Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 05-02-2017, 07:43 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Woodstock - Any Palace there?

Given the sheer grimness of it all something brighter. I realise it's a bit random but said event was the week after our first ever game in the top tier, that draw with Man Utd. It struck me how off the planet it must have been to be a Palace fan and be there too. I realise it's not that likely BUT was anyone on here, erm, there? No thought not. Next!
Old 05-02-2017, 08:03 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No but I have visited the town (not that the festival was actually there) as it is only 2 hours from here. It's a pleasing enough place and there are some good shops where you can replenish your collection of rock T-shirts. Related trivia fact: The Big Pink*, which is in the neighboring town of Saugerties, is now a B & B. !!
*For those not in the know this was the house where Bob Dylan and The Band recorded the Basement Tapes. Then of course there was The Band's Music From Big Pink.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I love the film of it...even went to see it at the cinema when it was re realeased for the anniversary
Old 05-02-2017, 11:16 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Come to think of it I saw the film in 1970 or 1971 in Fort Neef. Is there still a cinema there?
Old 06-02-2017, 02:09 AM

By way of apology for not being at Woodstock, I was at Bath 1970. Drove down in my Mum's Hillman Imp and was two days late getting back. Was she impressed ? No.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-02-2017, 02:13 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Knew Hillman Imps were slow. But two days to get from Bath to Penge. If you had been in my Ford Anglia you'd still be travelling.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Knew Hillman Imps were slow. But two days to get from Bath to Penge. If you had been in my Ford Anglia you'd still be travelling.
Well, Santana came on half a day late,we waited in vain for the Byrds,spent hours trying to get into the "facilities" and finally it was before GPS so we got a bit confused between SouthCircular and South Coast. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to 'em. I hope you're not my Mum....
Ford Anglia - at least it had an engine at the front making it a design classic compared to the Imp.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:53 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Err no....

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 06-02-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:55 AM

...still dreadfully average

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 06-02-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I love the film of it...even went to see it at the cinema when it was re realeased for the anniversary

OK finally...Absolutely, love the movie documentary too. Have a copy of it and regularly dip in. That Long Time Gone song by Crosby, Stills, Nash (and god knows who else) played over the scenes of the organisers etc messing about in the field then the start of the stage build is just totally encapsulating. I'm completely drawn in to a bubble of warm gooey happiness it's perfect. At that time I was at primary school and you remember hot sunny days such as that (yes even in the UK). It's a big nostalgia rush especially in the knowledge that Palace had just reached the promised land exactly at tha.t time.

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 06-02-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:26 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to Woodstock 1994. Bob Dylan was still there