Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Wales were hopeless, what a disastrous second half
Old 26-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
England dreadful. Italy excellent. 5-10 at half time.
Old 26-02-2017, 03:51 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
England dreadful. Italy excellent. 5-10 at half time.
Great effort from them. We have definitely underestimated them but expect them to tire towards the end.
Old 26-02-2017, 04:00 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Italy have been outstanding. Should be further ahead.
Old 26-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interesting play from Italy - and certainly a good shock tactic. There were plenty of breakdowns where no ruck was formed and therefore Italy were well within their rights to come around the ruck - didnt think they gained too much of an advantage from it though bar the confusion it caused. And when England utilised the same anti-ruck swarming in the second half i think we got more out of it.
Think the majority of confusion came from Poite's calling of the ruck - there were a few occasions when rucks were formed and they wernt called.

Care was taken off too early and hughes is pretty rubbish. England win, thatll do.
Old 26-02-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
For a team that have won 17 on the trot, there is a lot of nit picking going on. Lets all hope they get their arse kicked v the Scots.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 26-02-2017, 10:34 PM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
Interesting play from Italy - and certainly a good shock tactic. There were plenty of breakdowns where no ruck was formed and therefore Italy were well within their rights to come around the ruck - didnt think they gained too much of an advantage from it though bar the confusion it caused. And when England utilised the same anti-ruck swarming in the second half i think we got more out of it.
Think the majority of confusion came from Poite's calling of the ruck - there were a few occasions when rucks were formed and they wernt called.

Care was taken off too early and hughes is pretty rubbish. England win, thatll do.
Care made far too many handling errors and wanted to make the "look at me " move, Hughes was brilliant against Wales I thought he did ok today
Old 26-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
care was fine - one pass he shouldnt have tried to thread through the onrushing defence and not much else wrong bar trying to understand how to combat the italian tactic. scrum half was an extremely stifled position today for england and he scored a try and made a few good breaks.

I dont agree with you on Hughes, he has been woeful - he makes no yards, is a penalty machine (3 in the first half today) has low skills (2 knock ons in the first 20 mins) and had no positive impact against wales. i also dislike his mercenary nationality (qualifies for england on 3year residency grounds which came through in the summer - he turned down a call from fiji for the world cup when they were the only nation he was eligible for with the hope to wait out the 3 years in england and play for them instead - it shouldnt be allowed)
Old 26-02-2017, 11:05 PM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hughes appears to be a budget Billy vunipola. Marauding when he gets the ball, but has poor hands and makes too many unforced errors. Italy's tactics were interesting, although more out of a rugby league playbook in terms of backing off the physicality. It threw England for most of the first half, but once we started the pick and go from the tackle, the Italians should have stopped it, as it meant they kept getting pushed back.

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 27-02-2017, 01:53 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Cheeky by the Italians. Good to see someone throw a different tactic into the game. England looked a little miffed by it all, but showed their quality by adapting and winning even when they didn't play to their high standard.

Off to the toilet now to vomit after praising you lot. Grrrr.
Old 27-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
Cheeky by the Italians. Good to see someone throw a different tactic into the game. England looked a little miffed by it all, but showed their quality by adapting and winning even when they didn't play to their high standard.

Off to the toilet now to vomit after praising you lot. Grrrr.
We'll make an Englishman of you yet!
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 27-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I'm not really that interested in Egg Chasing, but I did watch the Italy game yesterday and am dismayed by the really awful moaning from the England camp. Italy did nothing wrong (apparently). They were exploiting the rules and - until the bemused England team were given some guidance at the break - managed to take a decent lead. Some have said that it wasn't rugby. Other have suggested that, as a spectacle, it was poor.

I disagree. I wasn't expecting the game to be particularly enjoyable as (i) it was rugby; and (ii) England are surely so much better than Italy, that a one-sided and huge win was in prospect. There's really not much fun watching one Team demolish another, unless it's Palace v Brighton (or anyone else actually). That's why at half time, I had abandoned the Sky Premiership match and was glued to the Six Nations. Certainly it was unusual and confusing, but (IMHO) also enormously entertaining. Eddie Jones (and Matt Dawson) should be ashamed of their comments - see To view the link you have to Register or Login for example.

No rule change is necessary, just a thorough understanding of the rules. Once England had been briefed at half time, the Team had no problem exploiting the space that Italy's tactics produced done the middle. It was a one-off and unlikely to be repeated. As a shock tactic is worked well. Congratulations Italy.
Old 27-02-2017, 10:10 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm not really that interested in Egg Chasing, but I did watch the Italy game yesterday and am dismayed by the really awful moaning from the England camp. Italy did nothing wrong (apparently). They were exploiting the rules and - until the bemused England team were given some guidance at the break - managed to take a decent lead. Some have said that it wasn't rugby. Other have suggested that, as a spectacle, it was poor.

I disagree. I wasn't expecting the game to be particularly enjoyable as (i) it was rugby; and (ii) England are surely so much better than Italy, that a one-sided and huge win was in prospect. There's really not much fun watching one Team demolish another, unless it's Palace v Brighton (or anyone else actually). That's why at half time, I had abandoned the Sky Premiership match and was glued to the Six Nations. Certainly it was unusual and confusing, but (IMHO) also enormously entertaining. Eddie Jones (and Matt Dawson) should be ashamed of their comments - see To view the link you have to Register or Login for example.

No rule change is necessary, just a thorough understanding of the rules. Once England had been briefed at half time, the Team had no problem exploiting the space that Italy's tactics produced done the middle. It was a one-off and unlikely to be repeated. As a shock tactic is worked well. Congratulations Italy.
Eddie isn't a great sport when he doesn't instigate the tactic, or get the upper hand on the opposition. Great coach, and totally ruthless to boot, but not the greatest when things aren't quite going his way.
By those comments I see he hasn't changed.
Doing an insanely good job for you lot though
Old 27-02-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
We'll make an Englishman of you yet!

Got enough in the family as it is. Need a sense of balance due to the unbalanced nature of all the English family members.
Except for you Darkstar if you read this
Old 02-03-2017, 02:59 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Interesting comments.

As far as Dawson is concerned, he's a tool. Ignore him.

For Jones, take it with a pinch of salt: when England play well, he gives praise. When they play poorly, he deflects criticism either onto himself or something else. Here, it was something else.

With regard to the "done nothing wrong"/no rule change required, I guess that depends on how you look at it and how you apply the laws of the game. The referee was praised for how he handled the game, but quite frankly he was terrible. That's not sour grapes - I liked the Italy tactic to an extent, have seen my team Wasps do similar fairly recently and it is effective. However, you have to allow it to be used properly for both teams.

If no ruck is formed, there is no offside line. Italy, therefore, can go "behind" the ball. What they can't do is encroach on the ball or the scrum-half. Which they did on more than one occasion.

Further, if there is a ruck the referee can insist the scrum-half uses the ball. If no ruck, the ref can't do that. There is no requirement for anyone to touch the ball on the attacking side and, per the previous paragraph, the defending team aren't allowed to encroach. In theory, you could end with a stalemate and at 5-3 ahead England could've just sat there and done nothing until half-time. On more than one occasion, Poite shouted "use it", Care panicked and picked the ball up and England were caught short.

Interestingly, England did similar a couple of times in the second half and committed exactly the same offences Italy did in encroaching - I guess in that regard the ref was consistent!

From my point of view though, it's the equivalent of parking the bus. Italy had no chance of winning so didn't even try to. To me, that indicates a problem with the 6N and the support Italy gets from it's national federation, not a problem with the laws of the game. The Italian Federation are quite happy to reap the monetary rewards of the 6N without properly investing - relegation, or at least a play-off, might focus them more on moving forward rather than stagnating and banking the cash. This should be an eye-opener to the 6N Committee and World Rugby, but not for a law change.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:

egg chasing FFS, prick, I'd like to see you in the front row of a scrummage or a rolling maul or taking spear tackles or being cloths lined being gouged,bitten and having studs scrapped down your bare back! come back and say its egg chasing then idiot.

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 02-03-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:59 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Yeah James. And I bet you couldn't down a post game pint of ale that's been poured down the naked back of a hairy, sweaty tight head prop into an old Hunter welly, whilst your public school team mates bray "DOWN IN ONE YOU ZULU WARRIOR!"
Old 06-03-2017, 10:39 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Yeah James. And I bet you couldn't down a post game pint of ale that's been poured down the naked back of a hairy, sweaty tight head prop into an old Hunter welly, whilst your public school team mates bray "DOWN IN ONE YOU ZULU WARRIOR!"
For James, that's his average Monday morning.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:47 AM

radiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
have met a few rugby types of late who turn their nose up at football who are at a loss to explain in any coherent way what happened in the England Italy game. I remain as baffled as ever by the appeal of this game, rugby league looks more dramatic, but will be watching to hope Ireland beat England!
Old 06-03-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomike View Post
have met a few rugby types of late who turn their nose up at football who are at a loss to explain in any coherent way what happened in the England Italy game. I remain as baffled as ever by the appeal of this game, rugby league looks more dramatic, but will be watching to hope Ireland beat England!
Thanks for your valuable input.