Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
The only time Ricciardo went head to head with Hamilton in the same machinery a few years back, he destroyed Hamilton, consistently 7/10ths a lap quicker, Vettel same car was well off both of them
I might have missed something obvious, but when have they ever driven the same machinery?
Old 02-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Zulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZulu84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
I take your Hamilton and raise you a Max Verstappen
Max is fast but don't think he's developed the consistency or experience to do what is necessary to win the championship...yet. also fear that his over the limit driving style will eventually go very very wrong for him

Think Bottas is a strong contender for the seat
Old 02-12-2016, 05:52 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can he play in Goal tomorrow ?
Old 02-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Old 02-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I could, but I didn't.

Which makes it a shit point.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
I might have missed something obvious, but when have they ever driven the same machinery?
I believe he is talking about a certain car show
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Factually incorrect. If Lewis hadn't had mechanical problems this year he'd have won quite easily. There were probably two races where Lewis wasn't focussed and still finished in the top 3
You can assume he would of won but it can't possibly be factually incorrect. You have no proof Lewis would have won those races (and if he'd have won those other two he still would have won the championship) so I call bullshit in your claim. Believe what you want to believe but don't make shit up and call it fact.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:43 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
You can assume he would of won but it can't possibly be factually incorrect. You have no proof Lewis would have won those races (and if he'd have won those other two he still would have won the championship) so I call bullshit in your claim. Believe what you want to believe but don't make shit up and call it fact.
He would have won it, simple!
Old 02-12-2016, 07:44 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Excited to see who is going to take over the seat next year! Have a good feeling about the 2017 championship and reckon it will be a lot better than this year.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:59 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
The gap is much bigger between the top teams and the chasing pack these days. But if I were talking about them as prima donnas one could argue they were all that over their careers. Especially Senna and Schumi.

Mercedes knew Hamilton was going to be a big star during his go kart days aged 10. Hence giving him a contract at such a young age. It's not his fault they saw his talent so early on and had a car fast enough to win Championships for him.
I know very little about racing cars (except I would never drive one) but as limited as my knowledge is I assume you meant Maclaren not Mercedes spotting the potential in Hamilton.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:11 PM

ChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
So broken he won the world title?

If anyone's broken its little Lewis. His little stint off the rails and bizarre behavior have cost him just as much as his mechanical problems.

It would be good to see Hamilton cut out the bullshit, quit the whining and focus on what he's really good at for a change.
Now I don't like Hamilton but the above is rubbish.

As for Rosberg, most say he won by default. Most say Hamilton is quicker. A true champion would come out next season and prove the doubters wrong.

Rosberg has quite simply bottled it.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post

As for Rosberg, most say he won by default. Most say Hamilton is quicker. A true champion would come out next season and prove the doubters wrong.

Typically Germanic. Would never win it again
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:

I don't involve myself in F1 stuff anymore, but to say someone who has driven for 10 years has "bottled it" is fantasy talk.

There's a reason why every single Hamilton team-mate has ended up disliking him and in a rivalry. It isn't his talent that caused the issues early on at McLaren, or now with Mercedes.

He was very, very good friends with Rosberg from his karting days, and look how that ended up.

Rosberg is a family man, he has reached the pinnacle of the sport and feels like he has done enough. He was a future World Champion from the minute he stepped into the sport and he got his reward this year.

I'd also suggest that Mercedes may not be the best team next season, and lets see how Hamilton responds to adversity as it has previously resulted in sulking.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:

No-one becomes world champion by default. No-one.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 02-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Mr Mojo Risin

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Prost retired as champion, but it was his 4th, as he refused to be team mate to Senna again, so understandable

Jochen Rindt won his title posthumously, so wasnt able to defend his tile in 1971

Cant recall any other champions not defending their titles?
Nigel Mansell went to Indycar instead of defending his title and became the only person to hold the F1 and Indycar titles at the same time.

Rosberg will never be seen as a great world champion, a bit like his father, Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve. Shocked he has decided to retire, I really hope Mercedes replace him with a top driver otherwise Hamilton may as well be given the 2017 title already. Would be great to see Alonso in that car, he deserves another shot at the title.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Merc will want to avoid the headlines that having 2 number 1s rowing brings. I reckon that they will bring in someone that will accept being very much the number 2 driver.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 02-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
What a wuss!

The greatest drivers the sport has ever known were never content with a single tile. They ALL strived for more, some with more success than others. He can now never be considered one of he greats.

Did he give up sex after his first shag?
Old 03-12-2016, 08:53 AM
عضو النسور

Bo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
The Top Gear "reasonably priced car" is the only example I know of.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
I think Merc will want to avoid the headlines that having 2 number 1s rowing brings. I reckon that they will bring in someone that will accept being very much the number 2 driver.
Do you? They emailed me (I bought one of their motor vehicles last month) within about 15 minutes or the finish of the race saying do I want to have Nico Rosberg's cap or some such rubbish, and then less than 24 hours later there was an email from them about a chance to meet Lewis Hamilton.

They seem, or at least seemed, to be making the most of the marketing potential.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 03-12-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:06 PM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting tweet from Brundle:

Confused. Paid handsomely to drive probably the greatest racing car of all time, one driver threatened to quit, the other retired early 🤔
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.