Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Mike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Finally, thanks to you all for competing and failing to throw your toys out of the pram this year. Also thanks to Ridcully for letting me beat him for a change. Also thanks to all who have made lovely remarks thanking me for playing with my spreadsheet. See you all again in March plus some newbees I hope.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:42 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Shit race, shit new logo
Old 26-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done swamp thing. Looks like predicting third decided it.

TBH I never felt like I deserved it. Iíve had a few good weeks due to prediction changes and would actually clarify the rules so that predictions canít be changed once made and a bigger penalty is applied for predicting post quali.

I think thatís second two years in a row. Cheers mike.
Old 26-11-2017, 04:40 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Douglas View Post
Other results for the season:

Most points in a single weekend 100 mexicaneagle
Most wins 3 Spunky
Most weeks at No1 4 Master Yoda, SwampThing
Highest Average 45.10 SwampThing

Least points in a single weekend -2 spunky
Most last places 7 Icy
Lowest Average 28.60 Icy
However the Wooden Spoon goes to danpalace07 who enters the results by completing more than 10 race.
Thanks once again for all the effort you put into this Mike, very surprised to have most wins, not at all surprised to have least points in a single weekend. Looking forward to next season already

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 26-11-2017, 05:07 PM

SwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS MurraySwampThing FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
Well done swamp thing. Looks like predicting third decided it.
Thanks. It was very close. If Vettel got fastest lap on the last lap (like he was going for) then you would have had it.

Thanks again Mike for running things!
Old 26-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good job once again Mike.

Congratulations SwampThing.

Happy with my finishing position. Tough to recover from a bad start. Must try harder.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Congrats SwampThing. Had it not been for my two rubbish scores in the two previous races I reckon I would have been right up there. Thanks again Mike for all your efforts
Old 26-11-2017, 08:25 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks Mike much appreciated. Looks like Lewis is the lone Brit next year, fingers x we will see some new young Brits in 2019.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 26-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Thanks as always, Mike. Bernie may not be running the main show any more but I'm glad you're still running this one.

Congrats SwampThing on the victory.
Old 26-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Congratulations to SwampThing on a well-earned victory.

And thanks to Mike for your sterling efforts
Old 26-11-2017, 10:42 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Douglas View Post
Other results for the season:

Most points in a single weekend 100 mexicaneagle
Most wins 3 Spunky
Most weeks at No1 4 Master Yoda, SwampThing
Highest Average 45.10 SwampThing

Least points in a single weekend -2 spunky
Most last places 7 Icy
Lowest Average 28.60 Icy
However the Wooden Spoon goes to danpalace07 who enters the results by completing more than 10 race.

Yay, winning

Well done Swampthing
Old 29-11-2017, 06:43 PM

mexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmexicaneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks, Mike. Great stuff as always.
Old 30-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Mike. The wheels quite literally fell off my predictions towards the end of the season. I will be back next year though!!!
Old 30-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Did I really only win one race this year? I thought I won one way back near the start?!

If so shows how poor of a season it has been for me! Maybe I should avoid those Force India picks from now on.
Old 30-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Mike, great job as ever. Hereís to a less predictable next season with some proper racing!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:29 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
4th after missing a race, well happy with that, my best ever.

Thanks Mike.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As RednBlue said it was fairly predictable this year.
If you had selected the following and kept it for the whole season you would have got 918 points.

PP Hamilton
FL Hamilton
1 Hamilton
2 Bottas
3 Ricciardo
4 Vettel
5 Verstappen

Please check if this is correct Mike.

Hamilton and Bottas finished in the top 5 in 18 races.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:12 PM

Mike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Please check if this is correct Mike.

Now you are taking the piss!!
Off out to my first re-union/piss up in about half an hour so will not be able to check until January.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Thinking

That's a long re-union. Enjoy yourself.