Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-02-2017, 03:40 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Is this how he plans to rebuild his fortune? Become the next Katie Hopkins?
Old 14-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I know he's an egotistical nutjob that suffers from truth deficiencies at times, but I've always liked Jordan.
Old 14-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We gave up a lot for almost nothing under his tenure; Moses, Fonte, probably Bostock and more. He even wanted to sell Nathaniel Clyne to Wolves in Feb 2010.
Old 14-02-2017, 03:53 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Reading his tweets, it is hard to work out how we didn't succeed during his tenure.
Old 14-02-2017, 03:54 PM

EmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEmmerGreenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bostock wanted to go. The others we sold cheap due to us being in administration
Old 14-02-2017, 03:54 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I know he's an egotistical nutjob that suffers from truth deficiencies at times, but I've always liked Jordan.
I had a conversation with him once when absolutely trolleyed after a day at the oaks. He was on the train back into london. I flip flopped from praising him and slating him. I couldn't decide what my overriding emotion about him was until eventually my criticism caused him to lose it and he told me to F'ck off. So i started to sing about him being a w@nker (this is the sort of reason why i don't drink anymore ).

In truth he's not boring but he's not likable. He simply doesn't have enough self awareness of his own unpleasant arrogance and he lies all the time. I suspect he lies to himself as well so in that sense i don't think it's something he does with any malice.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:05 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Simon Jordan stays Classy

Can someone remind me, why was he saying he bought the freehold or Selhurst Park when he hadn't?

Is SJ still a Palace fan?
Does he still go to games?
Has anyone seen him at a game since his departure?
Old 14-02-2017, 04:11 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I had a conversation with him once when absolutely trolleyed after a day at the oaks. He was on the train back into london. I flip flopped from praising him and slating him. I couldn't decide what my overriding emotion about him was until eventually my criticism caused him to lose it and he told me to F'ck off. So i started to sing about him being a w@nker (this is the sort of reason why i don't drink anymore ).

In truth he's not boring but he's not likable. He simply doesn't have enough self awareness of his own unpleasant arrogance and he lies all the time. I suspect he lies to himself as well so in that sense i don't think it's something he does with any malice.
When McAnuff scored the late winner at the athletics track vs Bwighton, I bailed Jordan out of a bit of grief from the Tarquins outside afterwards. He was resplendent in a plum coloured suit, I had a plaster cast on my hand from a football injury. We made a great pair, and I thought we would be friends for life.

I was rewarded for my efforts by his brother Dominic banning me from Selhurst a few weeks later for an incident with a steward.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One Charmain told us he owned the ground when he didn't and the other chairman said there would be major changes to Selhurst Park
Old 14-02-2017, 04:24 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
One Charmain told us he owned the ground when he didn't and the other chairman said there would be major changes to Selhurst Park
Every Owner over the last 50 years or so to present, has an accusation of screwing us over in their own unique way. It's probably the only thing that has been consistent at Palace.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:27 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Can someone remind me, why was he saying he bought the freehold or Selhurst Park when he hadn't?

Because there was a lot of discontent and worries about the future and Ron was hawking the freehold of the ground round for sale and the Lease that palace had was getting low and we could have been thrown out or been landed with a massive rent rise. He had a press conference to show he had put one over on Ron (he hadn't Uncle Ron as usual ended up laughing all the way to the Bank)

Was he ever a Palace fan - not sure about that although his Dad and possible his brother were - I suspect he was not that interested in football other than the platform it provided for instant fame and recognition and media opportunities. He may have been while he owned us but not real sign he is now.

No sign that he goes to games - I can't actually blame him for that. He may have attended an away game as a guest - he may have been to other games at other clubs periodically. Not sure he is actually a spectator sort of person.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 14-02-2017, 04:30 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Palace just 'existed' under SJ.

I am forever greatful for him stepping in back in 2000 when we were in dire straights - I think far more seriously than 2010 when you look at how decimated the whole squad and infrastructure had become following admin 1.

But he was also full of shite during a lot of periods (i refer you to YouTube link on page one re ground purchase, which ultimately finished his reign off) and ten years was a long time to leave a better legacy than admin 2 and recriminations everywhere else..
Old 14-02-2017, 04:33 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
No sign that he goes to games - I can't actually blame him for that. He may have attended an away game as a guest - he may have been to other games at other clubs periodically. Not sure he is actually a spectator sort of person.
I don't think I would attend either, if I had lost fortunes. Especially when the people who went on to take over the club, were people who he knew, indeed some of their companies sponsored Palace, and subsequently ended up getting the club for next to nothing and selling for eye watering sums.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
He's a sort of Darth Vader figure in the history of the club. Promised to bring balance to the force (Reunite the club and ground) and in theory his colossus cock up meant the club and ground were both available on the cheap for CPFC2010 to finally do that.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:45 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because there was a lot of discontent and worries about the future and Ron was hawking the freehold of the ground round for sale and the Lease that palace had was getting low and we could have been thrown out or been landed with a massive rent rise. He had a press conference to show he had put one over on Ron (he hadn't Uncle Ron as usual ended up laughing all the way to the Bank)

Was he ever a Palace fan - not sure about that although his Dad and possible his brother were - I suspect he was not that interested in football other than the platform it provided for instant fame and recognition and media opportunities. He may have been while he owned us but not real sign he is now.

Thank you It is rather odd though as he was only ever going to end up with egg on his face.
Old 14-02-2017, 04:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought the one about rather shutting his cock in a car door than spend any time with SP was particularly good but they are all SJ gold.
I'd be all for slamming his cock in a car door. Cathartic.....
Old 14-02-2017, 05:06 PM
we are one

Crystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Glitter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Comedy gold from Mr Jordan. Now he has discovered twitter and is back on the case, he will be media whoring big time. Until he gets ripped to pieces by the online 'snowflakes'.
Old 14-02-2017, 05:11 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had to unfollow him on twitter as I couldn't keep up with all the tweets, as if he didn't have anything else to do?
Old 14-02-2017, 05:13 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Replace the subject of these questions with "Parish pre-2010" and you'll probably get a similar answer
Old 14-02-2017, 05:18 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
For sure, he defo has some kind of agenda here. Self promotion / raise his profile / prove he's still alive !!

I still have the weird feeling we haven't seen the back of him at Palace in some capacity..
Mmmm. could be right there ^^^