Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Kennedy Space Centre launch visit

Has anyone here ever done this? I'm heading to Orlando next month and have just seen that there will be a rocket launch whilst we're there.

We're both keen to go but have been told that the traffic is crazy for these things.

Is it worth the bother?
Old 14-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Poker King

Jukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJukesy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Once in a lifetime experience - got to do it!

Last time I was there our 747 broke down on the runway and we sat there for two hours, tedious until the captain told us to look out the window at a rocket taking off - spectacular!
Old 14-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Riding the waves of life

stwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestwilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's an amazing day. We went on a rocket launch day but it ended up being moved due to weather conditions (it was slightly too windy).

If you get the chance and it's available, do the extended tour of the launch pads along with lunch with an astronaut (speaker session). My daughters aged 8 and 13 at the time weren't into the idea of the day until they got there, and now consider it a highlight of our trip.

You can also book rocket launch seats for about $20 in advance I think.
Old 14-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Halfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHalfwayline : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wow that is so lucky. I did look at the prices and for a little more then the one day price you can get an unlimited pass valid for a year. I went 20 years ago but 1 day was not enough. I would budget for 3 days to see it all.

Please can you post a review after you have been. Thank you.
Old 14-02-2017, 11:26 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes - but be prepared for the launch to not happen - they usually get delayed

Its well worth a visit tho - since the shuttles stopped you now get to see the whole base and the reveal of the Atlantis is top quality
Old 15-02-2017, 01:40 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
I haven't been there for a launch but have visited the space centre I would say it was my highlight of the whole trip
Old 15-02-2017, 01:51 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's fantastic. Not sure what time your launch is but we did the Space Centre first then went to the beach mid afternoon and watched the launch from there. Would love to do it again.
Old 15-02-2017, 01:53 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it is cancelled for weather reasons they will often try to do it the next day so you need to keep an eye on the website or local news stations.
Old 15-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Go, its not a bloody firework stuck in a bottle.
Old 15-02-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Watched one take off from the aircraft at night. Flight home from Jamaica.well cool.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Watched one take off from the aircraft at night. Flight home from Jamaica.well cool.
That was just your last doobie kicking in
Old 15-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwilley View Post
It's an amazing day. We went on a rocket launch day but it ended up being moved due to weather conditions (it was slightly too windy).

If you get the chance and it's available, do the extended tour of the launch pads along with lunch with an astronaut (speaker session). My daughters aged 8 and 13 at the time weren't into the idea of the day until they got there, and now consider it a highlight of our trip.

You can also book rocket launch seats for about $20 in advance I think.

Bloody hell. Say what you like about Richard Branson but he's certainly knocked the price of space travel down.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
They shoved us out to sea, baztards. Clear skies, great view, but the aircraft banked to port when everyone went for the windows.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Little Mikey stuck a line of coke up my bugle so strong. They sent a boat out to turn me back to Negril beach. I was over a mile out and going for it. oh when I was not fat and old.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
Little Mikey stuck a line of coke up my bugle so strong. They sent a boat out to turn me back to Negril beach. I was over a mile out and going for it. oh when I was not fat and old.
You,re not old
Old 15-02-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
You,re not old
60 next year. Unless I do a Chapman.
Old 16-02-2017, 03:44 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
When the Shuttle used to launch the roads for miles around were jammed solid and people could watch from the side of the road without getting on base.

I suspect for a regular launch you would not get anything like this.

I heard that you can get a good view from some of the beach front bars along Cocoa Beach.
Old 16-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
60 next year. Unless I do a Chapman.
Dont be silly
Old 17-02-2017, 04:07 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went in 1992 to Florida. You'd be surprised how many rockets are sent up each year. We were about 10 miles away from the launch site in a beachside 'condo' at Cocoa beach (thanks Hedgehog for reminding me)

Wandered down to the beach at around 4am, to find one or two other people there.
Still quite dark, so view was excellent, even at such a distance, and the Delta rocket launched about 15 minutes later.

So you don't have to be too close to get a good view. Bear in mind launches are often delayed due to weather or technical stuff, so don't leave it until the last day of your trip

Well worth seeing, but the Kennedy Space Centre was fabulous.

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 17-02-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 20-02-2017, 02:38 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't worry about the traffic, the only time it got bad was for Shuttle launches, which are no more. Even then it still moved.

If you head down the 528 Beeline expressway out of Orlando be aware its a toll road, but only a couple of bucks and much quicker.

If you decide to skip the Space Center (I wouldn't personally) or it's a later launch, head to Jetty Park Pier near Port Canaveral to get a decent view of the launch.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'