Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 31-07-2017, 10:33 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
In addition if Sky block my illegal right to see streams of Palace games, I will hunt out a broadband provider that does not give a shit. Surely if I have the Sports package already Sky should also not give a shit !!
This is a failing of SKY and BT. I also have SKY broadband and will dump them if I get pulled up on streaming.

I wish both would offer club packages. Now that I would pay 20 a month for just in itself. They are missing a trick there.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:34 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Eagle View Post
Once your 1st year deal expires, phone them and tell them you want to leave - they will very quickly replicate that original offer, if not improve it. Definitely don't ever pay full whack. No need at all.
I am about to do this, once all the discounts I still have end next month.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:38 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
This is a failing of SKY and BT. I also have SKY broadband and will dump them if I get pulled up on streaming.

I wish both would offer club packages. Now that I would pay 20 a month for just in itself. They are missing a trick there.
That's my hope. So many people leaving for kodi etc to get sports. They then discover the movies/box sets and stop paying 80 a month ish.

If sky want to stop the rot a club subscription is the way forward. View all your clubs games in full, live with catch up option. 20 a month. Boom. My kodi box goes on eBay
Old 31-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
In addition if Sky block my illegal right to see streams of Palace games, I will hunt out a broadband provider that does not give a shit. Surely if I have the Sports package already Sky should also not give a shit !!
Wouldn't a VPN be easier. If Sky block I imagine most people are going to.

Not that I advocate this kind of thing when there is an option to pay for what you want to watch
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 31-07-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:43 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Last renewal I said I was leaving for virgin. Eventually offered me a free upgrade to sky q and 50% off tv if I kept full package. Virgin still hadn't come to my area!

However I've seen a few people who say are leaving and sky say ok, bye then. But then offer them a deal a month later!

To be honest I'm looking forward to virgin coming. They are installing in my area soon. Sky q is good but full of bugs. Often have to reset the box. It claims no reception and have to reset it, I'll get a msg saying not recorded something due poor reception. It loses sound etc. Bad weather (I live in Northern Ireland) stops it working.

The broadband... maybe 72mb? Gives me 25mb. Virgin 150mb at old place gave me a real 140mb!

Shame, I'm not a sky hater but it's like dominoes.. you should never ever paid the inflated prices. It's to make you think you've got a great deal on an offer
Old 31-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The broadband experience is very area specific. A few years back we paid full whack for super fast broadband with Virgin and it was atrocious (like under 5). Whereas now I am with BT on infinity 2 and get 75 on wifi Out of a theoretical 76.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We pay 6.99 (will soon be 7.99) a month for the entertainment package on NowTV, and it is great. I will occasionally buy a Sports day pass or even a week pass if I want to watch a Palace game or two.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:55 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
there is an option to pay for what you want to watch
There is no option to watch Palace games live (other than going to every game). As bigend1 says have a club specific subscription so we can watch all games legally. I would pay for it as I dare the majority would. Problem solved.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
There is no option to watch Palace games live (other than going to every game). As bigend1 says have a club specific subscription so we can watch all games legally. I would pay for it as I dare the majority would. Problem solved.
oh I agree. And have been known from time to time to make use of alternative options in those circumstances.

It's feasible to do though, but tricky with the UK market. For instance baseball allows digital subscriptions to watch every single game but blacks out games "in your market". So you cannot watch Dodgers home games in areas where you can pay to watch them on the tellybox.

They could so something like that in the U.K. easily. It is clubs who don't want it.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:34 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
We pay 6.99 (will soon be 7.99) a month for the entertainment package on NowTV, and it is great. I will occasionally buy a Sports day pass or even a week pass if I want to watch a Palace game or two.
Yep. Freeview and the Now box for Daily sports passes occasionally for Palace games and cricket. Spend sod all annually.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:49 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Talktalk....with Now Box. we pay for the entertainment pass on the Now Box and signed up for the Sky Sports deal they offered this month which is the Sky Sports 8 channels for 8.50 a month. Covers about everything I need for 40 a month phone, internet, TV with Sky Sports ,mobile phone.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:52 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Managed to wrangle Sky+ HD with boxsets, movies and all Sky Sports channels for... 29 I think.

The key is to say you're going to leave, and then actually go through with it. In your final month they'll keep ringing you begging you to stay. I got the above on a twelve month contract with 100 credited to my account too.
Old 31-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101 View Post
Managed to wrangle Sky+ HD with boxsets, movies and all Sky Sports channels for... 29 I think.

The key is to say you're going to leave, and then actually go through with it. In your final month they'll keep ringing you begging you to stay. I got the above on a twelve month contract with 100 credited to my account too.
I'm sick of having to do this with everything every time a contract is up - tv, mobile phone, home insurance, car insurance, the list goes on. They try and take the piss with an automatic or online renewal, you phone up and suddenly the price is halved.

Now I know they were quite happy to rip me off until I threatened to leave and it doesn't exactly make me want to stay with them. I bet there's loads of old dears out there paying 100+ for basic Sky, phone and broadband because they don't know any better. I know when my nan passed away she was paying close to that for the slowest broadband and basic package of channels.
Old 31-07-2017, 01:38 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101 View Post

Why are they not doing this for me as a new customer?

I have said I will leave it in the hope a sales person will call to negotiate further, but nothing as yet.
Old 31-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Just gave up with Sky just too much, have BT broadband so get their sport and Amazon Prime which comes with other things as well.
Just got a Humax box for Freeview, Internet channel and recording, will sign up for NOWTV to get GoT when Sky ends for me shortly.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:32 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
18 month fixed price fibre broadband, line rental, tele box + Sky Sports comes in at 35 with Talk Talk. Was planning on leaving but getting the Sky Sports into that price hooked me in. Can cancel that add-on at a month's notice too.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:39 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I'm sick of having to do this with everything every time a contract is up - tv, mobile phone, home insurance, car insurance, the list goes on. They try and take the piss with an automatic or online renewal, you phone up and suddenly the price is halved.

Now I know they were quite happy to rip me off until I threatened to leave and it doesn't exactly make me want to stay with them. I bet there's loads of old dears out there paying 100+ for basic Sky, phone and broadband because they don't know any better. I know when my nan passed away she was paying close to that for the slowest broadband and basic package of channels.
Totally agree, particularly with the point about elderly people paying more because they probably don't realise they can haggle it. Loyalty means nothing now.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
we did are annual august quitting of sky. was going up from 39 to 92 from start of septmeber. said we were quitting and it's 41 a month for next 12 months. took 2 call backs though. just stand your ground and say you will leave.
Old 31-07-2017, 05:01 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
I got so fed up with Sky's price's last year I phoned up and quit no offers from them they just accepted it. Within 10 days the offers started which I refused but every couple of days they would phone back with a better offer, I finally relented and resubscribed. I know get the full Hd package, multiroom, they put 200 a month in my account, a new car every year and two all inclusive holidays a year to a place of my choice.
Old 31-07-2017, 05:04 PM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've had Sky broadband/phone and TV bundle (Original plus Sky Sports 1 and 5) for the last 2 years paying 55.49 a month in total (not including calls). In June, about a month before they announced the sports channel overhaul, they told me that they're withdrawing my sports package and replacing it with the full sports package - free for 5 months. After this the full package would cost the full 27.50 a month.

It's become way too expensive for me now. The new sports channels offer less flexibility, and Sky know it hence the free 5 months. In fairness they invest a lot in their technology and content and provide a slick product but there are far too many "premium" channels I don't watch in the Original bundle alone to justify the expense.

I only really watch for football, cricket and Sky Atlantic, so Now TV coupled with a retail Freeview or Freesat PVR/cheap Talk Talk or Plusnet TV bundle with sport add-on is probably the next best bet for me in November.