Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:32 PM

bestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebestperch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestperch View Post
Even with 'London ' United playing just up the road there has to be room for clubs like Orient in modern football. Been all down hill on and off the pitch since Hearn but hope they survive.
Since Hearn left .
Old 01-03-2017, 05:27 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Hope they get to sort this mess out. Was also there for that game in 79 and had soft spot for them since
That could be my post. Ditto.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:32 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Maybe we should loan out a couple of fringe / youth players to them to help keep them up..?!

Would stand any young players in good stead for any future relegation battles too..
Old 01-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Used to occasionally go there in my late teens on a Saturday if Palace were playing a long way away, loved the ramshackle state of the place, it was like a 4th division version of Palace. Decent club
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 01-03-2017, 06:18 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Good luck O's , would like to see the fans sue the FL for allowing the Italians to pass their so called fit and proper person test( or something like that) without real investigation.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:16 PM

desperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A worrying few weeks ahead for Orient's loyal supporters who certainly deserve much better

Always enjoyed games over there and found their fans friendly although some are more difficult to understand than Geordies.

Our best ever goalie Jacko played over two hundred games for them in the seventies all in the second division. The seventies were probably Orient's best ever time as a club aided by a lot of ex-Palace players. Former Palace player and coach George Petchey became their manager and took Phil Hoadley and Gerry Queen as well as Jacko.

Now they have a foreign owner, who presumably passed the Football League's stringent fit and proper person test, who at best is taking them out of the Football League after over a hundred years as a league club or at worst taking them out of business
It is five!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Just reading the Telegraph report it struck me that Hearn sounds like Orient's very own Ron Noades. He sold the club go a rich bloke who's messed it all up, but they're lucky that he had the foresight to retain ownership of the ground! A real selfless act.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:56 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-03-2017, 09:53 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
It hard to believe less than three years ago they were a penalty shoot out away from The Championship. It was unlikely they would make the play offs the following season but to see they now struggling to stay in League 2 is disappointing. I remember in 2011 Bromley played away at Orient in the FA Cup. Next season this could be a league game.

These issues are not exclusive to Orient. Many teams including Coventry, Blackpool, Blackburn, Charlton and Morecambe are currently facing issues with the owners. It is time the Football League and FA start taking action against these owners by properly enforcing the fit and proper persons test. They should also check these owners every season so they can't cause damage to these clubs.

I hope they do pull through and are back in League One in the near future.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:57 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
What odds Hearn buys them back at a profit (through a CVA) and makes himself a tidy sum out of it?
Old 02-03-2017, 03:01 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
sad news, hope they pull thru. they have been on a downward spiral the last few years
Old 02-03-2017, 06:27 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but anyone else go to the League Cup replay match there in 1990?

It was quite a turn out if I remember and we were awful. Scraped home 1-0 with a Bright winner in extra time I think? It was the year we finished third and we had our best team out, but treated it like a training match. The round before we'd slaughtered Southend 8-0 at Selhurst with Bright and Wright both getting hat-tricks. It was only right and Palace that we then found it almost impossible to score against Orient in over 180 mins of football.

Remember Orient fans singing, 'You're just Division 1 rubbish.'

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel

Last edited by bubbs11; 02-03-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
what a state of affairs, they cant be allowed to fold, great old club.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:55 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but anyone else go to the League Cup replay match there in 1990?

It was quite a turn out if I remember and we were awful. Scraped home 1-0 with a Bright winner in extra time I think? It was the year we finished third and we had our best team out, but treated it like a training match. The round before we'd slaughtered Southend 8-0 at Selhurst with Bright and Wright both getting hat-tricks. It was only right and Palace that we then found it almost impossible to score against Orient in over 180 mins of football.

Yes - I went to that. Both games in fact. Enjoyed the trip to their place as I remember.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I also have a soft spot for the 'Os'. I too was there in 79. What a great day that was. At the time Orient were a well established second flight team. Loved my trips to their ground.

I believe Henry Hughton also ended up there.

I wish them well in their current plight and hope that they are rescued by a rich Orient supporter.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Without looking in my books/records, I think the last time the first team played there would be early 2000's, also in the League Cup, sort of early Tony Popovic era. Seem to remember it went to extra time but we won something like 4-2 (???), bit of a goal fest. We were behind the goal on what was an old open terrace, but I think they had crudely bolted seats onto it???

Memory is definitely going LOL!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Without looking in my books/records, I think the last time the first team played there would be early 2000's, also in the League Cup, sort of early Tony Popovic era. Seem to remember it went to extra time but we won something like 4-2 (???), bit of a goal fest. We were behind the goal on what was an old open terrace, but I think they had crudely bolted seats onto it???

We've only played them three times in the league at their place in 40 years. I went to the 0-0 draw in the late 70s and would love to go back. Good luck to them.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For some reason only known to my younger self...I went to all 4 of these goal feasts.

21/02/1982 League Leyton Orient 0-0 Crystal Palace
Drawn
16/02/1982 FA Cup Leyton Orient 0-1 Crystal Palace
Won
13/02/1982 FA Cup Crystal Palace 0-0 Leyton Orient
Drawn
22/09/1981 League Crystal Palace 1-0 Leyton Orient

I have always had a soft spot for the old Clapton orient, hope they sort it out.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post

That's the one. Kolinko was in goal and was boo'd when he came out at the start of the match.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:00 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but anyone else go to the League Cup replay match there in 1990? .......

Yes, we were terrible - did get to meet Lennox Lewis tho - at that time quite new on the scene