Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2016, 01:47 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP'S Nuts View Post
Didn't they say that WBA hadn't won three in a row in the premier for 4 years its harder than anyone thinks putting a row of wins together.
We've got a better squad and a new manager coming in
Old 27-11-2016, 05:13 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by si1965 View Post
This scenario would be one less game won than last season (where we finished 15th)

Season 15/6: W11 D9 L18 [42 points]
Prediction 16/7: W10 D9 L19 [39 points]
Indeed. I did say that there is a very good chance we would stay up with less but I'd hate to do a calculator and then get relegated with the aimed for score.

Even then I have taken a bit of a chance - in one of the last 8 seasons 40 points were needed to avoid relegation. It is difficult to guess and the survival points have gone from 31 to 40 but generally around the mid thirties. I think it may well be in the mid range this year as the teams at the top are averaging over 2 points a game and not losing a lot, but a lot depends on the number of draws during the season and whether the teams down the bottom get the luck of the draw and play their last few games against teams who have nothing much to lay for or against relegation rivals or title hopefuls.

I personally think teams will stay up with 37 points this season and of course if you have a good goal average (which we do at present) that can be worth a point as well. As I said this isn't my prediction just a way of measuring where we are against where we might expect to need to be. By all means make your own chart and have a lower total - it would be equally as valid.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 27-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 27-11-2016, 07:04 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I did my own predictions for each fixture before the season based on what was needed to get 40 points (based on 10 wins, 10 draws and 18 defeats) and we are now 7 points behind that schedule, ie with more than one third of the season now gone we are heading for a final total of 33 points

Pardew needs to go now - before the next game - and its urgent as this squad with all its shortcomings are not in the worst three in the division yet they are badly underperforming with the amount of quality they have

a good manager's responsibility would be to get them to perform to their ability, an excellent one would get them slightly over-performing

Alan is not a good manager and he's only an excellent manager inside his own head
Old 27-11-2016, 07:22 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
well here is a thread that no one wants to see again but after today it looks like it may be relevant. I've gone through the remaining figures and set down the type of results that we are going to need in order to get to 39 points (which should be safe). Less than 39 points should probably be OK as well so falling behind target isn't too dire but better safe than sorry. We therefore need a further 28 points

These are not predictions but should give some idea as to where we are bearing in mind the difficulty of the fixtures and the fact we seem to have a run of difficult fixtures followed by some easier looking ones.-

................................Projected....Actua l.......Target +/-........Overall

Southampton (h)..............L
Hull (a)...........................D
Man U (h)........................D
Chelsea (h)......................L
Watford (a)......................L
Arsenal (a).......................L
Swansea (h)....................W
West Ham (a)..................D
Everton (h)......................D
Bournemouth (a)..............L
Sunderland (h)................W
Stoke (a)........................D
Middleborough (h)............W
West Brom (a).................L
Spurs (h)........................D
Watford (h).....................W
Chelsea (a)......................L
Southampton (a)..............D
Arsenal (h)......................L
Leicester (h)....................W
Liverpool (a)....................L
Burnley (h).....................W
Man C (a)........................L
Hull (h)..........................W
Man U (a).......................L

Looks like it may well get worse before it gets better. However lets hope I can forget this thread well before May.
Southampton (h)..............L
Hull (a)...........................D WIN
Man U (h)........................D LOSE
Watford (a)......................L DRAW
Swansea (h)....................W DRAW
West Ham (a)..................D LOSE
Everton (h)......................D LOSE
Bournemouth (a)..............L DRAW
Stoke (a)........................D
West Brom (a).................L DRAW
Spurs (h)........................D LOSE
Watford (h).....................W DRAW
Southampton (a)..............D LOSE
Leicester (h)....................W DRAW
Burnley (h).....................W
Hull (h)..........................W

Have put my original predictions next to yours, I hope you are right about so many home wins in the second half of the season as now my original predictions above would only take us to 33 points. My predictions (more like hopes) were based on the idea of 40 points total including 10 draws in the season which of course Super Alan doesn't believe in.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
So, we're ahead of schedule (for the moment)
Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
when euro calculator come
Old 05-12-2016, 11:09 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hull (a)...........................W
Man U (h)........................D
Watford (a)......................D
Swansea (h)....................W
West Ham (a)..................W
Everton (h)......................D
Bournemouth (a)..............W
Stoke (a)........................W
West Brom (a).................W
Spurs (h)........................D
Watford (h).....................D
Southampton (a)..............D
Leicester (h)....................W
Burnley (h).....................L
Hull (h)..........................L

I predict 47 points and 5 losses in a row at the end while we play in our 2nd cup final in 2 seasons.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 PM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Point per game average is bang on so far. That's the minimum we should get and aim for. A win against Hull and we are nearly there at the halfway mark.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Table updated and we are ahead of the game already.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 06-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Table updated and we are ahead of the game already.
Was 27 required, now 24 required. Hopefully 21 required after we play Hull

Must admit I think you are being overly pessimistic about our away chances, no wins until the end of the season? We are good away with a decent counter attacking setup.

Equally I think you are being overly optimistic about our chances at home given the last 4 years evidence, but I hope you are right about that side of things and Saturday was the start of it
Old 06-12-2016, 03:41 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace will be strengthening the squad in the January transfer window which will improve the team and plug the obvious gaps in the squad caused by injuries.

Many teams are going to be weakened for the 6 weeks of the Afcon Tournament with some teams having to play without a number of key players.

This period may even be extended as some nations are arranging pre-tournament get-togethers and training camps.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:54 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
We are dead and buried.

Even with a new manager it will be tough.

Well done everyone involved at the club, pissed away the last 3 years of hard work.
We need to finish above three teams. Swansea, Hull and one other. I think this will be much easier than people are suggesting.

January could be key.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:01 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Equally I think you are being overly optimistic about our chances at home given the last 4 years evidence, but I hope you are right about that side of things and Saturday was the start of it
It's a guide to points required, not a predictor as such.

Fingers crossed we keep ahead of the points required now that we've nudged our noses in front.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace will be strengthening the squad in the January transfer window which will improve the team and plug the obvious gaps in the squad caused by injuries.

Many teams are going to be weakened for the 6 weeks of the Afcon Tournament with some teams having to play without a number of key players.

This period may even be extended as some nations are arranging pre-tournament get-togethers and training camps.
We might be without Wilf.

And our record in Jan isn't usually that great. So bit of an assumption there.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:04 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down lowPoshPalace will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Without a doubt, that 8 game run between Swansea (H) and West Brom (A) will define our season.

Chunking up the season,

We have 14 points.
In the next 5 games we'll target 4 points
The 8 games from Swans to WBA we need at least 3 wins and 2 draws - 11 points
The final 11 games, we could pick up as few as 8 points. Teams at the bottom will be scrapping like mad at that point and we just don't play many mid-table teams in that run.

Total: 37 points. Will that be enough?

Last edited by PoshPalace; 06-12-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:27 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we beat Hull this weekend that will be five wins this season - five wins before the half way stage. Last season we stayed up with 11 wins and 9 draws. A win or draw at Watford and we are pretty much on target to stay up in my opinion.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:29 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
If we beat Hull this weekend that will be five wins this season - five wins before the half way stage. Last season we stayed up with 11 wins and 9 draws. A win or draw at Watford and we are pretty much on target to stay up in my opinion.
This post makes me feel a little better
Old 06-12-2016, 06:09 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace can add another point to the gap to the bottom 3 because of their huge goal difference advantage.

They are effectively 4 points ahead of the bottom 3 instead of it looking like a 3 point gap.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:26 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
This is a reasonable way of looking at it and yes it does provide room for optimism. Shows what just a win, and an unexpected win taking account of the form up to last Saturday, has done. Such a pity that West Brom, Bournemouth, West Ham, Burnley and Swansea yielded only one point. Water under the bridge now.

Whilst we would be looking on track for the safety line of 38/40 points by next May if we beat Hull and got something at Watford, we should remember that last season we had 31 points last Christmas and at the half way point of 19 games. We all know what happened as we limped to the line for 4 months picking up just 11 more points.

We should always aim to win at least 8 home matches each season. With 5 draws, we would be three quarters of the way to the safety margin to stay up. Perhaps a basic aim like that, where the promoted teams are targeted for maximum points and some of the regular strugglers is not exciting enough for the Management. Many of us just want to stay in the Premier League and not think about top 8.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:39 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

Why do you keep talking about injuries when we've barely had any? Remy and Wickham - two known injury prone players - and Mandanda who wasn't exactly excelling.

I think we've been ok on the injury front. Could be a lot worse.
Closed Thread