Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2016, 02:01 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Yeah I thought I'd give the "Qualifying for Europe Calculator" a break this season.
I did notice you waited until after Swansea away to start this thread I almost always want to give our managers time to turn it round, but it's clear from this thread that his time is sadly up. You can't ship 5 to the team who never score or win, it's just bonkers. We have 11 points, we need 38-40. Time to cut him lose and get an organiser in. 27 points is achievable, but needs a team, not a group of overpaid individuals and busted flush of a manager with possibly other issues away from football on his mind. Anyway, got enough pardew out threads, enough of my rambling. To Southampton, a new manager, and a reinvigorated side Let's get those wins.
Old 27-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Eircom goldminer

si1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesi1965 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
................................Projected....Actua l.......Target +/-........Overall

Southampton (h)..............L
Hull (a)...........................D
Man U (h)........................D
Chelsea (h)......................L
Watford (a)......................L
Arsenal (a).......................L
Swansea (h)....................W
West Ham (a)..................D
Everton (h)......................D
Bournemouth (a)..............L
Sunderland (h)................W
Stoke (a)........................D
Middleborough (h)............W
West Brom (a).................L
Spurs (h)........................D
Watford (h).....................W
Chelsea (a)......................L
Southampton (a)..............D
Arsenal (h)......................L
Leicester (h)....................W
Liverpool (a)....................L
Burnley (h).....................W
Man C (a)........................L
Hull (h)..........................W
Man U (a).......................L
This scenario would be one less game won than last season (where we finished 15th)

Season 15/6: W11 D9 L18 [42 points]
Prediction 16/7: W10 D9 L19 [39 points]
Old 27-11-2016, 02:47 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
We are dead and buried.

Even with a new manager it will be tough.

Well done everyone involved at the club, pissed away the last 3 years of hard work.
It feels like it because today's result and the last few months have taken it out of us. I think the players probably feel same which is why a change NOW is essential.

But, there are a lot of games to go, Swansea looked awful today and Hull may well struggle still. We could still turn it around with the right appointment. We need a big impact and big character though. I'm surprising myself when I say it but I honestly think Allardyce might be the best option.
Old 27-11-2016, 03:21 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Doesn't look good does it.

Think we are on for relegation
It didn't look good under Holloway and Pulis came in and saved us against all the odds. Just need to find a new Pulis (read: we are in the shit now because Parish couldn't swallow his pride, get out the way and just let Pulis manage the club)
Old 27-11-2016, 03:33 AM

hugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskhugosabin wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at dusk
Never keen to push for a manager to go but after defending Pards for a good while now, it's definitely time. Enough is enough, 6 on the bounce and conceding 5 to Swansea, 2 in the last few minutes of the game as well, it's just not good enough. Scoring goals is great but not if we're shipping them it at the rate we are; I don't expect clean sheets every week but the odd one would be welcome. Sorry to say it but a change is very much needed. We've got some excellent players and have the potential to do a lot better than we are but sadly AP is not getting the best out of them. Yes, the players need to take some responsibility for that but in this day and age, the manager is at the helm and needs to lead from the front; sadly I don't think he is... Time for change
Old 27-11-2016, 04:27 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Mods: can you delete this thread? It bloody terrifies me!!
Old 27-11-2016, 05:26 AM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by si1965 View Post
This scenario would be one less game won than last season (where we finished 15th)

Season 15/6: W11 D9 L18 [42 points]
Prediction 16/7: W10 D9 L19 [39 points]
Great post
Old 27-11-2016, 08:55 AM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
We are still 1/9 to stay up with paddy power.As a comparison Brighton ,Who look good for promotion, are only 1/2 to go up.
We are in trouble but can get out of this.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 27-11-2016, 08:59 AM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Funny you should say that because I was reading Swansea posts earlier and they class us as one of the 3 worse teams and can't believe we scored 4 against them

We were terrible in the second half. The goals came from nowhere.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:29 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=sw16girl;13336637]well here is a thread that no one wants to see again but after today it looks like it may be relevant. I've gone through the remaining figures and set down the type of results that we are going to need in order to get to 39 points (which should be safe). Less than 39 points should probably be OK as well so falling behind target isn't too dire but better safe than sorry. We therefore need a further 28 points

These are not predictions but should give some idea as to where we are bearing in mind the difficulty of the fixtures and the fact we seem to have a run of difficult fixtures followed by some easier looking ones.-

Thank you for cheering us up this morning I struggle to see where points will come from . My only hope is that Hull , Sunderland and maybe Burnley also fail to get many points . Think Swansea wil have enough about them to pull away .
Old 27-11-2016, 10:46 AM

Bobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm struggling to see us get 39 points. But I guess it depends on who comes in, and the extent to which Pards has lost the dressing room. If they are not giving their all, then we may have a chance.
Old 27-11-2016, 11:09 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
A draw at wet sham,really,we always lose to those c***s.We are going down make no mistake.
Yes, how do they fake scores like this

Old 27-11-2016, 11:17 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
A draw at wet sham,really,we always lose to those c***s.We are going down make no mistake.
I don't think think we've lost there since about 2003
Old 27-11-2016, 12:07 PM

Zulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well at least it won't be boring
Old 27-11-2016, 12:13 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu84 View Post
Well at least it won't be boring
I WISH sometimes it would be, weekends have been unbearable lately. If there was an international break I'd actually be looking forward to it.
Old 27-11-2016, 12:29 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We've pulled out 5 wins in a row in the past. I'm hoping for

West Ham (a)..................W
Bournemouth (a)..............W
Stoke (a)........................W
West Brom (a).................W

I now have to accept without Super Al
Old 27-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 View Post

That run of games, with Watford on Boxing Day just beforehand, will be the critical period in terms of us staying up. I would say that anything less than 18 points from those 9 will not be enough.

How confident are people that we can get that with Pardew in charge?
Old 27-11-2016, 01:14 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have plenty of games to go we have a decent first eleven and have played some very good football but our defence has gone from average to bad to terrible given a new manager who can refocus our team and bring in two or three players I think we will be fine.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:19 PM

KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!KP'S Nuts has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 View Post

Didn't they say that WBA hadn't won three in a row in the premier for 4 years its harder than anyone thinks putting a row of wins together.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:23 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Interesting that you've put our 7 wins all at home. I know its not your prediction but even so, makes grim reading with our home form being so shit.
Even with a new gaffer not convinced we will win another 7 at home. Reckon 5 is more attainable and 2 away wins
Closed Thread