Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-01-2017, 07:14 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Raonic was awful and bottled it completely, choker - never even looked like converting any of his break points or set points.

Heart says Federer but betting wise I want Stan in the final. I think he'd destroy Nadal if they get there.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:36 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some choke this from Wawrinka, Fed looks completely knackered and he still cannot take advantage.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:42 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Heart says Federer but betting wise I want Stan in the final. I think he'd destroy Nadal if they get there.
Having watched that match, if Nadal gets through I think he could 3-0 Fed.
Old 26-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Not the greatest match for quality but it didn't lack drama. Difficult to tell how injured Stan really was but with Federer having been out for 6 months he had trouble coping with that situation and for the first time in the tournament he stopped playing freely and seemed to doubt himself. Stan looked the more likely winner in the fifth but Roger hung on, saved a couple of break points, and then Stan played one bad service game and Roger used his experience to make sure he didn't let Stan back in again.

Good idea to start this thread, by the way.
Old 26-01-2017, 02:15 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't stand anything about Federer other than his tennis. I hope he loses the final, I really do.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:01 PM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Raonic was awful and bottled it completely, choker - never even looked like converting any of his break points or set points.

Really disappointed with Raonic's performance.
For someone who needs to come to the net to support his booming serve, he's not a natural volleyer. Lacks agility and reflexes aren't great. There was talk he got injured in the previous match so maybe I'm being a bit unfair. Nadal showed that an all round game will always beat the big serve on that surface.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:11 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Federer vs Nadal final would wind the clock back a few years. Not a massive Rafa fan but would enjoy watching the veterans slug it out for the first slam of the year.
You won't see it again I wouldn't think.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:12 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love the GOAT and everything he does on and off the court. I hope he wins the final at 35, even morso if it's against Nadal, I really do.
Old 26-01-2017, 11:32 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
I love the GOAT and everything he does on and off the court. I hope he wins the final at 35, even morso if it's against Nadal, I really do.
Spot on greybot.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:36 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Switching to WTA, was nice to see Konta making further progress. She underperformed against Serena Williams, who was just on fire that day. But in terms of performance over the last twelve months, Jo Konta is pretty much the form player on the tour. This Wimbledon might be very interesting...
Old 27-01-2017, 01:07 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rafa is playing as well as ever.
His last 3 wins against Zverev, Monfils and Raonic have been top class.
Dimitrov is cruising through his matches in 3rd gear but might be in for a shock tonight
if he doesn't step it up.
Ageing champion vs future star - looking forward to this one.
Old 27-01-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
Rafa is playing as well as ever.
His last 3 wins against Zverev, Monfils and Raonic have been top class.
Dimitrov is cruising through his matches in 3rd gear but might be in for a shock tonight
if he doesn't step it up.
Ageing champion vs future star - looking forward to this one.
If Dimitrov turns up it should be a belter. Rafa looks crisp and athletic at present. Really looking forward to it as well Kayjay.
Old 27-01-2017, 08:55 AM

Has there been a player with any more idiosyncrasies before they serve than Nadal?
It really is painful to watch.
Old 27-01-2017, 09:26 AM

6-3 Nadal 1st set. Looking ominous early for Dimitrov, as he's not playing badly, Nadal is just bullying him with topspin.
Old 27-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
what an utterly poor,dull woman's final is in prospect, so much for the woman's game allegedly improving in recent years, if I was to have free tickets for it I'd give them away, an organisers worst nightmare.
Old 27-01-2017, 11:18 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
what an utterly poor,dull woman's final is in prospect, so much for the woman's game allegedly improving in recent years, if I was to have free tickets for it I'd give them away, an organisers worst nightmare.
Not just the women's, I can't remember a worse standard for men's gram slam semi finals in 10+ years. It's woeful.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:41 PM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Not just the women's, I can't remember a worse standard for men's gram slam semi finals in 10+ years. It's woeful.
Just going to reiterate. This is dire.
Old 27-01-2017, 02:17 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nadal Federer it is then. Rolling back the years!
Old 27-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Quote:
At least they are both brilliant stroke players who will go for winners , you are right though a Murray/Djok final will have been a snooze fest
Old 27-01-2017, 03:15 PM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
At least they are both brilliant stroke players who will go for winners , you are right though a Murray/Djok final will have been a snooze fest
True but I have no doubt they are both watching these games wondering how the hell are not still in the tournament.