Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:10 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1802 View Post
We can't go above boro unless we beat them 4-0!! They have a better GD than us
Good point lets rework it

15. Hull
16.Boro
17. Palace
18.Leicester
19.Swansea
20.Sunderland
Old 12-02-2017, 11:38 AM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still think we'll stay up but need to keep an eye on results from our relegation rivals. I think the Swansea Leicester game today needs to be a 0-0 result to keep them both in with us.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Good point lets rework it

15. Hull

16.Boro

17. Palace

18.Leicester

19.Swansea

20.Sunderland

We'd 'only' have to beat Boro by two goals to go above them.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
The only way is up!
Old 12-02-2017, 01:30 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Those 2 end of season games in Manchester will be dead rubbers for them so 6 points there plus 3 at home to Hull. Only need 9 points between now and May - feel better already.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:48 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
As a Nigel would on this miserable Sunday I played with that BBC predictor to the end of the season in a guess how things might pan out. I still had us staying staying up and that was being harsh against us. I was going through it thinking there's still a lot of twists and turns to happen yet. Leicester have some real hard games and I had Watford and Bournemouth struggling too.

Going by this boards reaction everyone has us down it seems after yesterday when we were unlucky not to get a point. What's changed? If we win the games that we need we will still do it. I'm bored of people's doom and gloom posts, 36 points I reckon will be enough to stay up.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we get 6 points from boro, wb and Watford we still might have a chance. Probably best take one match at a time.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:34 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Taking one game at a time is far too logical for the negative trolls that plague the BBS and they also choose to ignore the fact that teams other than Palace are under pressure and struggling to score and string a run of results together.

They prefer to lambast those who have not given up the ghost and who do not share their negative agenda as far as Palace being relegated this season.

Cue a torrent of posts saying that I am deluded from the same predictable posters.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:46 PM

Michael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Taking one game at a time is far too logical for the negative trolls that plague the BBS and they also choose to ignore the fact that teams other than Palace are under pressure and struggling to score and string a run of results together.

They prefer to lambast those who have not given up the ghost and who do not share their negative agenda as far as Palace being relegated this season.

Cue a torrent of posts saying that I am deluded from the same predictable posters.
Agreed. How can you possibly give at this stage. Big Sam rescued Sunderland from an almost identical plight last year. I do admit that after watching us against Sunderland it did look a bit hopeless but yesterday showed an improvement and with a couple of weeks to work with the new players there can be a further improvement against Boro.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
Agreed. How can you possibly give at this stage. Big Sam rescued Sunderland from an almost identical plight last year. I do admit that after watching us against Sunderland it did look a bit hopeless but yesterday showed an improvement and with a couple of weeks to work with the new players there can be a further improvement against Boro.
Agreed really felt we was unlucky not to get a point yesterday stoke are not a easy team if you was to cut the league in half they would not even be in the same league as us

i do feel our next game could be crucial tho we have to beat the teams around us now and at home and a win against boro will mentally boost the players
Old 12-02-2017, 06:37 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Despite it looking bleak, I'm still looking for the chink of light that might just turn this disaster into a memorable finish.

Sam has 2 weeks now to really change things up and try and come up with a winning side and formula. He's got to be brave and i think as most fans seem to be already resigned to relegation, he has wiggle room to really change it up. It's not quite as desperate as it was when Alan Smith was sacked all those years ago that led to Kember and Stockport, but I think we need that kind of 'f**k it' approach that will release the shackles.

I would stick Mandanda, Sakho, Shlupp and Remy in and really freshen it up right through the side, along with Luka in midfield of course. If we just carry on with the same faces we're just going to keep hitting our heads against the wall. It needs one last brave roll of the dice to try and spark some life back into the team.

Personally I've got my eye and hopes on Sakho. Very big character, and just might be the sort that galvanises a revolution of sorts. Why not? If things don't change and we drop then we've got all summer to be defeatist, sling the mud and crucify the culprits. I'm not jacking in the hope whilst there is still hope - otherwise what's the point? Things can change in an instance in this league, and there have been countless cases of clubs that looked down and out, seemingly devoid of any fight to survive, suddenly explode into life.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 12-02-2017, 06:45 PM

Eagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Nest came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm clinging on to the theory that bad runs come to an end and all teams eventually have a purple patch. I hope that comes within this season.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post

its 3 from this 6

TABLE UPDATED 8PM 5TH FEB

Table on 12th feb 7pm

Just updated the tables in what i will call the table of 6 swansea and boro the only 2 teams to pick up points and this puts them in 1st and 2nd it really is that tight

FIXTURES 25TH FEB

Swansea vs Chelsea

Cpfc Vs Boro

Everton vs Sunderland

Hull Vs Burnley

Leicester vs Liverpool

Last edited by palacelad197o; 12-02-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Only way we'll be staying up is if we replicate what Sunderland has done for years. They've been in a similar boat regarding having a load of mercenaries who don't really care or put effort in (besides against Newcastle, freak results like against us and right at the end of the season in their great escapes.) We have more talent than them, and the manager who steered them to survival in one of their escapes. Who says we can't pull off a great escape? Sure they've had Defoe in recent seasons, but before they brought him it was Connor ******* Wickham that dug them out the shit, and do not tell me for a second that you'd rely on him for goals above Benteke or Remy. Anyway no matter what happens this is what supporting a proper team is all about (not one of those plastic top 6 clubs.) You take the bad with the good. It's been shit for a while and probably will be for a few more years but after that we will rise again.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:35 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its still all to play for. My main worry is that BFS still seems to be experimenting. He needs to come to a decision regarding formation and line up.

5 at the back doesn't work. I don't think Van Arnhualt and Ward are up to it and don't trust our CB's enough to play three of them at the same time - and Delaney should no longer start for a Premeir league football team.

Zaha and Townsend swapping wings won't work either. Zaha on the right if we want an attacking threat.

Puncheon is surely no longer a starting player in our team. When we need to chase the game Remy must be preferable (or Townsend). Otherwise our midfield should consist of Milivojević, MaCarthur and Cabaye.

We need to play that team and win a game (preferably Middlesborough). It could change everything. Our first 11 (and our squad) is the strongest we've had in our four seasons in the Premier League, even without Wickham and Soure. The game yesterday was competitive. In light of this, the fact we're struggling to score, not concede and pick up any points is very odd. I genuinely think we're close to being a good team and it may be as simple as playing players in their best positions and dropping Puncheon.

Last edited by Pete79; 12-02-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
I know we are playing poorly at the mo, but one game....ONE GAME can change the look of that league table.

We have an opportunity in a fortnight's time. It all just needs to click on the day and we are right back in the game.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post

Puncheon is surely no longer a starting player in our team.

Good post above Pete, but I've highlighted something that we all think, except top management. Just can't work out what Punch gives us
Old 12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Punch wasn't dropped last season until he got injured. Can't really understand it but just can't see it happening this season either.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Its still all to play for. My main worry is that BFS still seems to be experimenting. He needs to come to a decision regarding formation and line up.

5 at the back doesn't work. I don't think Van Arnhualt and Ward are up to it and don't trust our CB's enough to play three of them at the same time - and Delaney should no longer start for a Premeir league football team.

Zaha and Townsend swapping wings won't work either. Zaha on the left if we want an attacking threat.

Puncheon is surely no longer a starting player in our team. When we need to chase the game Remy must be preferable (or Townsend). Otherwise our midfield should consist of Milivojević, MaCarthur and Cabaye.

We need to play that team and win a game (preferably Middlesborough). It could change everything. Our first 11 (and our squad) is the strongest we've had in our four seasons in the Premier League, even without Wickham and Soure. The game yesterday was competitive. In light of this, the fact we're struggling to score, not concede and pick up any points is very odd. I genuinely think we're close to being a good team and it may be as simple as playing players in their best positions and dropping Puncheon.
Very good points and kind of agree with them all yes ward and Delaney should be dropped but not pva

Agree with zaha and Townsend but with schlupp also in the picture it would be nice to see either Townsend or zaha given a free role this would cause havoc for opposing teams but the tricky bit is how to introduce this if we want remy on the pitch

Puncheon 100 % love the lad but no
Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM

13 games to go

3 games Vs Boro Hull and Leicester all must wins 9 points

4 games Vs w brom watford saints & Burnley can only see a potential 4 points here

6 games Vs Chelsea arsenal liverpool Man city Man utd and spurs can see us getting 18 points here :-) ok calm down i was joking we are going to need a few upsets here and grab at least 6 points unless we get the upsets in the game above w brom watford saints & Burnley

This would in total give us 38 points but will that be enough ?

Sadly i think if we fail to beat boro it will be all over and mentally the team will be defeated

Last edited by palacelad197o; 12-02-2017 at 08:50 PM.