Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2017, 01:44 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I would like Sakho here for obvious reasons but if I am being realistic rather than 'crazy football fan who doesn't have to balance the books' then I can't see that it makes sense to pay 30m. Sakho hasn't suddenly become the only CB in the universe, nor the best in the world and we haven't become Man Utd. We can't afford, literally, to become fixated on one player. If we are planning to spend big money we should be able to get a top class CB for between 15-20m and still have cash to spend elsewhere. TBH we could probably get 2 CBs and still have some change from 30m. And we DO need to spend money elsewhere. BFS won't be sitting there saying, 'cool Steve that's job done then' he will be looking to strengthen the squad depth and quality.

It's not just the budget we have to be wary of it's the reputation. If we keel over twice to Liverpool at these huge prices, every player we ask about will get another premium because we are Palace.

Having said all of that, I would still love him to come but I think Liverpool are daft enough to hold out for the 30m and we shouldn't pay up this time. What I would add is that we shouldn't leave ourselves in the situation we had last year with CB where we were playing chicken until the end, and losing. We risk ending up without a CB.
Old 17-05-2017, 05:57 AM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I would like Sakho here for obvious reasons but if I am being realistic rather than 'crazy football fan who doesn't have to balance the books' then I can't see that it makes sense to pay 30m. Sakho hasn't suddenly become the only CB in the universe, nor the best in the world and we haven't become Man Utd. We can't afford, literally, to become fixated on one player. If we are planning to spend big money we should be able to get a top class CB for between 15-20m and still have cash to spend elsewhere. TBH we could probably get 2 CBs and still have some change from 30m. And we DO need to spend money elsewhere. BFS won't be sitting there saying, 'cool Steve that's job done then' he will be looking to strengthen the squad depth and quality.

It's not just the budget we have to be wary of it's the reputation. If we keel over twice to Liverpool at these huge prices, every player we ask about will get another premium because we are Palace.

Having said all of that, I would still love him to come but I think Liverpool are daft enough to hold out for the 30m and we shouldn't pay up this time. What I would add is that we shouldn't leave ourselves in the situation we had last year with CB where we were playing chicken until the end, and losing. We risk ending up without a CB.
Wrong I'm afraid.One Sakho better than 2 good cbs by a mile.With Tomkins and Dann with Kelly as back up we don't need another 2 surely?
Old 17-05-2017, 05:57 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I have a feeling that Parish has a bit more money stashed away than we realise. The only thing I base this hunch on is, Allardyce has stated 6/7 players will be required and Parish has also mentioned negotiations with Liverpool. I don't think Parish would bother with the Sakho talks if he didn't think we had the funds to get all/most of them over the line. It could all be some elaborate plan to get a better deal on some other CB though.
Old 17-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It would be interesting to quantify Sakho's worth to the club. Would we have won the games he played in, if not how much would palace have lost through relegation? If the answer is 30m plus then the club would be spending money that they could have lost getting relegated.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 17-05-2017, 06:17 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
As of August 2016. He'd certainly be in the top 10.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Crikey, British clubs aren't great are buying defenders are we.
Old 17-05-2017, 06:29 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Mama Sakho 2017 Summer Transfer Saga

I get the impression the fee may largely be influenced by the FFP rules, rather than 30m being out of our reach on an affordability basis.

As so completely mad as that sounds, we clearly do have wealthy backers at present and they have unequivocally evidenced they are prepared to spend big on the right players.

The key for me is will he want to come. If he does, I believe Parish will cut a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 17-05-2017, 06:53 AM
The Time Has Come...!

kit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
I get the impression the fee may largely be influenced by the FFP rules, rather than 30m being out of our reach on an affordability basis.

As so completely mad as that sounds, we clearly do have wealthy backers at present and they have unequivocally evidenced they are prepared to spend big on the right players.

The key for me is will he want to come. If he does, I believe Parish will cut a deal.
Liverpool don't 'cut deals'. They will ask for an amount and if we want him we will have to pay it. Back to Benteke last summer...!!
Old 17-05-2017, 07:38 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
this signing would send a big message.....
Old 17-05-2017, 07:41 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
this signing would send a big message.....

Totally agree, with a couple signings I honestly think we can push the top 8.
Old 17-05-2017, 07:49 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I have a feeling that Parish has a bit more money stashed away than we realise. The only thing I base this hunch on is, Allardyce has stated 6/7 players will be required and Parish has also mentioned negotiations with Liverpool. I don't think Parish would bother with the Sakho talks if he didn't think we had the funds to get all/most of them over the line. It could all be some elaborate plan to get a better deal on some other CB though.
I don't think the American's are short of a few quid either...

Clinton Morrison.
Old 17-05-2017, 07:49 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Liverpool's opening gambit of 30M is their starting point of negotiations. IMO that is a pl$$ take, when there are other options potentially available for a more reasonable price.
Parish said yesterday that talks are ongoing with Liverpool. I trust Parish,...and anyway, it's his cash (and a lot of other investors)
Old 17-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit82 View Post
Liverpool don't 'cut deals'. They will ask for an amount and if we want him we will have to pay it. Back to Benteke last summer...!!
Well Liverpool did not seemingly get their asking price for Benteke up front, the amount bring contingent upon conditions.

I expect the same with Sahkho. As I said, I believe the key issue is whether he wants to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 17-05-2017, 08:13 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Wrong I'm afraid.One Sakho better than 2 good cbs by a mile.With Tomkins and Dann with Kelly as back up we don't need another 2 surely?
I agree we don't need 2 CBs as we have Kelly who has proven to be good backup there too. 1 good one is better than quantity, BUT I also agree the money is mental. Kone was raved about just as much last year when playing under Sam. Class won't leave him. Sam could get him for half the price max.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 17-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think we should threaten to buy Steven Caulker instead to make Liverpool drop the asking price.
Old 17-05-2017, 08:19 AM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post

Are the FFP rules still an issue ? I heard last transfer window we were sailing close to the wind but assumed a new season is a clean slate .

Does anyone know what restrictions we may have on us , if any ?
Old 17-05-2017, 08:25 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Liverpool were to sell for 20M i imagine there'd be a whole host of clubs that would want him both here and abroad, the same as was the case with Benteke. To get the player you really want you need to pay more than he's worth to blow these other clubs out of the water.
In Sakho's case he'd make such a difference here both on and off the pitch i reckon its worth doing it if at all possible.
Old 17-05-2017, 08:27 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He would be worth every penny. He had a transformative impact on our play. He's so calm in possession. Compare to Saturday when Kelly and Tomkins (both of whom played well so no criticism intended) often just smashed the ball away. Sakho takes the ball down and calmly retains possession - he often starts counter attacks given his passing is often forwards and accurate. So, I think he's more than just a decent defender. He gives us great balance on the left side too. He would be a massive signing for us.
Old 17-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
30m plus wages would be mental. Not saying we shouldn't do it but equally it's not the no brainer people are saying.

Yes we did it on Benteke but he's our only striker - a position that will always command the biggest premium because scoring goals is always more noticeable than stopping them. While a world class centre half would stop a lot of goals you'd probably get more points from recruiting a world class goalkeeper. Even a premier league class one would be good
Old 17-05-2017, 08:42 AM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
Are the FFP rules still an issue ? I heard last transfer window we were sailing close to the wind but assumed a new season is a clean slate .

Does anyone know what restrictions we may have on us , if any ?

I believe they are judged over a three year period and next season will be year two. We had a 'new slate' last summer which likely helped us get Benteke done.
Old 17-05-2017, 08:44 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think 30 million they are trying to take the piss. Think we should be able to get him for 25 million if it was a normal transfer! But klopp doesn't like him, sakho doesn't like Liverpool. Sakho wants to live in London and his ms deffo does! He was dropped to the u23 side etc so I think 20 million is more resanable! Hopefully he hands a transfer request in and kicks up a fuss!
Closed Thread