Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Should we rotate a bit for the next few games?

Obviously we still don't know how many points will keep us up, that probably depends on Swansea and Hull. However, it still looks like we need to find a few more points to secure safety.

When you look at our fixtures, we obviously have four very tough fixtures left, and avoiding a high pressure fixture against a direct rival would also be a very good idea - if we are both still fighting for survival, the Hull match could be a very dangerous fixture in my opinion.

Therefore Burnley at home looks like a game we should be targeting to get 3 more points, which MIGHT secure survival. My worry about that is it will be our 3rd game in 6 days!! By the time we meet each other, we will have already played twice since Burnley's last match.

So, as the thread title asks, should we look to rotate some of the squad? Liverpool away, particularly without Sakho (or Dann... and probably Tomkins), looks like a very likely defeat to me. Spurs are in awesome form, so again a defeat is the most likely result. I'm not suggesting we completely throw the towel in for those games, but should we hold something back for Burnley, as it could still be an absolutely vital match? Losing it due to exhaustion (which was a factor at home to Swansea) could be a massive mistake.
Old 16-04-2017, 05:58 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rotate if we beat Spurs i will rotate like never before.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:06 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
I've been thinking about this.

Sakho can't play against Liverpool and Tompkins may not be ready. So you could quite comfortably play DD and Kelly with Schluppy and then replace with Sakho, Tompkins and PVA for Spurs. McArthur could also play a big part in these few games.

Wilf, Townsend and Benteke concern me a bit because we dot have ready replacements.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Whole summer to rest.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:13 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No.If history teaches us anything it's that you can kill anyone(Al Pacino in Godfather 2)and don't change a winning team(me)!
Old 16-04-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
We are a drawing team now.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking about it

And I doubt we will go into the Spurs game as a winning team either.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:27 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
And I doubt we will go into the Spurs game as a winning team either.
Bit pedantic and negative aren't we?
Old 16-04-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Bit pedantic and negative aren't we?
Just suggesting that that the 'don't change a winning team' idea may be a bit simplistic when you face so many tough games in six days. Which doesn't mean you are wrong - I am interested in other's views on it, hence the thread for discussion.

And negative? Maybe, but I find it very unlikely we will win at Anfield with a probable centre back pairing of Kelly and Delaney. It could happen but I still think it is unlikely.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:39 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
no
Old 16-04-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
I've been thinking about this.

Sakho can't play against Liverpool and Tompkins may not be ready. So you could quite comfortably play DD and Kelly with Schluppy and then replace with Sakho, Tompkins and PVA for Spurs. McArthur could also play a big part in these few games.

Wilf, Townsend and Benteke concern me a bit because we dot have ready replacements.
I agree that McArthur may be used more. Not sure Cabaye would manage 3x90 minutes in 6 days - especially as we are likely to be out of possession for the majority of the first two games. We will be doing a lot of chasing and closing down I would think.

And yes, we have very little decent cover for our front three. Sako may get a few more minutes I guess.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:46 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
NO - that's something a bunch of pussies would do. We're in this mess because we've in this mess and we're big and ugly enough to get ourselves out of it. And I hate it when we rely on 'Other'' teams do us a favour.

Our top 4 are in the form of their season and Liverpool's defence does not like pacey wingers. Delaney and Kelly are rough and tough enough to give Coutinho and Firmino a lesson in shut out defending.

Selhurst Park on a Weds evening is the last place a Champion chasing team want to visit --ask Liverpool.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChillo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
And negative? Maybe, but I find it very unlikely we will win at Anfield with a probable centre back pairing of Kelly and Delaney. It could happen but I still think it is unlikely.
I guess it depends on how good our DM pairing is; if it's Luka and Johan, then they may be able to protect the centre backs.

From what I saw of Liverpool today, they do seem to leave themselves very open in the centre (like Arsenal?); Matip and Louvren aren't a great pairing and with Lucas Leiva as DM, I can see us focusing on the wings and getting some joy from our RHS, with Wilf.

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This stage of the season you play your strongest team possible in every game.
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
NO - that's something a bunch of pussies would do. We're in this mess because we've in this mess and we're big and ugly enough to get ourselves out of it. And I hate it when we rely on 'Other'' teams do us a favour.

Our top 4 are in the form of their season and Liverpool's defence does not like pacey wingers. Delaney and Kelly are rough and tough enough to give Coutinho and Firmino a lesson in shut out defending.

Selhurst Park on a Weds evening is the last place a Champion chasing team want to visit --ask Liverpool.
Your first sentence seems a bit daft. Lots of teams rotate a bit at times, it doesn't make them 'pussies'. Leicester made several changes over the course of their recent 3 games in 6 days, and I think they will generally be quite pleased with their results.

Sam himself says he made a mistake not resting some legs before Swansea game (yes, I'm aware it's a slightly different situation).

Your second sentence, could be used to justify either side of the argument. I actually think that by making the Burnley game a priority, and (hopefully) ensuring a result in that match, you would reduce the chance of relying on others. If we end up not winning any of them, due to burn out, then it would mean we probably will be relying on others. If you look at our current situation, three points from the next three games would probably be a decent return.

You make very valid points in the final two paragraphs. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here - but some very valid arguments for either approach.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I guess it depends on how good our DM pairing is; if it's Luka and Johan, then they may be able to protect the centre backs.

From what I saw of Liverpool today, they do seem to leave themselves very open in the centre (like Arsenal?); Matip and Louvren aren't a great pairing and with Lucas Leiva as DM, I can see us focusing on the wings and getting some joy from our RHS, with Wilf.
I agree with a lot of what you say, and think it is possible. But I would still maintain it's unlikely - even if were to win, it would be an 'unlikely win'.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:58 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No way, play strongest side available for all matches and secure the points ASAP.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking about it

For what it's worth I think it may be less of an issue if we weren't playing Burnley last in these 3 games.

But if we do bust a gut and take a very valiant point from one of the first two games, but then lost as we couldn't manage the same level against Burnley, it could have huge ramifications come the end of the month.

The ramifications could be absolutely huge if we lose that game (or even don't win). In my opinion we don't need to get three good results from these games - but we do need to win one. And there is one that provides us with a far better chance.

Quite a quandary for the manager.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:03 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
No way, play strongest side available for all matches and secure the points ASAP.
But is playing your strongest side in the first two games (against very tough opponents who will make us chase a lot), the best way to secure points?

Yes, I am playing devil's advocate as I don't have the answer. But I am not sure it is. It might be but it could also a massive mistake.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHappy Arthur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Allardyce knows the Burnley match is the key to our season. It will be interesting to see how he approaches the flurry of games. Difficult to see how we can rest benteke and Wilf but I'm happy to put all eggs in one basket (excuse the pun) for Burnley.