Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Think we should threaten to buy Steven Caulker instead to make Liverpool drop the asking price.
Made me chuckle.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that waster end up somewhere like Rangers or Celtic at some point.
Old 17-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
I think 30 million they are trying to take the piss. Think we should be able to get him for 25 million if it was a normal transfer! But klopp doesn't like him, sakho doesn't like Liverpool. Sakho wants to live in London and his ms deffo does! He was dropped to the u23 side etc so I think 20 million is more resanable! Hopefully he hands a transfer request in and kicks up a fuss!

I think it unlikely he will request a transfer as that would forego any payment owed to him by Liverpool.

His behaviour suggests he has been professional and respectful throughout and I would be surprised to see that change now.

In reality Liverpool cannot be asking top dollar and freely admitting he has no future with them at the same time.

The two are not compatible. That means if he wants to come to us, Parish will get him for cheaper than the 30m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 17-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
I think 30 million they are trying to take the piss. Think we should be able to get him for 25 million if it was a normal transfer! But klopp doesn't like him, sakho doesn't like Liverpool. Sakho wants to live in London and his ms deffo does! He was dropped to the u23 side etc so I think 20 million is more resanable! Hopefully he hands a transfer request in and kicks up a fuss!
Me too, 20mil is more than enough. Yes Sakho did well for us but all the others have improved dramatically under BFS's regime.
There's other rated CB's on the move, Kone, Maguire, Gibson and plenty of others across Europe as well.
We can't and I'm sure won't start any negotiations without alternatives.

The midfield need some attention and gk too, we can't blow the budget on 1 player.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:21 AM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think we will get him for 25m and that will be good business.
deadline day
Old 17-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Probationary User

Winterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWinterland sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
deadline day
I can't see him coming on deadline day. One thing that's been impressive about Sam in the transfer window is that he has a list of candidates for each position; he doesn't seem to put all his eggs in one basket. If one turns out to be too expensive or is dragging on then - bam - it's on to the next on the list. I just can't see him going into the new season without a nailed-on quality CB.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterland View Post
I can't see him coming on deadline day. One thing that's been impressive about Sam in the transfer window is that he has a list of candidates for each position; he doesn't seem to put all his eggs in one basket. If one turns out to be too expensive or is dragging on then - bam - it's on to the next on the list. I just can't see him going into the new season without a nailed-on quality CB.
Whilst the CB position needs bolstering, let's not forget we already have Dann, Tomkins and Kelly. It's not like the club is absolutely desperate to sign someone ASAP - we can be discerning and aren't in a position where we can be held to ransom.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Probationary User

CPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkCPFC_forever sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I would pay 30m for him as I don't think you can put a value on how important he is to us and what a difference he makes to our starting 11.

I would go as far as to say that he is up there with Wilf as to how important he is so if we can secure his signature in addition to Wilf signing a new contract that would be a very successful window for us presuming we make a few other signings to help the team/squad (GK, RB, ATCM, ST).

We already have a great attacking front line that will score goals with Benteke, Wilf and Andros and therefore if we are able to stop the goals coming in, which Sakho has proved he is essential in helping with, then we can beat anyone. This was proved against Chelsea, Arsenal, West Brom, Boro, Watford etc.

I can see us pushinh into the top 10, possinly top 8 if we sign Sakho, keep Wilf and sign 2/3 other decent players.

In short...sign him up ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
deadline day
They'll want to get rid of him ASAP to free funds, esp as he's crocked.
If we think he'll recover from his injury, I imagine we'll stick in an early bid and get one with it. We will also have a plan and a budget to stick to.
Old 17-05-2017, 10:41 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sakho elevates the players around him including Wayne, when he plays the rest of the defence are playing like they cost 5 mill more a head.

25 mill for Sakho is a steal
Old 17-05-2017, 11:03 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
deadline day
We won't hold out until deadline day on his one
Old 17-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I cannot seriously believe we would pay 30m for him. I think someone will though.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:23 AM

Maidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I cannot seriously believe we would pay 30m for him. I think someone will though.
I think a lot depends on how ambitious our American billionaire owners are....
Old 17-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
deadline day
Will be amazed if Sam lets a key signing like this go until deadline day.

If it's to be done, I expect it to be done early pre-season. Our lack of preparation for this season was half our problem this year and I can;t see that being allowed to happen again.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc View Post
I think a lot depends on how ambitious our American billionaire owners are....
Maybe, but the Jan money had to be found from somewhere, which may have an impact on summer budgets
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:26 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I don't think anyone will. Liverpool don't want him. No club will pay what they want.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:26 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is going to run and run for 3 months. Painful.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't think it will - Klopp will want rid ASAP to free the funds up for other spending. Given his performances for us, I expect it to all move fairly quickly once the season officially ends - it wouldn't even surprise me if we hadn't started contact after Sunday's game, when safety was confirmed.

That is, assuming we are interested in a permanent deal?

Wonder if he'll sit in with the fans on Sunday

Edit: Liverpool-supporting boss reckons they'll play hardball over the price (much like with Benteke), as he's pi$$ed the club off a bit, and they'll just do the same back.

Last edited by FourtyTwo; 17-05-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:41 AM

Miklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just hope that bigger clubs are put off by his perceived attitude problem (which only seems to have been a good thing for improving our lack of defensive confidence!)

Unless one of the top 6 (or European equivalent) come in for him, I think our bargaining position is good. The only leverage they have is that we really want him!
Old 17-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And they wonder why the world think scousers are scum……
Opportunist grab what you can at any cost even if they ruin a players career by pricing him out of the market.
Liverpool paid 16m for Sakho a player they have been playing in the under 23’s because he fell out with Flopp.
A player that before his time at Palace they were looking for circa 20m for giving them a 2m profit now because he did so well with us they want to hold us to ransom!!!
30m…. 14m profit on a player who they didn’t even play!
Yes I get he’s their player and all that crap but this is just typical scouse scumbag attitude guess they even thick they are the victims in this losing a player that they thought would be great for them until Flopp threw his toys out the pram……Big man!
Sakho did a great job for us and without him I’m sure we would have gone but 30m plus 4m a year in wages is huge (30% of our annual income) but the greed of the scummy wannabe scousers makes me sick.
Tinpot self-entitled win nothing media big club with an ever reducing global market due to their lack of success……Long may it continue can’t wait for their mid-table mediocrity to hit home in the next few seasons.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:04 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
The sooner he sets off fireworks in his own bathroom, shoots a Liverpool youth player with an air rifle or smacks a team mate with a golf club, the sooner he'll be riding his giraffe all the way down the M6...whilst stroking a lion, naturally.