Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 28-05-2017, 11:11 AM

singapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
While reading the previews for today's stage, I was reminded of this story from the decisive 1984 Giro time trial, when the Italian Moser pipped the Frenchman Fignon :

As Fignon told historian Les Woodland in a Procycling magazine interview, “In the time trial, just get out the tapes from the television and see for yourself. It’s very clear. The television helicopter was flying just behind him. You can see from the images. They are all from low down and behind him, so that the blades of the helicopter were pushing him along. Then look at the pictures of me and they’re all taken from in front of me, so that while the helicopter was pushing Moser along, it was pushing me back.”

Dumoulin beware!
Old 28-05-2017, 12:33 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Fonzi actually making a thing out of and celebrating the 'maglia nera' even if it's not real anymore. It's an italian in a jersey of sorts so in that sense he may have had the jump on the shark.

Heyyyyyyyyy!
Old 28-05-2017, 01:42 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
While reading the previews for today's stage, I was reminded of this story from the decisive 1984 Giro time trial, when the Italian Moser pipped the Frenchman Fignon :

As Fignon told historian Les Woodland in a Procycling magazine interview, “In the time trial, just get out the tapes from the television and see for yourself. It’s very clear. The television helicopter was flying just behind him. You can see from the images. They are all from low down and behind him, so that the blades of the helicopter were pushing him along. Then look at the pictures of me and they’re all taken from in front of me, so that while the helicopter was pushing Moser along, it was pushing me back.”

Dumoulin beware!
French TV mentioned that Giro the other day during one of the 100th anniversary special reports. Not only was there the helicopter incident flying behind Moser to "push" him but also in front of Fignon to slow him down, but more importantly the "Stelvio" stage was shortened due to a risk of bad weather. There was of course no bad weather at all. Moser was also pushed up most of the climbs whereas Fignon got time added on for an illegal "ravitaillement". We shouldn't forget that Fignon was spat upon and had vinegar thrown at him too. (Urine is a much more recent invention)!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-05-2017, 03:34 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Phew, that was almost as stressful as watching palace, fantastic Giro, so pleased that Dumoulin won, despite poogate

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 28-05-2017, 03:34 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
TOM!

Quintana put up some solid resistance to hold on to his 2nd place. Nibbles finishes on the podium less than a minute behind Dumoulin!

Great Giro!
Old 28-05-2017, 03:35 PM

singapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dumoulin wins!

All that time in the saddle and it comes down to about 30 seconds.
Old 28-05-2017, 03:37 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Brilliant finale. Obvious similarities too with Fignon's defeat at the 1989 TDF.

Werner Herzog
Old 28-05-2017, 04:30 PM

GIRO Stage 21 Results
1 VAN EMDEN, Jos (TLJ) 33:08
2 DUMOULIN, Tom (SUN) + 15
3 QUINZIATO, Manuel (BMC) + 27
4 KIRYIENKA, Vasil (SKY) + 31
5 ROSSKOPF, Joseph (BMC) + 35
6 BÁRTA, Jan (BOH) + 39
7 PREIDLER, Georg (SUN) + 51
8 JUNGELS, Bob (QST) + 54
9 TRATNIK, Jan (CCC) + 57
10 AMADOR BIKKAZAKOVA, Andrey (MOV) + 1:02
11 BIALOBLOCKI, Marcin (CCC) + 1:04
12 PEDERSEN, Mads (TFS)
13 LUDVIGSSON, Tobias (FDJ) + 1:09
14 NIBALI, Vincenzo (TBM)
15 HEPBURN, Michael (ORS) + 1:13
16 CLEMENT, Stef (TLJ) + 1:14
17 HAGA, Chad (SUN) + 1:16
18 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (TLJ) + 1:17
19 DILLIER, Silvan (BMC)
20 TUFT, Svein (ORS) + 1:18

Final General Classification

1 DUMOULIN, Tom (SUN) 90:34:54
2 QUINTANA, Nairo (MOV) + 31
3 NIBALI, Vincenzo (TBM) + 40
4 PINOT, Thibaut (FDJ) + 1:17
5 ZAKARIN, Ilnur (KAT) + 1:56
6 POZZOVIVO, Domenico (ALM) + 3:11
7 MOLLEMA, Bauke (TFS) + 3:41
8 JUNGELS, Bob (QST) + 7:04
9 YATES, Adam (ORS) + 8:10
10 FORMOLO, Davide (CDT) + 15:17
11 POLANC, Jan (UAD) + 18:06
12 HIRT, Jan (CCC) + 20:49
13 MONFORT, Maxime (LTS) + 21:59
14 CATALDO, Dario (AST) + 24:40
15 REICHENBACH, Sébastien (FDJ) + 28:11
16 KONRAD, Patrick (BOH) + 35:50
17 LANDA MEANA, Mikel (SKY) + 37:09
18 AMADOR BIKKAZAKOVA, Andrey (MOV) + 37:49
19 DUPONT, Hubert (ALM) + 38:45
20 VAN GARDEREN, Tejay (BMC) + 57:13
Old 28-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
That stage so needed rain! I've never known a Giro to have such good weather!
Old 28-05-2017, 07:53 PM

Velogames final GC (give or take a little tinker or two)!

Hat to Perky for a fine win (and in the world 869th out of 17225)!

7181 points
Perky Legends
Martyn Perkins

6834 points
Team Belgrave
singapore eagle

6609 points
Team Tousart
kabbott

6601 points
Penge Peddlars
Graham

6600 points
Wiggo`s Level Playing Field
Kemper

6505 points
Canonbury Climbers
Jonathan Dobson

6471 points
I Pappagalli di Scarponi
Forza Selhurst

6277 points
OPH
3 Beers at HT

5967 points
Spunky`s Superstars
Duncan Inglis

5914 points
60 Per Cent
Oryol

5912 points
meee
meee

5879 points
Trampolini
Excowboy

5779 points
Fozzie`s Flyers
Stephen Foss

5526 points
Cycling Sharks 3
Dave Mc

5196 points
Roadrash Procycling
Mark

4860 points
Pretty Polly
Lucky Old Gladys

4815 points
Spinning Loose
SIP

4715 points
Team Ground
Christopher.Daniels

4664 points
Bandiera Rossa
Palestinian

4469 points
Deliveroo Procycling
Captain Pizza

3883 points
#SbSNews cycling and canoeing club
SteveSugg
Old 29-05-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Hat to Perky for a fine win
Yes, well done Perky. Particularly impressive given that you had Thomas's early ill fortune.
Old 29-05-2017, 11:03 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Well done Tom.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 29-05-2017, 06:57 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Dumoulin. The guy I picked as a total random in the Tour de Suisse a few years ago because he looked like he could time trial.

Well done Perky. Led most of the way.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Noot! Noot!

Congrats Perky.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:17 PM

Perky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apologies for late response. I was in Italy for a week in the middle of the race doing my own 128mile, 3800m ascent of climbing event. My wife and I decided to stay away from the news and watch it all after we got back.
We've just finished and so glad we decided to watch it all not knowing. Great race, deserved winner and pleased to top our league.
Shame I missed on deadline for Criterium.
Bring on the tour