Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-01-2017, 01:43 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for keeping an open mind fellas (and ladies). Much appreciated. The pod itself often discusses analysing pundits propositions for what they are rather than who says them. For instance, the terrible Savage can come out with some valid points which are often ridiculed purely because they come from him. Therefore, given your replies you actually seem exactly the sort of open minded and analytical brains who I think would enjoy the pod, because you gave the pod/points made a 'go' even if went in to it wanting to disagree due to the impression you had of me.

Points rightly noted in respect of the FYP thread. Will promise to not merely promote my pod on that. However, sometimes it is easier to say listen to my pod on a topic than to write it all out, especially when it seems my writing skills could do with some more effort. Despite having the time to research and run this pod, I really do lead a very busy life and my posts potentially reflect this. Also, as posted on the FYP thread, analysing views on football is the premise of the pod in some respects and FYP is a big part of my own commute. So I can't promise I won't make reference to it in the pods.

As for coming over desperate for listeners, in hindsight I can see how it could seem that way. The truth is quite the opposite as I really do the pod with a friend for mere personal therapy than anything else as some of the journalism on sport drives me insane and I need a release.

Hope those who have time and give it a go enjoy part of it. I know they are very long!

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball

Last edited by Sir.S.C Remembered; 27-01-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: adding in the last little part of para 1
Old 27-01-2017, 01:44 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Really good Podcast
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 27-01-2017, 01:44 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Worth a listen
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 27-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
As for coming over desperate for listeners, in hindsight I can see how it could seem that way. The truth is quite the opposite as I really do the pod with a friend for mere personal therapy than anything else as some of the journalism on sport drives me insane and I need a release.
Old 27-01-2017, 01:54 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for keeping an open mind fellas (and ladies). Much appreciated. The pod itself often discusses analysing pundits propositions for what they are rather than who says them. For instance, the terrible Savage can come out with some valid points which are often ridiculed purely because they come from him. Therefore, given your replies you actually seem exactly the sort of open minded and analytical brains who I think would enjoy the pod, because you gave the pod/points made a 'go' even if went in to it wanting to disagree due to the impression you had of me.

Points rightly noted in respect of the FYP thread. Will promise to not merely promote my pod on that. However, sometimes it is easier to say listen to my pod on a topic than to write it all out, especially when it seems my writing skills could do with some more effort. Despite having the time to research and run this pod, I really do lead a very busy life and my posts potentially reflect this. Also, as posted on the FYP thread, analysing views on football is the premise of the pod in some respects and FYP is a big part of my own commute. So I can't promise I won't make reference to it in the pods.

Hope those who have time and give it a go enjoy part of it. I know they are very long!
I dont think its a problem to quote or mention other media including FYP on your podcast, the problem was adverting it on the FYP thread. I think now you will see a different reaction from people (all apart from Selhurst Celtic haha)
Old 27-01-2017, 05:15 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:

so why do you record it and publish it online?
Old 27-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Listening to the pod as we speak so if you want some feedback....

1. Needs a bit more structure just to break it up. Maybe have some features even if they are fairly generic e.g manager/player focus or whatever
2. I know you are teachers but try and inject a bit more humour. Football is supposed to be fun (at least sometimes)
3. I think you need at least another person to avoid it being too two dimensional
4. Oddly like the fact you don't mind swearing. Most football fans swear (a lot). Keep it up!

It's intelligent and enjoyable though so thanks.
Old 27-01-2017, 09:50 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Top Tip. It's Goliath not Golaith.

Or is that your actual surname, in which case is your middle name Versus?
Old 30-01-2017, 09:06 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Listening to the pod as we speak so if you want some feedback....

1. Needs a bit more structure just to break it up. Maybe have some features even if they are fairly generic e.g manager/player focus or whatever
2. I know you are teachers but try and inject a bit more humour. Football is supposed to be fun (at least sometimes)
3. I think you need at least another person to avoid it being too two dimensional
4. Oddly like the fact you don't mind swearing. Most football fans swear (a lot). Keep it up!

It's intelligent and enjoyable though so thanks.
Thanks. Will certainly consider the above . Appreciated and glad you are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
so why do you record it and publish it online?
Because it feels more therapeutic getting it 'out there', even if not really listened to much. I felt like a broken record talking football with various mates whereas some of them (not all!) now listen. Sure, we might also like the ego of having it published a bit, we are only human after all.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
Old 30-01-2017, 09:08 AM
DGFootball Pod

We might also like the ego of having it published a bit, we are only human after all. But we would love for it to have an impact on improving the level of football journalism/punditry. As currently we feel there are a few ridiculous themes coming through e.g. hyping of foreign managers over British ones, lack of opportunity for youth players...

Also on ACAST too:

Last edited by Sir.S.C Remembered; 30-01-2017 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Duplicate post apart from last line
Old 05-02-2017, 09:06 PM
DGFootball Pod

New pod out discussing all things Premier League. Notable aspects include:

- Klopp and Liverpool
- Comparing Steve Bruce to Conte
- Palace disaster + are we becoming 'soulless'?
- Transfers
- Team in focus Leicester City
- Comparing Pardew and Benitez
Much more!

Enjoy. Warning: It is almost 3 hours long!!

Download now ready for the commute tomorrow morning.

Also on ACAST too:
Old 16-02-2017, 07:52 PM
DGFootball Pod

Another edition of critical thinking in depth analysis of recent topical English football related news. We discuss:

- Recent results
- Champions League and FA Cup
- Wenger out?
- Ranieri out?
- Managers who get credit for player development and those which don't
- Villas Boas record
- Martinez record

And more! Find us on iTunes Pod app and Acast too under DGFootball.

Also on ACAST too:
Old 16-02-2017, 11:21 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
You sure this should be in Palace Talk? Seems like the above show is more Football Talk than Palace.
Old 18-02-2017, 09:04 AM
DGFootball Pod

True but there is a lot of Palace coverage in the pod every week. Even if it is not headlined to be so. Sort of impossible given my role etc.

Also on ACAST too:
Old 18-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
We might also like the ego of having it published a bit, we are only human after all. But we would love for it to have an impact on improving the level of football journalism/punditry.

Who do you have in you sights regarding improving the level of football journalism/punditry ?

Last edited by chrisophiex; 18-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 18-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Are you sponsored by chicken cottage?
Old 20-02-2017, 06:27 PM
DGFootball Pod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Who do you have in you sights regarding improving the level of football journalism/punditry ?
It is not a matter of who. I have faith that most pundits have the capacity to be more balanced, more analytical, more logical... I'm sure we all have our favourites. But I don't really want to focus on that too much as even some of the idiots can make some good points at times e.g. Savage on Klopp. I'd like to judge all points on their own merit and consistent train of thought.

Wonderful memory Stav. Apply Zaha making mistakes as a youngster logic eh.

Also on ACAST too:
Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM
DGFootball Pod

NEW POD OUT: Another topic packed pod, taking a critical thinking approach to the following topics:

- News: RANIERI GONE, player power, League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League, Piegate, Blackburn sack boss
- Premiership results and relegation focus / CPFC focus
- Is Kane world class?
- Pocc: Does he need to win something to go to the next level?
- **Manager research focus: Allegri, Tuchel, Mancini

AND MUCH MORE!
Enjoy and remember we are on Soundcloud, iTunes and Acast under DGFootball

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Also on ACAST too:
Old 22-03-2017, 08:51 PM
DGFootball Pod

Another pod out now (sorry for the delay) going over recent football events in a balanced, non-polarised, critical thinking approach.

Some of the topics covered:
- Champions League games and tie
- Premier League results + CPFC and relegation watch
- Jose's comments
- FA Cup results
- England Squad

+ Much more

*Tech issues: Slightly worse sound quality

SEE LINKS BELOW IN SIGNATURE + POST 1

Also on ACAST too:
Old 09-04-2017, 08:54 AM
DGFootball Pod

One came out a few days ago. Malta special

Also on ACAST too: