Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:09 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Almost wanted Fognini to do it in the end
Old 07-07-2017, 08:20 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
I went to wimbledon today and was court 17 when I saw an absolute terrible injury raking alongside the john salako injury.

A tennis ball hit Bethanie Mattek-sands square on the knee at what have must have been over 100 miles an hour- the Knee gave way and it took ages for anyone to come to her aid - basically it was the players husband and her opponents (ciresta) coach who attendeded her before Anyone arrirved. Believe Ciresta's version not the official wimbledon version.

The poor player was screaming and the officials had no fecking idea the got ice for her and put it back- they bought her a ******* wheelchair when she Needed a stretcher - brought the wrong Stretcher out - had St. John's ambulance guys there trying to give her first aid when it needed paramedics.

An absolute shambles - and I couldn't help but contrast it with football
Have seen footage and I thought she made a meal of it myself. I think the top men would have jumped up and run that off within a few points.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:26 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Fognini is mental.A fantastic clay court player who swings from the sublime to the ridiculous and usually ends up somewhere in between.Murray's always struggled against him,although largely on clay.The head to head is 4-3 now.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Well done Sir Andy Murray!

Great to see Murray and Konta still in Wimbledon. I feel like they've been involved in the best matches so far.

Really enjoyed the first 5 days of Wimbledon.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Murray's struggling here.

Even if he pulls through tonight just can't see him even making the final this year.
Whether he makes the final or not will be determined by who has the better game in the semi, him or Nadal. Nadal looking better but Murray on grass can equal anyone.

I wouldn't read much in today's game. Fognini is a very good player. The will to win at 2-5 down was very very good. In bis previous 2 wimbledon triumphs, Murray has been taken the distance and come quite close to going out. Sharpens the focus for week 2.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I thought it was pretty funny.

Way better than hearing the standard robot answers that we're accustomed to. People wonder why there aren't any characters in sport these days, well the reaction from all of this is the reason why.
His racket sponsor found it so un-hilarious that they're dropping him,
Old 07-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Exactly my point. Sport is so less fun that it should be due to people taking it way more seriously than it should be.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:00 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Have seen footage and I thought she made a meal of it myself. I think the top men would have jumped up and run that off within a few points.

Not sure if you are being serious - but absolutely awful being there when it happened - knee was in a total different direction to where it should've been
Old 07-07-2017, 10:11 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Exactly my point. Sport is so less fun that it should be due to people taking it way more seriously than it should be.
Agreed.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:22 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Not sure if you are being serious - but absolutely awful being there when it happened - knee was in a total different direction to where it should've been
Just being a dick. Was clearly an awful injury.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:40 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe if you'd spent £100 on a ticket, taken one maybe two days off work to come to Wimbledon, paid travel and hotel overnight...maybe then watching a 'bored' player might not be that amusing?

If tennis doesn't interest him, stop playing. Plenty of others would like the chance to play Wimbledon...and I much prefer the real 'characters' of sport, those who play with flare and passion.

They also need to do something about injured players turning up to claim their match fees. V unfair on the punters on Monday who had matches stopped when players broke down. I agree with Murray that a fairer system is needed to protect both players (from aggrevating pre-existing injuries) and the public from turning up to see matches that become walkovers.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
would have loved that
Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was on Centre yesterday. Murray's strength of will and bloody mindedness not to be beaten are fantastic but having watched both him and Nadal on court yesterday, I would put more money on a Spanish winner than a British one.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Maybe if you'd spent £100 on a ticket, taken one maybe two days off work to come to Wimbledon, paid travel and hotel overnight...maybe then watching a 'bored' player might not be that amusing?

If tennis doesn't interest him, stop playing. Plenty of others would like the chance to play Wimbledon...and I much prefer the real 'characters' of sport, those who play with flare and passion.

They also need to do something about injured players turning up to claim their match fees. V unfair on the punters on Monday who had matches stopped when players broke down. I agree with Murray that a fairer system is needed to protect both players (from aggrevating pre-existing injuries) and the public from turning up to see matches that become walkovers.
Is this some kind of crap joke?

I went to 11 away games in the 10/11 season and saw us pick up a single solitary point against Watford. We lost the 10 other games. That involved a lot more than £100 on a jolly day out at Wimbledon and some ******* strawberries.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Is this some kind of crap joke?

I went to 11 away games in the 10/11 season and saw us pick up a single solitary point against Watford. We lost the 10 other games. That involved a lot more than £100 on a jolly day out at Wimbledon and some ******* strawberries.
Yes, but the point is that if those Palace players collectively said 'Yeah, we couldn't be arsed to try as we're all a bit bored with football', the likelihood is that most people wouldn't laud them for being 'characters'.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I was on Centre yesterday. Murray's strength of will and bloody mindedness not to be beaten are fantastic but having watched both him and Nadal on court yesterday, I would put more money on a Spanish winner than a British one.
The 3rd set between Nadal and Khachanov was one of the best sets of tennis I've seen all year.Very high quality.Nadal has maintained his clay court form and looks like he'll be hard to stop.That's the first time he has lost 5 games or more in a set since the Australian Open!
Old 09-07-2017, 04:48 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Yes, but the point is that if those Palace players collectively said 'Yeah, we couldn't be arsed to try as we're all a bit bored with football', the likelihood is that most people wouldn't laud them for being 'characters'.
I'd appreciate their refreshing honesty
Old 10-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Getting really annoyed watching Nadal"s pre service routine. Evety single point he pulls his shorts out of his arse; tugs at both shoulders; picks both ears; wipes his nose and both eyes.Surprised he doesn't brush his teeth. Hope he gets knocked out.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:02 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
What a match this is.

Good thing for everyone else still in tournament that whoever goes through here will be shattered physically.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:09 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
4 1/2 hours in and these two still going at it like it is the first set. What a game.