Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-02-2017, 10:34 AM

Psych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePsych : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
In a way, he's good value on the twitter though.

That's true. Certainly kept us all entertained on this thread!
Old 15-02-2017, 10:36 AM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
It shows people are ungrateful and think they own the club somehow by going to games and buying the odd shirt.

Jordan lost the majority of his personal fortune by trying to make Palace great. Yes he was arrogant and outspoken, but he was a football vigilante who told agents who weren't working for him to FO and criticised every one included the FA and Premier League, in a time where everyone else toes the line. He had balls and it nearly worked. Unfortunately his selection of managers was either weak; Smith, Francis and Taylor, or were unlucky with Bruce and Dowie. Him serving the writ at Dowie's conference has to be one of the best moments of Palace outside the football pitch. He was let down by the Team and Dowie in 2005/06 when we slumped to 6th and got beated by Watford, we should have won the league with AJ in Divison One that year.

He was a nob but he was our nob, and Ill always value his time at the club.

Last edited by MFBias; 15-02-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 15-02-2017, 10:36 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I don't really use twitter, is he on any other social media source?
Old 15-02-2017, 10:46 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don't really use twitter, is he on any other social media source?
You could add him on Facebook?
Old 15-02-2017, 10:48 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
You could add him on Facebook?

Can't see him on there
Old 15-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
Only Joined Twitter in September, and can only describe the tweets since have been prolific. Quite a few tweets seem to have brought him more and more attention in the press, seems to be on talk sport every week with a phone call now.

Wonder what he's got coming up/or trying to achieve.
He's a slightly less unhinged version of Tara Stout.
Old 15-02-2017, 10:54 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
Reading his tweets, it is hard to work out how we didn't succeed during his tenure.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
For some balance on this thread, I dislike him intensely.

Though best of British to him for using alternate facts well before Trump came to rely on them.
Same here. Well, I really liked him in the aftermath of the Bostock saga and having him call out various people in football who we'd all like to call out. However, as we lurched ever more towards financial oblivion I couldn't help but feel that his arrogance and obstinance had been a driving factor towards the clubs mismanagement and reports were abound (both before and after CPFC2010 took ownership) that Parish had approached him several times about an investment or purchase of the club and that he (SJ) refused it or made utterly ludicrous demands that prevented that investment from being forthcoming.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:21 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His only highlights were the five year season tickets, his Independent column, and of course his hair.

I stopped following him on Twitter - he's a misogynistic ar$e.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:43 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It shows people are ungrateful and think they own the club somehow by going to games and buying the odd shirt.

Jordan lost the majority of his personal fortune by trying to make Palace great. Yes he was arrogant and outspoken, but he was a football vigilante who told agents who weren't working for him to FO and criticised every one included the FA and Premier League, in a time where everyone else toes the line. He had balls and it nearly worked. Unfortunately his selection of managers was either weak; Smith, Francis and Taylor, or were unlucky with Bruce and Dowie. Him serving the writ at Dowie's conference has to be one of the best moments of Palace outside the football pitch. He was let down by the Team and Dowie in 2005/06 when we slumped to 6th and got beated by Watford, we should have won the league with AJ in Divison One that year.

I think the part that this ignores is the fact that despite the sentiment being broadly true about him losing his fortune trying to make palace great. It was his decisions to constantly rob peter to pay paul and to run the club in such a haphazard way, right on the edge that ultimately scuppered him. He did the same it seems with his previous business (using credit cards to borrow money and other highly risky strategies such as fitting shops that he didn't even have the lease agreed on). However he was fortunate to be riding a wave in an industry that was exploding to such an extent that he never had to learn any lessons from his reckless approach. Well, when he got into football he was forced to learn them. Yet despite that.. he still chooses to trot out the line that he was screwed over.

He shows no sign of having been humbled by the experience. Instead he still sounds like a gob sh'te with very little humility or self awareness. It's been his downfall of course. He has balls and he has drive but he's not especially impressive in terms of ability or acumen as far as i can tell. Mind you that's never stopped Alan Sugar. I guess the big difference between the two is Sugar invested most of his dosh into property. So now he gets to go on telly and we all have to pretend he is a genius.

Last edited by scro; 15-02-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:45 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaby View Post

I stopped following him on Twitter - he's a misogynistic ar$e.
For that Valentine's meme? Ha ha.
Old 15-02-2017, 12:25 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
....... I guess the big difference between the two is Sugar invested most of his dosh into property. So now he gets to go on telly and we all have to pretend he is a genius.
I guess you missed the press conference about him buying a stadium somewhere.....
Old 15-02-2017, 01:01 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
For that Valentine's meme? Ha ha.
And the rest. He's like an un-funny 14 year old trying really hard to be funny.
Old 15-02-2017, 01:09 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
His autobiography was an entertaining read; but left you feeling totally relieved that the chaotic businessman behind it, no longer made decisions that affected our club.
Old 15-02-2017, 01:38 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Same here. Well, I really liked him in the aftermath of the Bostock saga and having him call out various people in football who we'd all like to call out. However, as we lurched ever more towards financial oblivion I couldn't help but feel that his arrogance and obstinance had been a driving factor towards the clubs mismanagement and reports were abound (both before and after CPFC2010 took ownership) that Parish had approached him several times about an investment or purchase of the club and that he (SJ) refused it or made utterly ludicrous demands that prevented that investment from being forthcoming.

Thoughts entirely.

Jordan was, and remains a clown. Good for a twitter laugh. But thank God he's nowhere near our club
Old 15-02-2017, 01:55 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
I met him a few years ago in Puerto Banus when Kember was in charge. The next day he was going back as we were playing West Ham away. He asked me how i thought we would get on and i said we will loose 3-0, he said we will win 2-1 so he said have £500 on it , i said no but would have £50 he said ok his £500 to my £50. We shook hands and i said i would see him in a couple of days.Anyway sure enough we lost 3-0 and he was in the port the next night ,i asked him what happened and he said he left after 70mins as he was embarrassed, then i asked him for my £500 and he made out he forgot about the bet but said he would give me the money the next night. When i saw him the next night he again said he had no recollection of the bet and even though he had a Del Boy size wad in his pocket he told me to come to his office at Selhurst to collect my money. I saw him at the next home game v Derby on the Tuesday he waved at me in recognition and disappeared from view i never saw him come out to his seat again. Needless to say i never got my money from the knocking sod !!!
He's a class act. Very good friend of mine had a little business that did a load of work for SJ's company, before he bought Palace. He never got paid which is really shitty, they were a 2 man little business and SJ basically ripped them off at a time when he was rolling in it.
Old 15-02-2017, 01:59 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Have to say though, I kind of enjoyed supporting Palace when he was around, he was pretty entertaining and I liked that he hated agents and didn't let Dowie shaft him.
Old 15-02-2017, 02:04 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Have to say though, I kind of enjoyed supporting Palace when he was around, he was pretty entertaining and I liked that he hated agents and didn't let Dowie shaft him.
I liked having someone who put two fingers up at the football authorities and leeches involved with football, that felt like an 'identity'.
Old 15-02-2017, 02:13 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
True South London wideboy, the classic mould for a Palace chairman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 15-02-2017, 02:21 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

Trouble is that it's all very well taking an admirable stance on agents but Carrick and Cahill would have kept us up.

Plus alienating the club amongst some of the old school boardrooms meant we never seemed to get any decent loans.