Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Credit to their sales team for making you feel like you've got a good deal for 720 each year. Utterly insane.
Some people spend more than that on their mobile phone. 720 for the full Sky package, including broadband and line rental isn't a bad deal.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
Some people spend more than that on their mobile phone. 720 for the full Sky package, including broadband and line rental isn't a bad deal.
Compared to 50 for sports donkey or 75 for Flawless it's an incredibly shit deal. A great one for Murdoch though. A cheap broadband only deal on top and you'd be saving hundreds and watching Palace in HD every week.

Still, each to their own I suppose.

Crystal Palace 2017/18: The Inconceivables
Old 01-08-2017, 11:12 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Someone spoke to me earlier and said I could have talk talk, would be twice as good internet as sky, and I would get sky sports package for 8 a month, on an 18 month contract! Looked in to it and my sky bill is currently 75 and with talk talk would go down to 32 and have better internet. So no brainer, sky will be getting a phone call soon and if they can't get my bill down to anywhere near that I'm off
Old 01-08-2017, 11:55 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I always struggle to believe how much people pay for their tv deals.

I do 55 a month and that includes my internet, and I think that's steep. People doing 100 a month... that's well over 1000 a year
Me too. Freeview plus netflix does me. Still way too much shit. I download anything I can't get.

Anyway. **** Sky.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I quit Sky 12 months ago, although I still have their internet and phone, plus managed to keep the HD box as a freeview/recorder box. That was free for a couple of months, then went upto 10 a month without me realising. Then another price hike in April and it's 15 for practically a freeview box. When I see a better package I'm ditching the lot.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:36 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Compared to 50 for sports donkey or 75 for Flawless it's an incredibly shit deal. A great one for Murdoch though. A cheap broadband only deal on top and you'd be saving hundreds and watching Palace in HD every week.

Still, each to their own I suppose.

I agree Elgin that Sky is way overpriced, but I'm sure some people are deterred by the legality of using the Donkey or Flawless ?

Donkey is unbelievable value, but it's not legal is it ? So some may choose to accept the expensive, but legal Sky platform.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:36 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Someone spoke to me earlier and said I could have talk talk, would be twice as good internet as sky, and I would get sky sports package for 8 a month, on an 18 month contract! Looked in to it and my sky bill is currently 75 and with talk talk would go down to 32 and have better internet. So no brainer, sky will be getting a phone call soon and if they can't get my bill down to anywhere near that I'm off
There is a date on the Sky Sports offer with TalkTalk...think but check its August 12th
Old 01-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Sky are wankers, I complained I was only getting half the advertised 40MB internet. They said it was the line and impossible to go faster. Switched to BT and got a constant 52mb
Old 01-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I have to admit I hate the Sky business but we have persisted with the full Monty package since Sky was launched and have paid them a fuffing fortune. This is part inertia, part nine idleness and part the risk of losing a lot of recorded unwatched stuff.

I think we are all sick enough of them now to do something about it. Note - We do realise how dumb it has been sticking with them but...... we already have BT TV and Amazon. I am assuming that if I sign up for Sky sports bolt (football only if that exists?) and maybe Netflix we should be pretty covered. Is that right?

Also re Netflix? If I do the premium sub are there still extras to pay for or is everything included? Movies and series etc.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
I agree Elgin that Sky is way overpriced, but I'm sure some people are deterred by the legality of using the Donkey or Flawless ?

Donkey is unbelievable value, but it's not legal is it ? So some may choose to accept the expensive, but legal Sky platform.
Up to them I suppose. I see Murdoch as the biggest pirate of the lot. Just really cannot see the point of paying 10 times more for a ten times more inferior service. Laws are made to be broken. He's been ripping soo many people off for years. Plus he ruined football. Feck him.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Up to them I suppose. I see Murdoch as the biggest pirate of the lot. Just really cannot see the point of paying 10 times more for a ten times more inferior service. Laws are made to be broken. He's been ripping soo many people off for years. Plus he ruined football. Feck him.
That depends how you look at it. He's a business man and his business hasn't done too badly. He's not broken any laws (well...unless you relate phone-tapping)

How has he ruined football? The reason the prices have rocketed and are getting out of control are because of the competition. Sky wouldn't pay so much for the rights if they didn't need to.

On another note, can you record stuff on Sports Donkey & Flawless?

Last edited by Palace121; 01-08-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
That depends how you look at it. He's a business man and his business hasn't done too badly.

How has he ruined football? The reason the prices have rocketed and are getting out of control are because of the competition. Sky wouldn't pay so much for the rights if they didn't need to.

On another note, can you record stuff on Sports Donkey & Flawless?
Can you watch Palace in HD live every week on $ky?

Not worth arguing the other question.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Can you watch Palace in HD live every week on $ky? Not worth arguing the other question.
Last year, I watched the Palace away games using StreamTVBox and I will probably subscribe to Flawless soon for this seasons matches. It doesn't mean I don't see any need in having Sky. Whilst the online options are improving, the picture quality and convenience of Sky is much more straight forward. It won't be too long before they manage to shut down the illegal options. Of course, there will always be alternatives but it's just hassle.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:27 PM

By the way, my question regarding the ability to record programs on Kodi still stands.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:37 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not sure that you can compare people legally buying tv/broadband bundles to those prepared to go through internet and loopholes to watch it.

Plus, something is only worth as much as you are going to use it in my eyes. A 100 a month gym membership to not be used is a waste, but is it a waste if used 35 times a month?
Old 01-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
By the way, my question regarding the ability to record programs on Kodi still stands.
There is a way on kodi I think but have never seen the need myself.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Not sure that you can compare people legally buying tv/broadband bundles to those prepared to go through internet and loopholes to watch it.

Plus, something is only worth as much as you are going to use it in my eyes. A 100 a month gym membership to not be used is a waste, but is it a waste if used 35 times a month?
Yep. Each to their own absolutely. Just because I think it's nuts doesn't mean I expect others to agree with me. I only watch exodus because it pisses on Netflix and sports donkey because it pisses on sky and is twenty times cheaper.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely Sports Donkey is too good to be true?
Old 01-08-2017, 04:32 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

Also re Netflix? If I do the premium sub are there still extras to pay for or is everything included? Movies and series etc.
Netflix is one price for everything. Amazon has pay extras.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Netflix is one price for everything. Amazon has pay extras.
Thx. For some unkonw reason we ahve never signed up for netflix and so will give the free trial a go and perhaps sign up and dump the dreaded Sky. just need to make sure I don't screw up the football side of it as I do so.