Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 16-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
That's the thing most of the dough goes on the players wages
Old 16-04-2017, 07:06 PM
and Sainsbury's

wehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Let's face it, Palace have been in the Prem for 4 seasons and are not making money hand over first.

They are about breaking even or operating with a small lose due to wages and transfer dealings.

After 4 years all we have to show for it are some extra floodlights to blind people with, some nice grass, a TV gantry to obstruct the view of a many people and a few upgraded restaurants. We do however have a team on the field that can compete and hopefully survive for a 5th year. This is what it cost to maintain status in the Prem.

I don't think CPFC2010 have made one penny out of their investment. I'm sure one day they will get their money back with a nice interest... where will Brighton get the money to pay back their owner (or whatever Bloom is)?
You've done well thus far, you have a competitve team again and a manager who actually knows what he's doing (Please Alan come back) and you will be playing PL football next season.

I'm not sure if Bloom ever will get his money back? or if he intends to? the good thing is he owns the club, he's a passionate fan of the club and clearly he's loaded. He has decided of his own choice to put in his money and it will be his decision if he decides to call in his investment. That's a damn site better place to be than owned by banks or foreign speculators.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:18 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Brighton will probably make a profit in year one as some of the players will be kept and are on longer contracts? In year two the wages catch up. Brighton seem to have a squad that is coordinated as a team so spending may be more measured than some expect. As none of us have any idea what Mr Bloom's wealth is or whether ha has backers we cannot be sure of Brighton's plans.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:28 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehatepalace View Post
You've done well thus far, you have a competitve team again and a manager who actually knows what he's doing (Please Alan come back) and you will be playing PL football next season.

I'm not sure if Bloom ever will get his money back? or if he intends to? the good thing is he owns the club, he's a passionate fan of the club and clearly he's loaded. He has decided of his own choice to put in his money and it will be his decision if he decides to call in his investment. That's a damn site better place to be than owned by banks or foreign speculators.
I concur completely with your last sentence.

I suspect the only way Bloom will get the money back is unfortunately to sell up lock stock and barrel to one of those pesky foreign investors.

I don't think he will do this though, as he really does seem to be in this for the long haul, which is good for Brighton.

(sorry - too many "I's")
Old 16-04-2017, 07:32 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
I concur completely with your last sentence.

I suspect the only way Bloom will get the money back is unfortunately to sell up lock stock and barrel to one of those pesky foreign investors.

I don't think he will do this though, as he really does seem to be in this for the long haul, which is good for Brighton.

(sorry - too many "I's")
I think hedgehog is in the wrong forum.Far too much reason in that post.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 16-04-2017, 07:33 PM
and Sainsbury's

wehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewehatepalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Brighton will probably make a profit in year one as some of the players will be kept and are on longer contracts? In year two the wages catch up. Brighton seem to have a squad that is coordinated as a team so spending may be more measured than some expect. As none of us have any idea what Mr Bloom's wealth is or whether ha has backers we cannot be sure of Brighton's plans.
The club did say they had two lists depending on what happened this season, but that their recruitment strategy wouldn't change, they want to try and unearth better value players that will fit into the group rather than splashing the cash.

Nobody has the first clue how much Bloom is worth and his businesses seem to be a lot of smoke and mirrors. Clearly he's worth a lot more than the 50 million official a few years back. Had a convo with a palace m8 today and I reckon, Bloom as a successful and competitive individual is likely going to do everything possible to stay at the top table. He'll back Hughton but if its goes the way of Ollie or Pardew I dare say Hughton (as thoroughly decent a chap as he is) will end up the same way by Christmas. Having got there and the riches it brings I doubt there is much he wouldn't do to try and stay there such is the financial gulf.

Will it be enough? possibly not, but we'll only know in year. As a fan, I dont fear relegation, but I guess Bloom really would and will do everything to try and prevent it, much the same as Parrish has.
Old 17-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
One wonders if the dirty nature of this promotion has soured the experience of fans of a club that prides itself on its conduct being a cut above everyone else.

Poor Brighton. Just another grubby club.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:34 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Chinese takeover of Brighton would be my bet.
Old 18-04-2017, 05:03 AM

smoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Imagine that there's no answer to your constant, self comforting rhetoric about Crystal Palace's crimes to humanity, and we're already wearing sackcloth and ashes for eternity.

Now, apply your own standards that you, your fellow fans, and your CEO have sanctimoniously preached to all and sundry to your own club.

And tell me, when that Brighton team runs out for its first PL game in history, how any Brighton fan can enjoy the moment with a clear conscience.
Most of them won't even know or give a s**t as they don't even support the club.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:11 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Bloom wont syphon off Prem money, I don't believe. Unless he gets Brighton to invest in his other ventures... Or takes a ridiculous salary. I'm sure he will sell a large controlling holding to some investors from Overseas. And retain a seat on the board for his family for more generations to come. But the debt will be difficult to manage in negotiations. Effectively who would want to pay him back and carry the burden of that debt? Will be interesting to see how it's played out.

We were in a good position with zero to negligible debt. It's easy to get carried away and blinded by the lights of the Prem. But sound investments would be players like Defoe & Crouch for the frontline (actually Ulloa would make more sense, and get one of Bournemouths forwards). An ageing star in defence. And some quality in midfield- as well as cover in the squad, or at least challenging for the 1st XI. I think our way has been decent, players out of favour with a point to prove have largely worked, and up and coming players too. The premiership player mentality though is so different to the Championship. It doesn't work all the time, some have already made it - they lack that desire that Brighton players got with.

But either way with everything they now have in place, even if they don't stay up, am pretty sure they wont see the likes of Hereford again. Of course, Pompey & Coventry would have felt similar.

Last edited by eagle mart; 18-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:28 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
You cannot simply deflect by besmirching Crystal Palace. It is Brighton fans who, for years have looked down their noses at the rest of the football world, with their condescending air of self righteousness.

What has changed? How can they live with this hypocrisy and enjoy promotion with a clear conscience?
Nothing's changed, they're just a deluded club. Somehow their promotion is more pure than our's, despite the fact they've been bankrolled on and off the pitch to the tune of 250m, whilst we had a team of loans and frees who supported a couple of outstanding academy products. They're the biggest bunch of deluded arseholes going, the Championship version of Arsenal. They'll be back there soon, no doubt.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:50 AM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't think CPFC2010 have made one penny out of their investment. I'm sure one day they will get their money back with a nice interest...

Parish sold 7% of the club to Harris, Blitzer et al for much more than he paid for 25% of it. Browett, Long and Hosking sold a bigger chunk.

They've made plenty from their investment.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 18-04-2017, 10:21 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Surely Bwighton could just swap Knocky for Neymar, Suarez and Messi. Admittedly none of them are fit to tie the little wizzard's boots, but it would give them strength in depth without having to pay any money.

Tony Bwoom will have to wait, to cash in on surely his most successful gamble.
Old 19-04-2017, 01:43 AM
LLLLLLL

EagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagleEater : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You all seem to care a bit too much about us going up to be honest! It's like you are obsessed and want to be us!
Admin #3 looms - Once cheats, always cheats!

Last edited by EagleEater; 19-04-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 19-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Question - something uncomfortable about Brighton hypocrisy
Reply - usual deflection involving something about Palace
question - what about the question
Reply - nothing

Result - continued delusion and hypocrisy
Old 19-04-2017, 06:31 AM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEater View Post
You all seem to care a bit too much about us going up to be honest! It's like you are obsessed and want to be us!
Well I don't think any of us would want to be like you
Old 19-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Benevolence personified

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Looks like Tony's getting ready to rightfully pocket most of the cash. Meanwhile, I'm sure self righteous, smugly superior Brighton fans would be interested I this comment:

The club’s wage structure will shift, with Brighton now able to offer more competitive salaries but they are likely to follow the models implemented by Bournemouth and Burnley rather than offer huge contracts to new recruits.

Brighton - the Bournemouth aspirationals
Old 19-04-2017, 07:33 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Higher wages will be paid , HIGHER WAGES WILL BE SUCCESSFULLY PAID!!
Old 23-04-2017, 08:14 AM

andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980 andy1980
Quote:
Let's face it, Palace have been in the Prem for 4 seasons and are not making money hand over first.

They are about breaking even or operating with a small lose due to wages and transfer dealings.

After 4 years all we have to show for it are some extra floodlights to blind people with, some nice grass, a TV gantry to obstruct the view of a many people and a few upgraded restaurants. We do however have a team on the field that can compete and hopefully survive for a 5th year. This is what it cost to maintain status in the Prem.

I don't think CPFC2010 have made one penny out of their investment. I'm sure one day they will get their money back with a nice interest... where will Brighton get the money to pay back their owner (or whatever Bloom is)?
He won't get everything bac but he woud get some over the next few years and the new buid next to the training ground is paying of some of what he paid. Hes a Brighton fan and is richer today than what he was in 2009 when he too over
Before Andy claims that I think what how Bloom runs the club is wrong - that isn't something I've ever believed. I'm happy for the fool to waste as much money as he wants on this vanity project, even if it means losing 40m in one season on a shit or bust roll of the dice for promotion.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
Old 23-04-2017, 08:23 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1980 View Post
He won't get everything bac but he woud get some over the next few years and the new buid next to the training ground is paying of some of what he paid. Hes a Brighton fan and is richer today than what he was in 2009 when he too over
He's getting the parachute payments. Nice touch seeing as you think they are for cheats.