Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-04-2017, 01:14 AM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Explanation About Brighton

I saw the trolling thread was shut down, but I would like to discuss what is becoming a strong possibility that Brighton and Palace will meet on the pitch next season. For me, and I imagine for others as well, it's the first time we'll see Palace and Brighton play. So, what's this derby all about? Any stories or memories you can share to give me a healthy disrespect for Brighton are welcome.
Old 15-04-2017, 01:41 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I'd love to help, but I've never really had much to say on the subject of Brighton
Old 15-04-2017, 01:46 AM
Freeza Geeza

Goat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is here

Need I say more?
Old 15-04-2017, 02:43 AM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thank you. I almost wept ... almost.
Old 15-04-2017, 02:45 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Andy Johnson, a magic hat and Agent Sir Steve
Old 15-04-2017, 04:51 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I'd love to help, but I've never really had much to say on the subject of Brighton
Old 15-04-2017, 05:33 AM
#buybackjedinak!!!

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-04-2017, 05:33 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Old 15-04-2017, 05:58 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Our rivals are Millwall.

Brighton rely on us to define them and they stalk us.
Old 15-04-2017, 06:10 AM
#buybackjedinak!!!

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Our rivals are Millwall.

You must be a pup to say that.... Brighton are our rivals. It must be a perfect two-way hatred!
Millwall ( not even a true South London club) hate West ham first then us....for us it's Brighton then Millwall....For Brighton its us then Portsmouth...
Old 15-04-2017, 06:11 AM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Our rivals are Millwall.

Nah, milwall are our rivals but the Brighton rivalry is much more relevant for this generation I'd say. And the animosity is very real.
Old 15-04-2017, 06:22 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Six points.
Old 15-04-2017, 06:59 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
You must be a pup to say that.... Brighton are our rivals. It must be a perfect two-way hatred!
Millwall ( not even a true South London club) hate West ham first then us....for us it's Brighton then Millwall....For Brighton its us then Portsmouth...
I'm 46 mate!

I have to live amongst these twats. Believe me they need us more than we need them. They don't have any rivals and would be even more irrelevant without us.

Anyway this 40 mile local rivalry is a bit stupid.
Old 15-04-2017, 07:05 AM

jimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejimmy the gent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not really, Liverpool and Manchester is 40 miles away, but United and LFC's rivalry is fiercer than the respective teams in their cities.
Old 15-04-2017, 07:05 AM

Tim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'm 46 mate!

I have to live amongst these twats. Believe me they need us more than we need them. They don't have any rivals and would be even more irrelevant without us.

Are you serious? I'm assuming you went to Palace v Brighton games in the 80's? They are the sworn enemy, everyone will see what it really all about next season. Can't wait!
Old 15-04-2017, 07:06 AM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm 46 mate!

It's not local but it's a very real rivalry nonetheless
Old 15-04-2017, 07:10 AM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I`m sure I read somewhere that it also goes back to the late 50`s when south London lads used to go down there for a piss up and punch up.
Old 15-04-2017, 07:17 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It goes back to Brighton manager Alan Mullery throwing wads of cash at the Palace fans after his side lost in an FA cup replay in the 70s. He then shouted "you're not worth that" at the fans sparking a riot. Mullery later became Palace manager in the early 80s alienating many supporters in the process. There have been many classic games like the 5 penalty one in 1988, the Andy Johnson 5-0 romp, and the playoff semi.
Old 15-04-2017, 07:31 AM

HOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Millwall have traditionally been our rivals
Brighton just think they are because they have no one else
And yes they started it (not by invading Poland )
Old 15-04-2017, 07:35 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It depends how you define a rivalry I guess. If it's purely geographical then Millwall and Charlton would be right up there plus some other London clubs. The Brighton rivalry only really got going post-Mullery's outburst because we went up and down the divisions together for 10/15 years or so. We didn't play them from the mid-late 80's to early 2000's which ironically helped the rivalry to fester - the 5-0 game was an unbelievable atmosphere. I think it's the best rivalry out of the three nowadays.