Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-12-2016, 08:05 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
You Tubers

Are there any BBSers out there with there own channels? Have you or anyone you know actually become so popular with views that you've made some money?

I've got two on the go. My first is one I think most of you have visited: 'nicktimo11', the home of my 'Palace Minute' animations. I did that purely for pleasure and never monetised them, but despite that have managed to pull in over 800 subscribers.

My second channel; one which I'd like to be in a position to earn on, 'Bubble Education', is one I've only recently got off the ground. I work in education - in an additional needs school - and have always wrote songs to aid the children's learning. Decided to put my musical skills and animation to good use and started making educational songs for young children - nursery age/P1's and for children with learning difficulties. Here it is:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Noticed that some similar channels get ridiculously massive viewing figures. One guy who writes simple guitar tunes for kids on a backdrop of simple but moorish videos is raking in £40,000 a month: 'KidsTV123'.

Just wonder if anyone out there has any good advice and experience about building a channel and maximising subscribers? So far I have a poultry 90 . Apparently you need 1,000 before you can join AdSense and start making money off your channel's hits. I've tried boosting views through eye catching thumbnails, appropriate titles, good tag keywords and opening up a Facebook page in conjunction. This has actually helped garner quite a bit of interest in many foreign countries.

Am I wasting my time? Is making money off You Tube a bit of a lottery win? Noticed when I uploaded my latest video that for some reason You Tube have switched off my option to Monetise the videos for some reason.

Find it all a bit confusing at times. Any informed advice would be gratefully received.

Last edited by bubbs11; 25-12-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 25-12-2016, 08:35 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Noticed that some similar channels get ridiculously massive viewing figures. One guy who writes simple guitar tunes for kids on a backdrop of simple but moorish videos is raking in £40,000 a month: 'KidsTV123'.
What about getting touch with him and asking for his advice? Or discussing a deal with him?
Old 25-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
My online group which I founded for flight sim nerds has a YT channel with 3 or 4 thousand subscribers now. I dunno if it could make any money, no idea.

We have one 'movie' with 700k views, which for a niche game is massive.

Last edited by anti-addick; 25-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 25-12-2016, 11:12 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Having just watched it addick, I'm not surprised it's had so many hits - it's awe inspiring.

Louis: re. getting in touch with the guy that runs that successful kids channel. Thought about it but felt uncomfortable doing so as we're both trying to target the same audience and feel he'd be reluctant as it might take business away from him. Worth a try I suppose.
Old 26-12-2016, 05:44 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Decided to put my musical skills and animation to good use and started making educational songs for young children - nursery age/P1's and for children with learning difficulties. Here it is:

Just watched and compared your 'Animal Sounds' song and his. His has nearly 250 million views, and I think it's one of his most popular videos.

Yours ...

His ...

They are very similar, but there are differences ...

1. The volume on his in louder
2. His tempo is more upbeat - which gives it more energy
3. His song feels catchier and more memorable ... it reminds me a bit of 'Three Wheels on my Wagon' by The New Christy Minstrels which was a big hit and I remember I loved when I was growing up ...

You can't watch his videos without seeing ads for outfits like Netflix, Bayer and The Young Vic. There are also the ads in the top right hand corner of the page and in the lower half of the video. I imagine the companies will pay to advertise based on the number of hits the video gets, and this produces revenue for Youtube and creators.

You could try things like making it louder and more upbeat. A big factor is the 'catchiness' of the song. As you work in education, could you try songs out with kids? To see what goes down well.

Quote:
Noticed when I uploaded my latest video that for some reason You Tube have switched off my option to Monetise the videos for some reason.
It might be worth asking Youtube about this?
Old 26-12-2016, 06:17 PM

Thanks for taking the time to check out the videos and some good advice Louis.

Have sent an email to You Tube asking about the monetize issue I've got.
Old 27-12-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Have sent an email to You Tube asking about the monetize issue I've got.
From a quick look, I'm guessing you might just not meet their criteria on some videos - hopefully they can clarify/confirm.
Old 27-12-2016, 11:01 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
You Tubers

I think that when you look into it, SEO or Search Engine Optimisation coupled with active social media accounts boost subscribers massively.

Before all that and most importantly, though, you need a brand. People need to remember your channel. A decent logo, a catchy intro and a good end slate are essential.
Your end slate should encourage people to like your videos and subscribe to your channel. It is also an opportunity to insert links and annotations to other videos. One thing i have noticed a lot more people doing is actually talking to their audience through the end slate with an overlay of 2 or 3 other videos you have made.

Obviously, good content is the rope that ties it all together. Find a Niche in your chosen area. If someone is already doing similar stuff you will need to find a better angle.

HTH.

Last edited by Joe85; 27-12-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 27-12-2016, 11:06 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
One thing, though. Do not be tempted by 3rd party companies who will claim they can boost your subs and hits. Stick with Adsense.
Old 28-12-2016, 08:02 AM

Cheers Joe, some good stuff there.

Certainly have looked into SEO and intro to vids.

I think the thing that has bugged me the most is finding a unique niche within what I'm doing. Just feel that I might be missing an idea I could tap into that would be popular. With what I'm doing, you're dealing with educational songs for very young children, so there's only so much leeway. The main thing in mind is getting the educational message across as clear and concise as possible.

Have found through work that children are very drawn to the sound of acoustic guitar songs, so my songs have that sound as the main musical element. Have also worked on the colour scheme of each video trying to make them moorish to a child's perspective. Have gradually got more confident with digital animation - was more used to doing the old style stop motion before. Chose to go down digital route because the colours are more vibrant as you don't lose anything to lighting. Plus it's a lot less time consuming!
Old 26-09-2017, 06:56 PM

Well not bumping this to blow smoke up my backside...well actually I am.

Got my first payment today from my You Tube channel 'Bubble Education'. Not much - only £83, but I'm chuffed to bits. The channel seems to be growing by the day and one of my songs/videos about the 'solar system' has amassed a ridiculous 350,000 views in 7 months.

The channel has had 815,000 views altogether so far. Nothing compared to some You Tubers out there but crazy numbers for me really and enough to get me earning £60-£70 a month at this stage. There's obviously an audience of strange kids out there that like this kind of rubbish. Bless them
Old 26-09-2017, 07:01 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Excellent. Keep going.

Advice - do not get you're willy out.
Old 26-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Not technically a Youtuber but my mate is the guy in the above video.

7.5 million views.

Unfortunately someone reposted his video before it went viral so he hasn't made anything from it. Plus he took a whack for his trouble...
Old 26-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Great stuff, Bubbs well done.

When you hit a ton a month, get your willy out.

It's what they would've done in the eighties.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 26-09-2017, 07:39 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"Brush, Brush, Brush" sounded like a camp Badly Drawn Boy. Catchy though. But "Feelings" is my favourite. It reminds me of a Roger Walters ditty.
Old 27-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's amazing! well done!

I've been having my own pop at a youtube channel this year for my band Fuzzwalker. So far we have been going a year and have only amassed 50ish subscribers. We have a couple of music videos but mainly we have been doing funny video blogs, however I think the issue probably is that its all very inside jokes that passer bys probably wont get.

At the moment I just really want to get to 100 subs so I can have the /fuzzwalker url.
Old 27-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Great news Bubbs, from little acorns mighty oaks grow.

Mind you, 0.00022432432432p per view does seem a tad miserly by You Tube.
Old 27-09-2017, 01:02 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
have my own youtube channel... not many subscribers....but over 200,000 views. its just dance music. No money for me because of the copyrights

Last edited by macstar; 27-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 27-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
My son watches people playing video games on You Tube....which is even more boring than actually playing video games. Its also made him think that, when he is actually playing games himself, he has to keep up a running commentary.