building schedule. In the end, much to Ron's annoyance, they had to relocate the Holmesdale ST holders to the AW for the first game of the season (Barnsley I think).

When we were finally allowed into the stand, I loved the view though it was a bit quieter. I chose the back row of the Holmesdale upper so I could stand up through the game.
Old 26-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Remember it well. I was in the middle of the Upper tier, about half way back. Being the generous soul I was, I also paid for half my brother's ticket as well (my mother paid the other half). Once we had overcome the vertigo, it was a great view.

Shame that little pr*ck Lee Bowyer had to score the first goal in front of it.
Old 26-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Second to back row in the lower tier, on an aisle. For the life of me I can't remember the block though. I remember going to pick out seats as well, although not sure about the hard hats.

And remember well the Barnsley game, as it was baking hot, and we had the sun full on in our eyes for 90 minutes!
Old 26-09-2016, 12:48 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, original in the Holmesdale Upper, after frequenting most areas of the ground over the years, including the grassy banks. I'd forgotten about the relocation to the AW at the start of the season until mentioned. After a few years in the Upper, moved to the gallery for half a season, but didn't like it, so now in Holmesdale Lower, Block G .
Old 26-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Yep I was middle of Upper Tier. 5 year deal
Old 26-09-2016, 12:55 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
How many on here were the original ST holders for Ron's new Holmesdale stand?

I remember having to wear a hard hat and go and pick out a seat. It was just a coulke of weeks to the start of the season and they looked a long way off the building schedule. In the end, much to Ron's annoyance, they had to relocate the Holmesdale ST holders to the AW for the first game of the season (Barnsley I think).

When we were finally allowed into the stand, I loved the view though it was a bit quieter. I chose the back row of the Holmesdale upper so I could stand up through the game.
I remember going into the new Holmesdale to choose seats with my then two young sons. Seats in the block closer to the players' tunnel those days. Now in Block D closer to the HF and further back. Still all together and for me the best time ever in my 40 plus years of support.
Old 26-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Yep - And still in the same seat.

Picking out a seat with a hardhat and being shown round by a fellow fan who I presume was a volunteer. Really good experience.
Old 26-09-2016, 01:26 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Yes, me, two guys from Bristol and one from chippenham all still in the same seats. front of block L

We did the hard hat thing as well.
Old 26-09-2016, 01:28 PM

Andrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep. Still in the same seat towards the back of block N in the upper.
Old 26-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
The ground needs sorting out but the Holmesdale is and has been for the last 21 years one of the best places to watch football in England.
Old 26-09-2016, 01:43 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep, kept my seat behind the goal, Lower tier for about 7 years before giving it up due to having some bloody ankle bitters.
Old 26-09-2016, 01:55 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Shame that little pr*ck Lee Bowyer had to score the first goal in front of it.
It was a cracking goal tbf. What was the delay in the club missing the first home game against Barnsley? I remember being shifted across to the AW for that game.
Old 26-09-2016, 02:10 PM

woldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewoldinghameagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, same seats last but one from the back in the Lower, left hand goal post.
Old 26-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
It was a cracking goal tbf. What was the delay in the club missing the first home game against Barnsley? I remember being shifted across to the AW for that game.
Sadly I agree.

Delay was overrunning works/final safety certificate iirc. Same contractors seem later to have got the contract for the works on the junction of Portland Road/South Norwood High Street . But I digress.
Old 26-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

Transfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep. Remember choosing our seats. Shame nothing else has got built since but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 26-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Been in the upper from day one, chose three seats for me, my wife and my Dad. Still have the same seats but now with my son and Daughter.

Love the view but the extra legroom is very useful too.
Old 26-09-2016, 03:48 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I remember it shutting. When did it reopen?
Old 26-09-2016, 04:05 PM

bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!bestperch has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
From fading memory I seem to recall that we were given time slots to choose our seats in the unfinished stand. I had paid about £600 for a five year stint in the upper but didn't like the view. Went to the lower tier and got my seat that I've kept ever since, end of block, back row, behind the goal hence the username !
Old 26-09-2016, 04:27 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Opened it against Charlton?

They bought 1200.

1-1 ?
Old 26-09-2016, 04:46 PM

El D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEl D : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I couldn't get off work on the day people chose seats. My son chose ours: my requests were 'in the Upper, on an aisle, and on the non-smoking side'. Were Palace among the first to have no smoking areas? I remember the Charlton game, and couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for Ron when he came to cut the ribbon in front of the stand, and was booed by some for his pains.