Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-10-2017, 06:43 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
He's not missing much on The Apprentice to be fair. Biggest bunch of idiots ever. A case of which is the least shit team every week.
Perfect Chocky fodder.
Old 26-10-2017, 06:43 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Wandering round Waitrose yesterday I saw these and instantly had a Chocky moment.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
John Solomans
Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
My sig. One of Chocky's last posts on here.

I never met him but
Old 13-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
My sig. One of Chocky's last posts on here.

I never met him but
Old 16-12-2017, 10:37 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Last night we were flicking channels and the song "All I want fro Christmas is you" came on. At the chorus I instinctively without thinking substituted the word 'you' with a Chocky style 'Moo!'. Both me and Monty were immediately in tears. It's strange how the loss of someone hits you out of the blue sometimes. Still think of him often, still can't believe he's not here.
Old 16-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 20-12-2017, 03:02 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Just so sudden and shocking. Make sure you have everything right with you and yours people. Try never to leave the house with an arguement simmering.
Old 20-12-2017, 03:02 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Just so sudden and shocking. Make sure you have everything right with you and yours people. Try never to leave the house with an argument still simmering.

Last edited by PeterH; 20-12-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 21-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I had a Chocky moment yesterday, but I´m not sharing it with any of you.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolley View Post
I cannot believe I am writing this about my dear old friend Chocky whom I held in the highest regard – it all seems so surreal. To say I was devastated to hear the news is an understatement. I am still in shock.

My wife and I first met Chocky in the early 80s in the ‘Conquering Hero’ pub, Beulah Hill. We forged an instant friendship and he came to our wedding. When our daughter was born my wife was presented with a huge bunch of flowers in the hospital with the nurse suggesting it must have come from her husband – my wife said instantly that it couldn’t have come from me (!), yes it was from dear Chocky ! And Chocky later used to send our daughter a card on her birthday with a 50 Euro note enclosed each time. Such kindness personified Chocky.

I have mentioned the ‘Conquering Hero’ and I could speak for hours about the laughs and banter that used to take place involving Chocky. His irreverent scribblings on chalk on the blackboard in the toilet which had me in stitches and upset a certain person who stormed out and asked to see the Manager! His drinking of scotch which he called “Tea” etc etc etc. We had such terrific times in there with fellow supporters Belly,Palmer,Harry, Irish Pat,Alan V, Letchkov,Toilet Pete,Nick the Greek etc etc.

And the laughs extended to ‘Shazan’ curry house at Crown Point where I could also spend several hours recollecting all the shenanigans!!!! I recall a bucket being placed in the Gents due to a leak in the ceiling and the waiter complaining to me using the words “Quarter Full” – he wasn’t referring to the rainwater I can assure you but Chocky’s antics! And the food that used to “Accidentally” find it’s way under the table and where it was ground in to the carpet!!!! Chocky more than once used the words “Scrub, scrub” to describe the words used by the staff who had to deal with the debris. I could go on and on!

I have been to football with Chocky both at Selhurst and away grounds. My wife and I have stayed in his house in Spain and he visited us when we stayed in Seville. We went to see Malaga FC with him.In Spain I recall him drinking ‘Choombies’ and the bar tender calling him ‘Choombo’ !

When we went to Spain in December I informed Chocky that I wouldn’t be hiring a car so it would be difficult for us to go and see him – he said he hadn’t been feeling well, had to rest, couldn’t drive far and was going for tests. Little did we know the extent of his problems. We never met and I so wish we had done so. On Boxing Day he informed me his mother had passed away – little did I think that less than a month later he would be joining her. I have kept all the texts with Chocky, they won’t be deleted.

So, Chocky thanks for all the terrific memories – there will always be a place for you in the hearts of my wife, my daughter and of course Trolley! We are all saddened and devasted but glad, honoured and privileged that we enjoyed your company over many years.

The world is a poorer place, the BBS is a poorer place but we will raise a glass of you in your honour. God Bless you Chocky and RIP.
how can anyone be offended by this sort of phrasing
Old 11-01-2018, 04:13 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It will be a year on the 21st since he passed and drinks will be had on the 20th in Dempsey's in Dona Lola,Calahonda. Unfortunately i will not be there but will raise a glass whilst at the Arsenal game.HOOT!!!!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:46 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Norma invited us but we can't make the 21st either unfortunately, but we will definitely be raising a glass in his memory. I told Monty, my new year didn't start on 1st Jan - it won't start until the 22nd. The last year has been too sad without Chocky.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:16 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
It will be a year on the 21st since he passed and drinks will be had on the 20th in Dempsey's in Dona Lola,Calahonda. Unfortunately i will not be there but will raise a glass whilst at the Arsenal game.HOOT!!!!
Funny, I was thinking of him today, I was in Egypt on holiday when he died, and I am away again there on Tuesday for the same two weeks as last year, I will have a quiet drink for him on the anniversary.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:17 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Funny, I was thinking of him today, I was in Egypt on holiday when he died, and I am away again there on Tuesday for the same two weeks as last year, I will have a quiet drink for him on the anniversary.
And then moo at someone and shout "john Solomans"

He'd have liked that
Old 11-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
I´ll be there
Old 11-01-2018, 07:59 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I´ll be there
Nice one Pete
Old 12-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Nice one Pete
Hopefully Dempseys have framed up a couple of Chockys old shirts too, will get some pics.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:15 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Hopefully Dempseys have framed up a couple of Chockys old shirts too, will get some pics.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Thought about him a couple of days ago - Celebrity Big Brother was on, and was absolute garbage as usual, but I thought 'what would Chocky make of this'. His comments on it were always absolutely classic.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-01-2018, 07:41 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Please don't post them I'll only start blubbing again. This thread and PFIA do that but I still go there. Bless 'em both.