Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:20 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
For some reason only known to my younger self...I went to all 4 of these goal feasts.

21/02/1982LeagueLeyton Orient0-0Crystal Palace

Drawn

16/02/1982FA CupLeyton Orient0-1Crystal Palace

Won

13/02/1982FA CupCrystal Palace0-0Leyton Orient

Drawn

22/09/1981LeagueCrystal Palace1-0Leyton Orient

I have always had a soft spot for the old Clapton orient, hope they sort it out.

Went through all those games plus 1979 match which was the first time I saw us win away - sad times
Old 02-03-2017, 11:48 AM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
so a whole club with all that history faces going to the wall for a similar amount of money to what we've spunked on Jordan Mutch.....

Old 02-03-2017, 11:57 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Ron View Post
so a whole club with all that history faces going to the wall for a similar amount of money to what we've spunked on Jordan Mutch.....

Sick isn't it? I think they should bring in a rule that clubs aren't allowed to run at a loss for consecutive seasons, and not allowed to run at a loss on average for the past 5 years (or something like that).

If it means clubs need to scale down operations, play youth team players and sell their better players, then so be it.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

And for the price of the 3 pints you had in the pub last night, someone's life in Africa can be transformed with access to clean drinking water.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Doesn't make it right, but it's all relative.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:39 PM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree - when watching things like Comic Relief and they say words to the effect of "nets could stop malaria, one net costs 3 and we need 10 million of them..." I think "so one Benteke could wipe out malaria".
My point, while hardly earth shattering news, is that the money in top level football in this country is out of control.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONDONMAN View Post
...I hope they pull through - I'm sure their fans will make sure they are kept alive somehow, but as non-League followers will know, that area of London has already lost many famous old clubs such as Walthamstow Avenue, Leytonstone and Ilford and even clubs such as Enfield have had to reform and vacate their original ground...
I know what you mean, but I'm not sure about 'lost'. Had the three not merged to form Redbridge Forest then I am sure we would have seen at least two of them go to the wall.

As an aside, as a youngster I played my first significant cup final at Ilford's Lynn Road ground.

Like many, I have a fondness for 'The Os' too. In fact, in my list of away grounds chalked off, I suspect I've been to Brisbane Road more often than any other. My father was a bit of a football nut too and although he always worked on a Saturday he was able to arrange things so as he could sneak away at midday.

If we were at home then he would pick me up and we would head to Selhurst, but if we were away then it would be either Brisbane Road or Upton Park.

The Os have an excellent supporters group in the Leyton Orienteers who used to drink in the Birkbeck Tavern (brilliant pub). They organised a very successful annual 6-aside charity football tournament called the CHAOS Cup that I played in four or five times. In fact, I tried to raise a BBS team to compete one year.

I really do hope they manage to sort things out.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
From what I gather, this is looking increasingly like Administration at the very least for Orient, which will carry a 12 point deduction and virtually certain relegation to non-league football next season.

Very sad state of affairs, heard that the ground at Brisbane Road is actually owned by Barry Hearn's pension fund! Shades of Uncle Ron, with looking like a hero for retaining the ground, but in reality it could be sold off to aid with Mr Snooker's retirement.

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 22-03-2017, 12:06 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Really sad - I've always had a soft spot for the O's. Remember going to Brisbane Rd to watch us on many occasions, including the 1979 game, when about 3/4 of the packed 20000 crowd, seemed to be Palace !
Looks like they could be going out of the Football League, as well (6 pts adrift). Almost unthinkable, but it is so hard to back to the League from the Conference.
Hope they can sort themselves out.
Think I remember a game on the Big Match between us that seemed more like a Palace reunion than a Derby. So sad since Hearn always said he wouldnt put them in debt. Sincerely hope they sort themselves out. What are there Supporters group like.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Terrible state of affairs - run into the ground by Becchetti, 10 managers in two-and-a-half years, and nailed-on to drop into non-league for the first time in their history.

LOFT are attempting to raise 250k as a "regeneration fund" - you can contribute (via various means) here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fourth manager sacked this season
Old 24-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Old 25-04-2017, 03:44 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Sick isn't it? I think they should bring in a rule that clubs aren't allowed to run at a loss for consecutive seasons, and not allowed to run at a loss on average for the past 5 years (or something like that).

If it means clubs need to scale down operations, play youth team players and sell their better players, then so be it.
Agree but imo orient should sue those useless ***** the FL , fit n proper person
Old 25-04-2017, 06:02 AM

Chris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
It hard to believe less than three years ago they were a penalty shoot out away from The Championship.
I was at that play-off final in May 2014 and sitting with the Os fans. They were 2-0 up at half-time and seemed destined for The Championship before a Revell screamer from 30 yards levelled things in the second half. Even in the penalty shoot-out the Os were 3-2 up after three spot kicks each before they missed their last two to send Rotherham up. More than 43,000 at that game - the majority supporting the Os.

And of course I was at the 1979 fixture travelling down from Nottingam University with a Bolton supporting mate to watch our 1-0 victory.

Very sad to see them dropping out of the league.
Old 28-04-2017, 02:10 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Heartbreaking.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:13 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Good article and a sad tale, although it is somewhat amusing to note that even an Orient fan adopted the Seaweed as his second team!
Old 28-04-2017, 07:10 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
There should be a 10% transfer levy on all Premier league transfers and that money could then be used as a salvation fund for lower league clubs to call upon in times of need.

These clubs are very much part of their local community and it not just the fans that suffer if they hit financial difficulties and hard times.

Good luck to Leyton Orient in their fight for their very existence as Palace fans have been down that road in the past and so know what they are going through.
Old 28-04-2017, 07:30 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I agree - when watching things like Comic Relief and they say words to the effect of "nets could stop malaria, one net costs 3 and we need 10 million of them..." I think "so one Benteke could wipe out malaria".
My point, while hardly earth shattering news, is that the money in top level football in this country is out of control.
Money's just a medium of exchange. If you had enough of it to buy all those nets, supply of nets relative to demand would drop, the price would rocket; and it'd quickly be thought of as a trans-global attempt at acquiring a monopoly on nets and the prices would go through the roof. People would begin speculating on nets and it would turn into a massive worldwide bubble, quickly outstripping your intended 10 million. Then it'll burst, leaving everyone involved destitute and feeling silly.
Old 29-04-2017, 01:23 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Feck me. What a lifetime of letdown and heartbreak. That's lightyears of genuine support beyond Chelsea, Arsenal and Manure plastics. Real genetic memory there.
Old 29-04-2017, 01:30 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Through out the late 70's and early 80's Orient were a rest home for the old Palace players to go and retire from.

They have always had a lot of the North East London Palace comparison about them in stature to their local brothers.

I personally have some connections that makes me extra sad... I hope they make it in some form.
Old 29-04-2017, 02:42 AM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
can someone remind me of the rules on phoenix clubs? at what level of the english football pyramid do they need to start at?