Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
It’s defini been considered by me, as well as the coaching factor. Hodgeson’s influence will come to bear at some point soon I think. We may go down, but it won’t be an embarrassment- I expect us to be in a scrap.
Which in itself is so unnecessary. I realise there's a danger that interest might wane eventually if we strolled into mid-table and stayed there. But I'd be willing to give it a try if we could avoid shooting ourselves in the foot for a season or two.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is the league of 11 we're in.
Just need to finish 8th or better...
Not beyond us with a full squad and 31 games to go surely?

West Bromwich Albion 9
Huddersfield Town 9
Southampton 8
Stoke City 8
Brighton 7
West Ham United 7
Everton 7
Leicester City 5
Swansea City 5
AFC Bournemouth 4
Crystal Palace 0
Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASSA the PALACETINIAN View Post

West Bromwich Albion 9
Huddersfield Town 9
Southampton 8
Stoke City 8
Brighton 7
West Ham United 7
Everton 7
Leicester City 5
Swansea City 5
AFC Bournemouth 4
Crystal Palace 0
League of 11 ?

i think it will be a league of 4 from

Palace
Bournemouth
Swansea
Brighton

1 WILL SURVIVE
Old 10-10-2017, 09:39 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
League of 11 ?

Palace
Bournemouth
Swansea
Brighton

1 WILL SURVIVE
Huddersfield too. They were awful against Spurs. They’re the only prem team with a worse goalie than us!
Old 12-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone else remember Saturday 10th November 1973.
Date of our first win that season away at Bristol City under Big Mal.
Got a month to wait yet then................
Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Anyone else remember Saturday 10th November 1973.
Date of our first win that season away at Bristol City under Big Mal.
Got a month to wait yet then................
Remember ......I was there...!!! Had another couple of weeks before win at home....
Old 12-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
We can survive because:

We might be in disarray at the moment, but get all our players back, a bit of organisation from Roy, a bit of luck and we can turn it round. A free agent striker may well be an added bonus.

We allowed ourselves to be bullied by Huddersfield, who were given licence to clog by weak refereeing. The only way is down for them.

We should have trounced Burnley, but failed. Their 'nick an early goal and shut up shop' ruse will not work all season. They will be found out.

We deserved something at Liverpool.

Southampton and Swansea games were disappointing against two bang average teams. But both were at home, where our malaise continues. That is typical Palace. We must somehow make it 'Fortress Selhurst' again and make teams not want to come here.

We lost to both Manchester clubs with a badly weakened team. We never get anything up there anyway. We will not be the last to concede 4 and 5 up there. They are out the way now.

We may be struggling at the moment, but Huddersfield will struggle and Brighton's honeymoon is over. I can honestly see the weeds losing 8 of their next 10. There are others who may well struggle too. West Ham and Stoke are no great shakes, Southampton are struggling to score. Everton though will come good - they always do.

Just one win from the opening games (we should have trounced Burnley) would have had us still in touch and we would not be in the slough of despond. 38 points from 31 games is eminently do-able. 11 wins, 5 draws, 15 defeats. We may not even need 38 points. Even Ol' Jug Ears said on MOTD "History proves it is not a done deal yet" or something similar (but he might have been taking the piss ).

Yes, we are rightfully the bookies favourites to go down.
Yes, we have no fit strikers
Yes, we have a keeper who atm would struggle to catch a cold (unlike certain central defenders). But we have Mama back and hopefully he can marshall the defence.
When Zaha returns, he can hopefully add that bit of spark.

Deluded? Maybe, but it is far too early to give up yet. Keep the faith.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:43 AM

SteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What odds are we to stay up? I'll have a tenner on that.
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16
Old 12-10-2017, 10:48 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
We can survive because:

We might be in disarray at the moment, but get all our players back, a bit of organisation from Roy, a bit of luck and we can turn it round. A free agent striker may well be an added bonus.

We allowed ourselves to be bullied by Huddersfield, who were given licence to clog by weak refereeing. The only way is down for them.

We should have trounced Burnley, but failed. Their 'nick an early goal and shut up shop' ruse will not work all season. They will be found out.

We deserved something at Liverpool.

Southampton and Swansea games were disappointing against two bang average teams. But both were at home, where our malaise continues. That is typical Palace. We must somehow make it 'Fortress Selhurst' again and make teams not want to come here.

We lost to both Manchester clubs with a badly weakened team. We never get anything up there anyway. We will not be the last to concede 4 and 5 up there. They are out the way now.

We may be struggling at the moment, but Huddersfield will struggle and Brighton's honeymoon is over. I can honestly see the weeds losing 8 of their next 10. There are others who may well struggle too. West Ham and Stoke are no great shakes, Southampton are struggling to score. Everton though will come good - they always do.

Just one win from the opening games (we should have trounced Burnley) would have had us still in touch and we would not be in the slough of despond. 38 points from 31 games is eminently do-able. 11 wins, 5 draws, 15 defeats. We may not even need 38 points. Even Ol' Jug Ears said on MOTD "History proves it is not a done deal yet" or something similar (but he might have been taking the piss ).

Yes, we are rightfully the bookies favourites to go down.
Yes, we have no fit strikers
Yes, we have a keeper who atm would struggle to catch a cold (unlike certain central defenders). But we have Mama back and hopefully he can marshall the defence.
When Zaha returns, he can hopefully add that bit of spark.

Deluded? Maybe, but it is far too early to give up yet. Keep the faith.

I love and applaud your positive attitude to us. Gives a refreshing positive spin on things. However, I dare say if you were swapping places with another club and writing this for them, one of the positives for any other club languishing would be 'Palace are all but gone already with a club in dis-array, so that's one place filled.'

In reality, we're far from relegated (we're 7 months away from the end of the season FFS), but each week that goes by makes that job a tiny bit harder. One win would makes the whole situation feel completely different.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I love and applaud your positive attitude to us. Gives a refreshing positive spin on things. However, I dare say if you were swapping places with another club and writing this for them, one of the positives for any other club languishing would be 'Palace are all but gone already with a club in dis-array, so that's one place filled.'

In reality, we're far from relegated (we're 7 months away from the end of the season FFS), but each week that goes by makes that job a tiny bit harder. One win would makes the whole situation feel completely different.
Indeed. Even though in the predictor thread I have us to lose 3-0 v Chelski (head rules), in my heart I believe it is the sort of game where being Palace we can upset the odds and start the revival. I have seen too many seasons of struggle to give up just yet.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyHawking View Post
What odds are we to stay up? I'll have a tenner on that.
After Chelsea we must go long odds to stay up
Old 12-10-2017, 11:34 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Indeed. Even though in the predictor thread I have us to lose 3-0 v Chelski (head rules), in my heart I believe it is the sort of game where being Palace we can upset the odds and start the revival. I have seen too many seasons of struggle to give up just yet.
I admire your blind optimism, but we haven't been Fortress Selhurst for some years (not in terms of results)... our atmosphere only seems to come in to play against certain teams where we have created a bit of momentum, and they have a temporary mental weak spot (Liverpool and arsenal come to mind).

We don't seem to have even attempted to get a out-of-contract striker in, whether that would be a benefit is debateable, my feeling is that many of our players have already given up and the lack of a striker is a convenient excuse. We don't seem to have any idea what our best team is, who might 'turn up' if picked, nor any sense of how to play.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:51 AM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At this stage our 1st target has to beat Derby's 11 point for a season record.

Once we get there we don't need to worry about being the worst prem team in history and can work towards staying up if not already cut too far adrift!
Old 12-10-2017, 03:40 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wouldn't be palace otherwise,I was at Coventry when Clive Allen scored
We did go down on 21 pts which I still think is the lowest in the old 1st division
I reckon we can stay up
Don't lose to Brighton FFS
Old 18-12-2017, 08:33 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fed up with all the negativity yes we was absolute pants today vs Sunderland but as i have said in previous posts we have 5 players to add to the starting 11 and we are now in a mini league of 6 teams of which one team are the league winners last year where 1 win could take a team from bottom to top of the table

Come on lets hear some positive vibes

its 3 from this 6

TABLE UPDATED 8PM 5TH FEB

Table on 12th feb 7pm
so in 2 months time we just need 2 points to be ahead of where we was a year ago so this thread is worthy of a bump
Old 18-12-2017, 08:40 PM

swirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswirly007 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
so in 2 months time we just need 2 points to be ahead of where we was a year ago so this thread is worthy of a bump
This puts into perspective how good a job Roy is doing.
Old 31-12-2017, 09:30 PM

So below is this seasons table and last seasons after 21 games

strange we are in the same position but with 3 more points

Hull boro and Sunderland went down

Not looking good for Newcastle is it ?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-05-2018, 07:21 AM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

West Bromwich Albion 9
Huddersfield Town 9
Southampton 8
Stoke City 8
Brighton 7
West Ham United 7
Everton 7
Leicester City 5
Swansea City 5
AFC Bournemouth 4
Crystal Palace 0
Haven't done too badly have we?........
Old 03-05-2018, 07:40 AM

Hong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

West Bromwich Albion 9
Huddersfield Town 9
Southampton 8
Stoke City 8
Brighton 7
West Ham United 7
Everton 7
Leicester City 5
Swansea City 5
AFC Bournemouth 4
Crystal Palace 0
Interesting to see how teams have done since gameweek 7
Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
League of 11 ?

Palace
Bournemouth
Swansea
Brighton

1 WILL SURVIVE
That wasn't really a bad call at the time, but now it looks like at most one of those teams will go down, and quite possible all four will survive.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk