Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 19-04-2017, 07:48 PM

ChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With the amount of tour games injuries may require late call ups, like Wade last time.

Very disappointed for Launchbury. With Nowell and Daly going, Wade should get a run against Argentina, hopefully he can use the opportunity to make a persuasive case. Wasps could have a significant number in the squad for Argentina, Launchbury, Wade, Robson, Thompson, Jones, Taylor, Hughes and old stagers like Haskell and Mullan, perhaps Simpson
Old 19-04-2017, 10:34 PM
criostal lùchairt

Scotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScotland's No9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My support / understanding of the game is limited to a bit of playing at school and watching the 6N, Workd Cup and Lions. Can someone help me why Laidlaw wasn't even discussed as a potential Lion. What does he lack?
Old 19-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
He's a good player, but main flaws for me are slow distribution (for a scrum half) and he isn't what you would call a sniping runner. Ultimately though there are probably four who would be picked ahead of him, and the four nations are not blessed with a great scrum half at the moment either (all of those four have faults). Murray is the likely starter, and then you have Webb and Youngs who are very different but both quite a way ahead of Laidlaw for me.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I must admit I think it's crazy how many Welsh have been picked compared to the Scots. If we lose the series then everything will point back here.

Gatland already persona non grata in Ireland (despite ultimately being proved correct) and now he's never crossing Hadrian's wall again.

Let's see how it all pans out I guess. I suspect with the toughness of the fixtures off the back of a long season we'll probably be 5 players down from our preferred XV by the time we get to the second test. Even with a squad of 41 I'd be surprised if more don't get called in.

What's Shane up to?
Old 20-04-2017, 09:01 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
With the amount of tour games injuries may require late call ups, like Wade last time.

Very disappointed for Launchbury. With Nowell and Daly going, Wade should get a run against Argentina, hopefully he can use the opportunity to make a persuasive case. Wasps could have a significant number in the squad for Argentina, Launchbury, Wade, Robson, Thompson, Jones, Taylor, Hughes and old stagers like Haskell and Mullan, perhaps Simpson
No Wade To view the link you have to Register or Login

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 20-04-2017, 09:54 AM

ChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Extraordinary!
Old 20-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
He's a good player, but main flaws for me are slow distribution (for a scrum half) and he isn't what you would call a sniping runner. Ultimately though there are probably four who would be picked ahead of him, and the four nations are not blessed with a great scrum half at the moment either (all of those four have faults). Murray is the likely starter, and then you have Webb and Youngs who are very different but both quite a way ahead of Laidlaw for me.
Wasn't Laidlaw injured as well which pretty much cost him his chance?

Excellent kicker and tactical brain.
Old 20-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Be interesting to see how Sam Underhill gets on, big prospect apparently.

Mallinder and Marchant two stars from the U20s and the controversial Denny Solomona too.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:10 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Extraordinary!
Simpson never gets a sniff either. Their faces clearly don't fit.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I dont think this is a normal touring side though - rumours are that argentina will be pretty understrength and that there is an agreement between the two sets of coaching teams to keep things 'even'.

It looks like to me that Jones is wanting to have a look a lot of new players (most of them young) whilst keeping the core of the current team (Hartley, Robshaw, Care, Brown, Ford, Haskell etc) to nurture them and also show them what is expected of international starters. There is no way for instance that Jack Maunder is ahead of Simpson/Robson or that Cokanasiga (Championship) or Earle (handful of games for sarries) are ahead of wade, rokoduguni or yarde in the pecking order.

My understanding of wades defensive frailty is that its never been down to his ability to make tackles - more his ability to be in the right place.
Old 22-04-2017, 08:07 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post

My understanding of wades defensive frailty is that its never been down to his ability to make tackles - more his ability to be in the right place.
A bit like Hennessy and making saves.
Old 25-04-2017, 12:48 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Indeed and beers on you if I remember correctly!
Delayed reply... but yes, I owe you a few!

I'll text you our box number on Friday
Old 25-04-2017, 12:49 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Couldn't believe that squad tbh.
Old 25-04-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
I dont think this is a normal touring side though - rumours are that argentina will be pretty understrength and that there is an agreement between the two sets of coaching teams to keep things 'even'.

It looks like to me that Jones is wanting to have a look a lot of new players (most of them young) whilst keeping the core of the current team (Hartley, Robshaw, Care, Brown, Ford, Haskell etc) to nurture them and also show them what is expected of international starters. There is no way for instance that Jack Maunder is ahead of Simpson/Robson or that Cokanasiga (Championship) or Earle (handful of games for sarries) are ahead of wade, rokoduguni or yarde in the pecking order.

That's rubbish about Wade. I can't think of a try which has been solely his fault this season but I can think of double digit try saving tackles.

Anyway, this thread is about the Welsh Lions, not Jones' England.
Old 29-04-2017, 09:44 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Some interesting tales from previous tours To view the link you have to Register or Login
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 16-05-2017, 05:08 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
“Ian McLauchlan came towards me to see how I was just as I went to blow my nose, but it was blocked and because the sinus was cracked the air blew into my eye socket which inflated like a balloon.”

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 18-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
McGeechan reckons Farrell should start at 10...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

www.bensheroestrust.org

Old 21-05-2017, 06:04 AM

Another performance yesterday where Wade didn't miss a tackle and included a try saver. But he can't defend.

Another performance yesterday where Launchbury led, carrried, tackled, stole and covered every blade, despite picking up s knock in the first half.

Gatland's loss(es).
Old 21-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
England and Saracens number eight Billy Vunipola has withdrawn from the Lions tour to New Zealand with a shoulder injury.

Bugger!
Old 21-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
England and Saracens number eight Billy Vunipola has withdrawn from the Lions tour to New Zealand with a shoulder injury.

Bugger!
Bloody shame. Haskell called up ahead of Heaslip is a bit surprising.

www.bensheroestrust.org