Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:15 AM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Problem is of we do go down we will say goodbye to Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, Townsend and possibly Dann to a newly promoted team. To think of the shit we would be left with that we watched yesterday is depressing. Our back up team wouldn't be good enough for the championship and that is our biggest worry as we couldn't afford to replace half the amount of players we'd need too.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:24 AM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Out.... all 3 keepers Damo, Kelly,Puncheon ,Flamini,Much,Lee,Sako, Ledley, Remmy, Campbell,Fryers, J Benteke

That's 15 by my count and opinion and the worrying thing is, other than Mandanda not one would go to a top league. It just shows you how weak our squad is.

This also shows you why we are in the shit now because lose anyone in our first 11 and we have nothing in reserve.

A busy summer me thinks
Old 07-05-2017, 08:27 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
If we went down, the squad that we'd likely be left with is:

Hennessey
Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
PvA
Schlupp
McArthur
Luka
Puncheon
?Townsend?
Wickham
Campbell (if we renew his contract)
Lee
Ledley (if we renew his contract)

To suggest that squad is not good enough for the championship is bollox.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:32 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Hennessey, Mandanda, Delaney, Kelly, Ward, Flamini, Sako, Lee, Mutch, Campbell, Remy, Ledley, Fryers, Williams, Puncheon.

A couple of them like Ward could stay as backups only.
Pretty much how I see it too, with maybe Ward and Puncheon going to squad status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 07-05-2017, 08:36 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
If we went down, the squad that we'd likely be left with is:

Hennessey
Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Tomkins
PvA
Schlupp
McArthur
Luka
Puncheon
?Townsend?
Wickham
Campbell (if we renew his contract)
Lee
Ledley (if we renew his contract)

To suggest that squad is not good enough for the championship is bollox.
I doubt we'd be able to keep Tomkins, Luka or PvA who gutlessly left the Sunderland sinking ship when the going got tough. He wouldn't stay with us.

We'd probably be a mid table championship team like villa.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:37 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
Listening to Sam and watching his body language Sam might be the first to go. He seemed so different during his interview like he has not only run out of players but run out of enthusiasm and ideas. Unless certain players come back he really cannot see where the next points will come from
With respect, that is a load of old bollocks. No one is going to be happy after losing 5-0.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro1780 View Post
SO MUCH SHITE IN THIS THREAD IT NEEDS CLOSING.

Sell PvA as we have 3 LB's?
I thought Schlupp was more of a winger but can play LB if needed? That leaves us with two.
Do you really think Souare will play next season? I don't think so but i hope he fully recovers.
That leaves us with PvA.

We're not going to release all those players & be able to afford replacements.

If we stay up which we will do i can only see us signing 4 maybe 5.
1xGK
1xCB (2 if we let Delaney go)
1xMid (Punch replacement)
1xST
What a bizarre post, PVA is the worst defender of the three (he's a wing back not a left back from what I've seen, which is why Allardyce played him there ahead of PVA) plus I clearly said only if Souare recovers fully i.e. the player we had pre-injury.

Half of the players mentioned are leaving anyway as they're out of contract but we clearly need to offload Mutch, Lee, Mandanda and probably Sako (who I like but doesn't feel like we've seen the best of). Ward and Puncheon I'm not sure about, they both seem to be inconsistent in different ways and we need more reliable players.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:10 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Why would you sell our best left back is the first thing I'd ask of this thread? Sam clearly loves PVA and you'd sell him at the hope of Souare returning to his old self after a horrific injury. Madness.

And I actually rate PVA more than Souare too.

There will be loads going and rightly so, Mandanda, Delaney, Fryers, Flamini, Ledley, Lee, Sako, Mutch, Williams, Campbell, Remy i all expect to leave which creates a lot of room in the squad to be filled and a lot of wages freed up.

This is a massive summer for us, we need shaping up for the next 2-3 years and we may just escape Pardew's absysmal squad he assembled and fill it with quality on top of what is a very, very strong 11 we have. I fully trust Sam to do so, but he will need the resources in order to do so. We need quality not quantity, it's a lesson we've learnt.

1 solid keeper - Pickford to compete with Hennessey and Speroni
1 right back - to compete with Ward maybe even pipping him. Someone with more confidence and drive going forward with the ball.
2 center halves - Sakho no explanation needed and someone younger to fill Delaney's boots. Considering Dann isn't getting any younger.
2 center midfielders - were so light and timid in the middle it's painful. We crave some more energy in there, Loftus Cheek or Seri with a more defensive minded midfielder as Luka will no doubt get suspended at some point next season.
1 winger - were light out wide, if Townsend or Zaha get injured we are in shit. Someone like Traore who can develop and wait for his chance.
2 forwards - direct replacements for Campbell and Remy, we've been lucky in the second half of the season with Benteke. Defoe and another.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:59 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I doubt we'd be able to keep Tomkins, Luka or PvA who gutlessly left the Sunderland sinking ship when the going got tough. He wouldn't stay with us.

We'd probably be a mid table championship team like villa.
Good re Pva he's bloody toilet
Old 07-05-2017, 11:34 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Admittedly we need a rather large turnover of players. Problem is, its going to take a few years to achieve it.
Also, the ones most want rid of are worth bugger all in the market, and the ones we will want will cost a fortune.
More hidden gems required from overseas I reckon along with one or two key players known to us all.
Good luck Sam.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:47 AM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cut:
Flamini
Remy
Hennessey
Lee
J Benteke
Ledley
Fryers
Sako
Mandanda

Keep:
Ward
Van Aanholt
Tomkins
Dann
Townsend
Zaha
Sakho (if at all possible)
C Benteke
McArthur
Wickham
Delaney (as I have a feeling he already has an extra year)
Milivojević
Schlupp
Kelly

Unsure:
Williams - because I just can't bear to write it down
Campbell - should go unless happy to stay as 4th choice for cheap
Speroni - fine as 3rd choice
Cabaye - undoubted quality but getting older, unreliable fitness-wise, can probably get decent funds from him and take his wages off the books
Kaikai - would love him to get a chance but I honestly wouldn't know if that will happen
Puncheon - sad, but I can't help but feel he's very much on the wane
Old 07-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
SO MUCH SHITE ON THIS WEBSITE IT NEEDS CLOSING.
Agree entirely.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:33 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
SA recently said we'll be looking to bring in 4-7 players. Quoted from the excellent junior eagles Q&A session.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:18 PM

Gyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
What a bizarre post, PVA is the worst defender of the three (he's a wing back not a left back from what I've seen, which is why Allardyce played him there ahead of PVA) plus I clearly said only if Souare recovers fully i.e. the player we had pre-injury.

Half of the players mentioned are leaving anyway as they're out of contract but we clearly need to offload Mutch, Lee, Mandanda and probably Sako (who I like but doesn't feel like we've seen the best of). Ward and Puncheon I'm not sure about, they both seem to be inconsistent in different ways and we need more reliable players.
PvA is the best LB we have.
Schlupp looks ok at LB too but not as good as van Aanholt.

Yes a lot of these players maybe out of contract but if we let them all go where do you think we're going to find the money to replace them all.
I think some will be given new 1-2 year deals & replaced in a year or 2 depending what league we're in.
Some people seem to think we can get rid of 10 or so players & sign 10 replacements. Not going to happen.

Last edited by Gyro1780; 07-05-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:43 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A lot of the players that we need to shift won't interest many Premier League teams except perhaps the promoted ones so we'll have to hope some of the richer Championship clubs show interest. Would be useful if Pardew gets a job at a club with a bit of cash and comes in for a few of them.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I wonder if Pard's will end up at Norwich
Old 07-05-2017, 04:01 PM

Gyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Poor Norwich.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Indeed!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
PvA is the best LB we have.
Schlupp looks ok at LB too but not as good as van Aanholt.

Yes a lot of these players maybe out of contract but if we let them all go where do you think we're going to find the money to replace them all.
I think some will be given new 1-2 year deals & replaced in a year or 2 depending what league we're in.
Some people seem to think we can get rid of 10 or so players & sign 10 replacements. Not going to happen.
The game is all about opinions, from what I've seen of both so far I rate Schlupp as a far more committed player defensively, which is surprisingly given he has always generally been a winger. PVA, although clearly talented, looks a lot less interested and from what I've seen is a very poor defender, which is probably why Allardyce continually has him on the bench instead of Schlupp.

Each season there is normally a movement of about 10 senior players in and out (including loans) and this season has been no different so I see no reason why it wont be again.

Our squad is really quite old now. All our midfielders bar Luka are 30 and over and many more of the squad are either there or close (can you believe Lee & Sako will both be 29 this summer and Tomkins is already 28?).

Of our out of contract players I'm fairly sure Fryers, Flamini, Ledley, Campbell & Hennessey will go. Speroni & Delaney may be offered contracts as last resort squad players but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them go.

We clearly need to sell Mutch & Mandanda and Lee & Sako probably need to go too. Of those 11 players which 5-6 do you think we will keep then? What value does keeping these ageing players that rarely play in the squad going to achieve?
Old 07-05-2017, 04:27 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I played golf the other day with a Norwich season ticket holder and he who seemed to be in the know said "over everyone's dead bodies "

As I've just said in another thread he might be up to being assistant mgr.at Dagenham and Redbridge that is south his level.