Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:03 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Big sam . Potential legendary manager ?

A controversial ( to some ) appointment, an unimpressive start, but some incredible results of late, have won him the respect of many of those opposed to him . I personally think he can go on to become one of our best managers, maybe even surpass sir steve if he stays that long . Early days I know, but I think we have the potential now to actually have some success under him . Wishful thinking ? Or can we actually become a top 8 club ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 11-04-2017, 09:06 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Our identity as a club matches his in the way he gets his teams playing.

Like I've said for a while now, if we keep him here and look after him we'll reap the benefits hugely. All we need is a settled and established squad that he's happy with then we can start to focus on putting the finances into the infrastructure of the club. Allardyce is much more of a long term manager than people think.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Perfect fit for us - it's great to see him making so many people look stupid.

I hope he's here for years to come. Having seen the players he's brought in & what he's done with the players he's already had - I genuinely can't wait to see what he does with us next season. Exciting times.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post

I hope he's here for years to come. Having seen the players he's brought in & what he's done with the players he's already had - I genuinely can't wait to see what he does with us next season. Exciting times.
This for me..
Old 11-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've personally backed him since day 1, never understood the negativity and moral high ground taken by many on here. Absolutely agree that Allardyce has all the tools to be our best ever Manager. His signings have been fantastic and his tactical nous is second to none at this level.
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 11-04-2017, 09:17 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Big Sam was an incredible appointment really, he would have kept any one of the relegation threatened teams up. fortunately we got him first.
Great transfer business, great team set up and suddenly we've got a serious team on our hands.
Lets hope we can keep him and our best players for next season, if we do we could have some exciting times ahead.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:22 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
He defies the sterotyping - most think he's a lumbering northern corrupt type - but he's a million miles from that - intelligent and imaginative more than anything he understands players and playing football....his comment last night on Townsend summed it up when he said he's made him realise what a pleasure it is to play football and how much training and developing is so important...far smarter than he seems and a wonderful fit for us - he must have one of the best squads he's had in a long time - give him some cash and a preseason and finally we may be able to lay a relegation battle to rest...
Old 11-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Maverick Salaryman

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE View Post
I've personally backed him since day 1, never understood the negativity and moral high ground taken by many on here. Absolutely agree that Allardyce has all the tools to be our best ever Manager. His signings have been fantastic and his tactical nous is second to none at this level.
Could not agree more.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:25 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE View Post
I never understood the negative attitude either, I was ok with him coming , but not overjoyed. Im absolutely convinced about his appointment being right now though . Couldn't be happier, pardew is already a distant memory . Which takes some doing given the mess he left behind. No ..I think sam was a blinding appointment . Absolutely perfect choice.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 11-04-2017, 09:26 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Our identity as a club matches his in the way he gets his teams playing.

Like I've said for a while now, if we keep him here and look after him we'll reap the benefits hugely. All we need is a settled and established squad that he's happy with then we can start to focus on putting the finances into the infrastructure of the club. Allardyce is much more of a long term manager than people think.
Bang on the money mate, actually think he's the type that needs to appreciated/loved and Cpfc is exactly that type of club for him. Most important person to secure in summer followed by Zaha ( can't call him Wilf as I know he'll leave again eventually), then Sakho who I think is loving it so much that we've a small chance of securing his signature.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:27 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
They reckon half of his success is his man management skills
Old 11-04-2017, 09:28 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

The only thing stopping me from being as excited as you are, is i remember being similarly impressed with AP in first half season with us.

Seems the perfect fit for us in near future - just hope he doesnt get horrednously found out like AP did. I recall some awful second half of seasons during BFS time at WHU - lets see what happens
Old 11-04-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
He defies the sterotyping - most think he's a lumbering northern corrupt type - but he's a million miles from that - intelligent and imaginative more than anything he understands players and playing football....his comment last night on Townsend summed it up when he said he's made him realise what a pleasure it is to play football and how much training and developing is so important...far smarter than he seems and a wonderful fit for us - he must have one of the best squads he's had in a long time - give him some cash and a preseason and finally we may be able to lay a relegation battle to rest...
That's coz he's not northern he's a yam yam so that makes him class act straight away.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:29 AM

cpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love how he refers to the club as "we"

Part of the palace family
Old 11-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I know the heading does say potential but even linking the word 'Legend' seems well out of place when a Manager has been here for just over 3 months. The fickleness of fans today (be honest) almost certainly means that within 24 months there is a good chance that there will be a strong and noisy lobby for his removal. I am not sure that Legend can apply to Managers in this era because they can't stick around long enough to earn it.

I have bleated on numerous times now that I don't care who the Manager is, but I really would like us to keep a Manager for at least the next 5-7 years and give them the chance to truly build something here. But at times, it's more likely they get 5-7 mths and the rot sets in

I am not sure how likely it is that BFS will stay that long. I suspect if a bigger club came in for him that he would be tempted to move on. Everton seems the biggest risk as I still don't see the traditional top clubs above them coming for BFS. When Koeman leaves (which will be in the next 18 mths surely) I would think BFS is a potential replacement for them and critically they are in the shape that would allow BFS to prove his top level status. I can't see him letting that opportunity go.

So ironically, the concept of a legendary Manager disappears when Wenger moves on I think.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Another bang on the money post. Really hope Parish and co realise what they have at the club. Personally I'd offer him the security of a 5 year deal with bonuses or wage increases year on year. He loves living in London which a huge bonus for us
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 AM
#buybackjedinak!!!

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Wanted him from day one and hope he stays for years to come.... I refused again last night to sing S L red N blue army.....Super Sam's​ Red N Blue army!!
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I know the heading does say potential but even linking the word 'Legend' seems well out of place when a Manager has been here for just over 3 months. The fickleness of fans today (be honest) almost certainly means that within 24 months there is a good chance that there will be a strong and noisy lobby for his removal. I am not sure that Legend can apply to Managers in this era because they can't stick around long enough to earn it.

I have bleated on numerous times now that I don't care who the Manager is, but I really would like us to keep a Manager for at least the next 5-7 years and give them the chance to truly build something here. But at times, it's more likely they get 5-7 mths and the rot sets in

I am not sure how likely it is that BFS will stay that long. I suspect if a bigger club came in for him that he would be tempted to move on. Everton seems the biggest risk as I still don't see the traditional top clubs above them coming for BFS. When Koeman leaves (which will be in the next 18 mths surely) I would think BFS is a potential replacement for them and critically they are in the shape that would allow BFS to prove his top level status. I can't see him letting that opportunity go.

So ironically, the concept of a legendary Manager disappears when Wenger moves on I think.
Thanks for pointing out only 3 months Martin as What annoyed me was amount of fans who expected instant success when it was going to take a while to sort the mess out.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Wanted him from day one and hope he stays for years to come.... I refused again last night to sing S L red N blue army.....Super Sam's​ Red N Blue army!!
Bang on the money mate
Old 11-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
I was glad when Sam arrived and couldn't understand the moralising that many entered into following his appointment. We now have a manager capable of establishing the training ethos, systems and infrastructure which has been so desperately lacking since promotion. I hope the club recognises this as a huge opportunity and provides a training ground and facilities worthy of an ambitious club. We are very, very lucky to have Sam.