Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-12-2016, 09:41 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I have a record player....is that the same thing?
No. Its better.
Old 28-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a radio, a notepad, pens, books from the library and eyes in my head to look out the window to see what the weather is doing. Why do I need an echo?

Is an echo a CIA spying device? Conspiracy theories and all that.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 28-12-2016, 09:45 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
When researching Rhino's three laws comment I stumbled upon this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The British version doesn't sound like Bob Bradley though.
Old 28-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
No. Its better.
Always ahead of the curve, thats me.
Old 28-12-2016, 09:53 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The upside of tools like this are for the elderly and infirm. Those who can't see to read easily or aren't as mobile as they used to be.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:02 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
I have a radio, a notepad, pens, books from the library and eyes in my head to look out the window to see what the weather is doing. Why do I need an echo?

Is an echo a CIA spying device? Conspiracy theories and all that.
I would be more concerned with what's on your pc mate if that's your worry - I've seen your browser history and it's disgusting! I'll never eat Cheval again.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:15 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Main thing for me is that I make use of it. Had it a few weeks and it's used daily even if it's to put on a song whilst washing up or something. Love it when I ask what the weather is like I'm in Worthing and it tells me 40 degrees though.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:21 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
The upside of tools like this are for the elderly and infirm. Those who can't see to read easily or aren't as mobile as they used to be.
Yeah i can imagine that's the type of person buying this product, and not at all middle class gadget freaks.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:25 AM

Bollocks. I'm as working class as it gets and so were my parents and their parents before them etc...

Look at it as a radio with benefits - that's all it is really. If it's not your thing, don't get one.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Apart from the speaker that is...

But the speaker quality is worse than a low end Bose which you can get for less than 100.

I'd be all over it if the speaker was decent.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:36 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
With the small echo you can attach any speaker to it so can have a Bose speaker and use the Amazon echo at the same time.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
But the speaker quality is worse than a low end Bose which you can get for less than 100.

I'd be all over it if the speaker was decent.
It sounds fine until you turn it up to 90% which isn't really it's purpose anyway as we already have a decent sound system in the kitchen. If you just want a high quality speaker, then look elsewhere. It's quick questions/reminders or adding stuff to shopping lists when you're on the go. We enjoy cooking and this is when it comes into it's own (no it doesn't cook for you).
Old 28-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
With the small echo you can attach any speaker to it so can have a Bose speaker and use the Amazon echo at the same time.
two gadgets, not keen on that

I reckon they will come up with a Mk2 that has a decent speaker
Old 28-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
two gadgets, not keen on that

I reckon they will come up with a Mk2 that has a decent speaker
I think there will be a massive marketing war between Apple and Google/Android very soon. This is going to take off now. There always needs to be something new, and better.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:47 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
My Mum has told me that my Uncle got one as a present and is really pleased with it. So my Mum is thinking of getting one, but wants me to look into it.

So how complicated is it to set up, is the small version transportable (taking to supermarket etc for shopping lists) etc etc

As she lives miles away from me, it will be my brother who will have to do nearly all of the firefighting when things dont work as they should, so how many hours per week should he set aside in his already full diary to assist my Mum?

Basically what I am asking is, I know it will enhance my Mums life but at what cost to the health and happiness of my brother?
Old 28-12-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
My Mum has told me that my Uncle got one as a present and is really pleased with it. So my Mum is thinking of getting one, but wants me to look into it.

So how complicated is it to set up, is the small version transportable (taking to supermarket etc for shopping lists) etc etc

As she lives miles away from me, it will be my brother who will have to do nearly all of the firefighting when things dont work as they should, so how many hours per week should he set aside in his already full diary to assist my Mum?

Basically what I am asking is, I know it will enhance my Mums life but at what cost to the health and happiness of my brother?
I was waiting for someone else to reply as I'm becoming Amazon's spokesman .

My Mrs set it up, but I think you mainly connect to the wifi and amazon account (kindle, music etc..) and it's pretty much done for the most part. I'm not sure the technology is there to buy direct from say Tesco yet, but you can definitely buy from Amazon - there's a surprise.

Your brother shouldn't be on call in the same way as it would be if it were a pc or iPad. It really is fairly basic in that respect.
Old 28-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

My Mrs set it up, but I think you mainly connect to the wifi and amazon account (kindle, music etc..) and it's pretty much done for the most part. I'm not sure the technology is there to buy direct from say Tesco yet, but you can definitely buy from Amazon - there's a surprise.

Your brother shouldn't be on call in the same way as it would be if it were a pc or iPad. It really is fairly basic in that respect.

If I may add that you've got to go into something like this as a bit of a toy, or gimmick so to speak, and not worry yourself that it may go wrong or not give accurate feedback. It's not like its administrating medicine or something (yet ! ).

The minute you rely on technology to run your life is the moment you are in trouble
Old 28-12-2016, 11:37 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Bollocks. I'm as working class as it gets and so were my parents and their parents before them etc...

Look at it as a radio with benefits - that's all it is really. If it's not your thing, don't get one.
Have you seen the film, "Her"? Keeps coming to mind every time I here the name Alexa, and now you've confirmed it.
Old 28-12-2016, 11:51 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:

Cheers Nostrils.

That was my worry re the amount of energy and frustrations it has created with support for her PC. It has tested my patience on a number of occassions
Old 28-12-2016, 12:00 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Voice controlled stuff is crap pretty simple really. I bought a new smart tv recently that had voice control as suspected it was totally impractical and you would never use it. Cutting the smart phone out is totally unnecessary. You carry it around in your pocket the whole time and it does all the functions you need it to from controlling your devices to adding to your ocado shopping list and you play music through a speaker via bluetooth that sounds good. I still cannot work out a single reason for this kind of device.

I do have some praise for amazon though i bought two of their budget tablets for the kids on black friday. 29.99 each and to be honest for the money they were unbelievably good value.