Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
RIP, Alabama Phil.

Bad news indeed. RIP a fine, fine man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
His relatives Facebook page, pic of Phil and his brother, comment underneath says "thats Phil who sadly passed away yesterday after a long illness" dated December 20th 2016
Palace Fan In Alabama, rest in peace.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 20-03-2017, 10:17 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here

Sad we were so late, a very nice fellow. RIP my favourite Kenny Rogers lookalike
Old 20-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Lovely fella....probably told Chocks to do one when they met up.
RIP Phil.
Old 20-03-2017, 10:21 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Lovely fella....probably told Chocks to do one when they met up.
RIP Phil.
They can argue up there together.

Sad thing is that the BBS has been going for so long now that this will get more and more frequent.
Old 20-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Phil was a lovely man Husband Dad Granddad and proud to say a good friend.

I met him multiple times for palace games BBS meet ups and he came to Montreal. He stayed at my place once lovely fella always had a bottle of some southern booze on BBS outings.

Remember his plane was late which left me and Britabroad in a Pub in downtown Montreal drinking and drinking and drinking....When he finally got in we went for a curry where I met his misses and their friends for the first time......I was pissed and fell out of the curry house flat on my face to looks of horror from his missis but Phil was pissing himself laughing...Proper Thornton heath lad

RIP mate ....
Old 20-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I was wondering about him a few days ago

Sad news

R.I.P
Old 20-03-2017, 10:34 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Phil was a Paxton boy, just like me. We both had a crush on our teacher, Mrs Moore.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 20-03-2017, 10:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Crap. I had feeling he was not doing so well. Horrible news. He used to send me DVD's of games (even non Palace ones) before it became easier to see games on the Internet or TV.

Never met him, but a frequent PM friend, and had a lot of links from our days back in Bromley and Orpington.

Another BBS original gone.
Old 20-03-2017, 10:46 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
I liked him, sad news
Old 20-03-2017, 10:47 PM
On the move

britabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Phil was a lovely man Husband Dad Granddad and proud to say a good friend.

I met him multiple times for palace games BBS meet ups and he came to Montreal. He stayed at my place once lovely fella always had a bottle of some southern booze on BBS outings.

Remember his plane was late which left me and Britabroad in a Pub in downtown Montreal drinking and drinking and drinking....When he finally got in we went for a curry where I met his misses and their friends for the first time......I was pissed and fell out of the curry house flat on my face to looks of horror from his missis but Phil was pissing himself laughing...Proper Thornton heath lad

RIP mate ....
Excellent night! I wondered why he had gone quiet. Very sad news. Best wishes to his family. RIP Phil
Old 20-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Reculer pour mieux sauter

Chester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RIP PFiA

Thought i remembered him being involved in one of the great threads on here and thankfully i was correct.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Chester; 20-03-2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: memory added
Old 20-03-2017, 11:48 PM

Del Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Sad news...he always wanted me to come down to play the RTJ Golf Trail in Alabama; sadly never did... I thought he lived in Upper Norwood before emigrating as we were often PM'ing about it
Old 20-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am quite upset with myself about this. Rest in peace Phil.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 20-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Never forgave him for him letting his son set up a Brighton based flight service.

Phil was a lovely bloke and spent some hours talking with me about returning to Sussex where he always said he wanted to return to.

RIP.
Old 21-03-2017, 12:06 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Oh, that's horrible news.
Phil and I had some right ding-dongs on the BBS, and PM's, in the early days of the BBS, but I'm glad to say we made our peace in about 2007.
Looking back through those messages, we were always talking about meeting pre-match for a drink when ever he might be over, but we never did.
Sorry about that now.
God speed you, the original BBS wind-up merchant. X
Old 21-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
PFIA was always a good contributor on Matchday threads from the radio days. Very sorry to hear of his early demise
Old 21-03-2017, 02:39 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Crap. I had feeling he was not doing so well. Horrible news. He used to send me DVD's of games (even non Palace ones) before it became easier to see games on the Internet or TV.

Never met him, but a frequent PM friend, and had a lot of links from our days back in Bromley and Orpington.

Another BBS original gone.
Ah explains why i think i may recognise him, very sad news used to be frequent poster iircc. Some nice tributes on here , RIP Phil
Old 21-03-2017, 02:51 AM

Blackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sad News. Met him once, March 2000, in a memorable BBS piss up in The George.
We had a long chat and he proudly spoke of his time he turned out for Wuppertaler SV just after WW II.

RIP Palace Fan in Alabama.
Old 21-03-2017, 03:26 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Old 21-03-2017, 04:15 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad news. Always seemed like a good guy.