Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGIH View Post
Sort out the throw-ins. We lose possession nearly every time. Lack of movement, throwing down the line. Watch other teams they throw the back to players in space retaining possession. It dose not seem to matter who the manager is we do the same thing, what's the problem ?
This has been the case the last 30 odd years i've been watching palace.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGIH View Post
Like I said its a simple fix !
You are spot on, good thread. Something Hodgson and Lewington can improve quickly and easily.
The "discipline" where only full-backs can take throw-ins is really dumb, especially when ours are poor throwers !
A quick and unexpected throw-in from the nearest midfielder could give an advantage (Palace tactical innovation, whatever next ? ).
Of course, the Clattenburg school of refs would probably just demand it was retaken by a slowly arriving full-back though.

Last edited by Celestial Empire; 19-09-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:45 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Is this thread better than the other one?
Old 19-09-2017, 10:48 AM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is the kind of helpful input Steve P was asking for on the HOL pod. Someone should send him and Roy a copy of the thread!
Old 19-09-2017, 11:14 AM

YOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behindYOGIH will leave the TV and the radio behind
maybe the feedback should come from Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder
Old 19-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Always late for kick-off

3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Dude.. I've been a season ticket holder since 1991/92 and have always said this.. every season. We never keep posesssion from throw ins!!
Gloryhunter.
Old 19-09-2017, 11:53 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I think the reason they take foul throws is BECAUSE the referees don't penalise them!
They should incrementally take the piss until the get to the point they are running down the line bowling it single handed onto the pitch and see where they will draw the line.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Probationary User

tompalace is playing for a contract
Spot on. Don't know if anyone noticed how many times Forster kicked the ball out of play on Saturday. I'm certain this was because they had also picked up on this, and felt they were more likely to regain possession from our throw on then from kicking it to Shane Long.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:16 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
It doesn't seem to matter who our manager is - our throw ins remain hopeless. Lost count of the number of times we lost the ball from them today. We hardly ever manage a quick one unless it is all the way back to our own half from an attacking position. In contrast, every Newcastle throw seemed to miraculously find their own player. Surely it can't be that difficult to practice them.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here

Last edited by CT_Palace; 04-02-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been saying the same for 30 years! It's not about to change so don't lose any sleep about it
Old 04-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Always pissed me off that this isn't a basic.

When I used to coach one of the first things I made a point of is marking and pressuring on every throw and goal kick. Throw ins they end up just having to chuck it in the hope it will reach their player and goal kicks forces them long in what should be a 50/50.

We faff about with our throws so long it allows opponents to do this to us. Result is we lose the ball. When its theirs we NEVER do it and give them an easy out.

So so frustrating.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:34 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Todays one deep in their half on the counter attack which which managed to delay and turn into a ball back to our centrebacks with 11 Newcastle players goalside was particularly special!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Feet and back nice and quick. Pro players should have no problems with that. At one point the barcodes were able to throw the ball to diame, unmarked, in almost the middle of the pitch yet we faff about for what seems like forever and allow any opportunity to take advantage disappear.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:37 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Movement from throw ins

Non existent.

Has it always been this bad? I can only speak for 97 onwards.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:14 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes, for at least the last 30 years.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:18 PM

changepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We always seem to stand there for an age before taking a throw in too - by which time each man has picked up a marker. Other teams often take them quickly and retain possession.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
I can remember the crowd screaming at Roy Barry in the early to mid-1970s over his reluctance to throw in the ball, presumably because no bugger was available to receive it. We seem just as clueless now. Wouldn't have thought it was that hard, most teams seem to manage!
Old 04-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Nearly always back, hardly any forward momentum.

They do know you can't be offside from a throw in ?
Old 04-02-2018, 10:26 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We could do with a long throw player Leicester use it well with CB and Sorloth it would be a good weapon.