Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is the season over yet? Please
Old 12-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He must interview really well.....

Although i guess he has experience in starting up an MLS franchise with orlando?
Old 12-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
He must interview really well.....

Although i guess he has experience in starting up an MLS franchise with orlando?
I think that is the only reason to be honest
Old 12-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Vikings Fan

5-1 loss in week 1
6-1 loss in week 2
Old 13-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
I actually had some snow at my place yesterday, but nothing like this.

Old 13-03-2017, 02:36 AM
Simply Barbaric

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jesus...looks cold!

Glad I fled to the south!
Old 13-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Vikings Fan

It actually wasn't that cold. 28 degrees. We ended up getting around 6 inches....

That's what she said anyway
Old 13-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I liked Minnesota. The Indian Restaurants were truly appalling though. Although that's my fault really... when in Rome and all that.

It was stupid humid and my plans to hire a bike and cycle down from the mini-haha falls to the Mississippi and back were soon scuppered by a) floods and b) all my energy being sapped by some mysterious force to the point that I had to take refuge in Dairy Queen to cool down.
Old 14-03-2017, 12:07 AM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
It sounds like their recruitment of players reflects Minnesota's historic ties to Scandinavia. Is that deliberate or coincidence? (And do people there really say "Ya" like they did in Fargo)

Indirectly, but not because of heritage. There are lot of transfers between MLS and Portugal, Scotland and Norway. Similar styles of play. More wide open game that tends to be very very physical and high tempo.

This is also why english players tend to struggle here (example Steve Gerrard). They aren't used to a game that isn't as technical nor played at these fitness levels.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:52 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaserob View Post
It actually wasn't that cold. 28 degrees. We ended up getting around 6 inches....

That's what she said anyway
That's why we need a dome here in Atlanta. 28 degrees and snow is fine but 32 degrees and rain sucks.
Old 14-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybacaro View Post
Indirectly, but not because of heritage. There are lot of transfers between MLS and Portugal, Scotland and Norway. Similar styles of play. More wide open game that tends to be very very physical and high tempo.

This is also why english players tend to struggle here (example Steve Gerrard). They aren't used to a game that isn't as technical nor played at these fitness levels.
I just think its because the MLS is generally pretty shit in terms of technical play, but I haven't seen enough to judge the fitness - although it is not surprising that washed up Premier stars who just want the wage struggle against young players who are fit and passionate.
Old 15-03-2017, 11:42 PM

johnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnybacaro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I just think its because the MLS is generally pretty shit in terms of technical play, but I haven't seen enough to judge the fitness - although it is not surprising that washed up Premier stars who just want the wage struggle against young players who are fit and passionate.
Fitness in US, Mexico, Brasil, Argentina is at a very very high level driven by the climate and altitude they play at. (remember what happened to England and most europe squads at brasil 2014).

The rest of the calibre of play isn't close, with the exception of mexico which i truly believe is one of the top 5 leagues in the world.
Old 16-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
The Away shirt isn't too bad either.

Those two first results are really bad though.
Old 17-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Montreal have Ciman, Piatti, and Mancosu. Technical play is a problem for some clubs more than others... Seen some good MLS football watching Le Impact get to the semis last season. I agree with Johnny, it's often high tempo and 'naive' football at times, but I like that about it.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365

Last edited by Robson; 17-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:12 AM
Vikings Fan

Real Salt Lake at home, just kicked off. Surely we must be looking for our first win in this game?
Old 02-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Vikings Fan

1-0 down
Old 02-04-2017, 12:19 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Sam will have us safe in a couple of games, maybe he could pop over to help.

Not good stuff mate.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Vikings Fan

Kevin Molino with the equalizer
Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Vikings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Sam will have us safe in a couple of games, maybe he could pop over to help.

Not good stuff mate.
Going to be a long season. lol
Old 02-04-2017, 01:20 AM
Vikings Fan

2-1 up with 35 mins to go!!!!