Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Big Mal Fan

keygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bag
Volume 2 of the Palace History Book

With Volume 1 of the 'Origin of Crystal Palace FC' in the club shop, Volume 2 is currently in production.

Volume 2 covers the period starting from 1904 and shows how the Crystal Palace Company organised and financed the creation of Crystal Palace FC as a professional club, to 1925 with the club having relocated to Selhurst Park. Volume 2 is already crammed full of previously unpublished, eye-popping historical material but there is always room for more.

If any BBS contributors would like to play a part, and have any original materials from this period they would like to be considered for inclusion in the book, I’d be delighted to hear from you. You may use this thread or PM me with your information.

All things are of interest: photographs, letters, documents, maps, share-certificates, yearbooks, newspaper cuttings, cigarette cards, souvenirs. I just require a good-quality scan or photograph of the document. The only proviso is that you must own the original document or object, and the document is not a scan from an already-published book.

Volume 2, like Volume 1, will be a small print-run so there is no commercial angle: I can’t offer any payment but I can guarantee to credit the contributor by name next to their document (only if they wish, of course) and you can be a small part of Palace’s history for ever.

Steve Martyniuk

Author
Old 02-02-2017, 02:04 AM
I got to play at selhurst

mikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi steve i believe we may have some stuff that hasnt seen the light of day before. I wanted to do something with it but wasnt quite sure what. I will check the archive and pm over the weekend
Old 02-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
As you know Steve, just let me know when you are next at a game.

I am up to page 261 now on Vol 1, enjoying it immensely. The Sheffield lot have ditched handballing it all the time, and seemingly joining forces with the London lot and so I am expecting an explosion in the game very soon! Gripping stuff!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Big Mal Fan

keygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bagkeygrippa has got sunshine in a bag
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethetie2010 View Post
Hi steve i believe we may have some stuff that hasnt seen the light of day before. I wanted to do something with it but wasnt quite sure what. I will check the archive and pm over the weekend
Thanks Mike!

That would be great.
Old 26-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Big Mal Fan

Thanks to everyone who has been in contact so far. I’ve received so much stuff that Volume 2 will certainly have to be split into Volumes 2 and 3.

Many of these items have surely never been seen before by Palace fans.

The work continues and if anyone has any Palace memorabilia of the period 1904 to 1925 which could contribute to a permanent record of Palace’s history, please feel free to PM me on this forum.

Steve
Old 20-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Big Mal Fan

Just an update for everyone whom I met during my visit to Croydon and neighbouring districts last week, to thank you all for your stunning contributions.

Every time I bump this thread to the top of the list I get new contacts, so - anyone who has any memorabilia which they would like preserved for future generations, please PM me on this forum.

Steve
Old 02-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Volume 2 of the Origin of Crystal Palace is now on sale in the Club Shop (and currently with free delivery via the online club shop)

This new book covers the very earliest years of the 1905 club that we know today, how it was established, the people involved, and both the footballing and financial difficulties in those early years.

The original CPFC artefacts featured in the book are quite breathtaking, and the depth of information as the story is told is unprecedented by any history book previously written.

I know the author, and the huge amount of both hours and miles put in to research and gather all of the information and items was incredible! Literally no stone has been left unturned!

I can imagine in 100 years, assuming CPFC is still going, that people will still be referring to these books to fully understand the history of the club.

I would very much recommend this book to anyone interested in the clubs history who is curious to learn more, you will not be disappointed!

More information is available at

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will most certainly pick up this when I'm Next at Selhurst. I've always been curious as to the orgins of the club
Old 02-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Sonic Youth

Jolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Vol.1 is currently out of stock.

keygrippa: Is there a chance that it will be restocked or can it be purchased elsewhere?
Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Amazon had a small number of copies but even they are showing as sold out at the moment

Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Big Mal Fan

It seems that Volume 1 hardback is sold out. I shall ask the club if they want to take another batch.

The Volume 2 hardback is only available in similarly limited numbers, so anyone who is really keen should move fast.

The e-book version of both books is available at the link posted on this thread yesterday by Dorking Eagle.

Steve Martyniuk
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blimey, how did i miss this originally...

Volume 2 ordered from club shop.

Any chance of Volume 1 from anywhere please?
Old 04-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Big Mal Fan

I've replied to Ev and Jolly Norwegian & I'll be sending them a copy of Volume 1.

I have a few copies left of the Volume 1 hardback edition at home. If anyone would like a copy, just PM me on this forum.

Steve Martyniuk
Old 08-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Volume 1 received direct from the author and what a marvellous weighty tome it is too!

Hopefully Volume 2 (ordered from the CPFC club shop) will be with me shortly too.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:38 AM
Sonic Youth

Jolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJolly Norwegian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev View Post
Volume 1 received direct from the author and what a marvellous weighty tome it is too!

Hopefully Volume 2 (ordered from the CPFC club shop) will be with me shortly too.
My thoughts exactly. Time to get educated!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:13 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got mine on Friday and it looks stunning! Looking so much forward to reading it
Old 23-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Big heads up here -

according to the official site, the club shop is offering 20% off tomorrow (Black Friday)

online I believe this starts at midnight, in store all day that the shop is open

This would mean a whopping tenner off the history book Vol 2.

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; Yesterday at 06:17 AM.
Old 23-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Ockleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOckleywood : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you are going to buy anything on Black Friday, BUY THIS BOOK!