Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-05-2017, 09:08 AM
the lovely river mole

jolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjolly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Marco Silva resigns from Hull, appointed as new Watford manager

just reported on talk sport our new manager possibly ?
Old 25-05-2017, 09:19 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Hard call. Seems to have potential but he (and his team) were utterly clueless at Selhurst. I put him in a box with Moyes and Ranieri as damaged goods in need of rehabilitation. Any of them could be very good but each of them could be relegation fodder.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 25-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Hard call. Seems to have potential but he (and his team) were utterly clueless at Selhurst. I put him in a box with Moyes and Ranieri as damaged goods in need of rehabilitation. Any of them could be very good but each of them could be relegation fodder.
Their performances against Sunderland and us were quite bizarre. They'd done all the hard work clawing their way back into contention with a highly unlikely run of form, then failed to turn up at all in either game.

Worrying when a team shows absolutely no fight in such important games.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Really, Hugh?
I think he would be very good for us. He's young and has succeeded everywhere, though I guess ultimately at Hull, he failed. He would have a lot more to work with at Palace (and I think he would probably be pleased to work with the backroom staff we already have).
Old 25-05-2017, 09:28 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
They were worse than Pardew from conceding set-pieces, diabolical zonal marking. They conceded 3 goals or more on 9 occasions.... including the that last game humiliation.

Sounds like a backwards step to me. And regression back to the sort of frustrating football Pardew was producing.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Tactically he has more in common with Allardyce than with Pardew, solide defence and quick counter attacks.
Remember we did get well humped by Sunderland and Man City under Allardyce. And I think we were lucky that Manyoo had their mionds on other things, as well.

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When Silva arrived Hull sold two of their best players, which made a shit squad even worse. They then brought in a load of players who had never played in the Premier League, mostly on loan. There was a pissed off fanbase who hated their owners. They were bottom of the league.

I think we could do a lot worse. There's a reason Hull fans sung his name for near enough the whole game at Selhurst. I'm not saying he'd be my first choice, I'd rather Ranieri or Mancini, but he did a better job than anyone expected when he arrived at Hull so I'd be happy if we got him in.
Keep calm and follow Roy

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Bit harsh

Hull were relegation fodder anyway, but he made them competitive 27 points from 21 games before the dead rubber spurs game

Edit : Some wins were Cup so 21 points from 18 PL games

Last edited by JAS78; 25-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:31 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Given that Hull was his first PL experience I thought he did a really good job there.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:32 AM

DiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiagonalStripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Their performances against Sunderland and us were quite bizarre. They'd done all the hard work clawing their way back into contention with a highly unlikely run of form, then failed to turn up at all in either game.

Sounds like another team I support lol
Old 25-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post

From the highlights I saw against Sunderland, they battered them
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Really, Hugh?
I think he would be very good for us. He's young and has succeeded everywhere, though I guess ultimately at Hull, he failed. He would have a lot more to work with at Palace (and I think he would probably be pleased to work with the backroom staff we already have).
TBH when he arrived there the club was in awful shape and so although he didn't avoid relegation, it's tough not to be impressed by how close he got to saving them. The capitulation in the last 3 games was a surprise after getting into the driving seat but injuries didn't help.
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
He's top of our list.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:35 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Interesting mix of unqualified (including mine) opinions.. I wonder what the consensus would be if his surname was Pritchard or Smith.

Conceded 3 or more goals on 9 occasions... and last three games

0-2
4-0
1-7

Sounds to me like he never got to grips with the job at all. They won a few though - but is that enough?

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
He has my backing if he comes, wont lie that I have some concerns over things like Hulls away form but we probably have the better players to improve that already.

As for activating his release clause, he was going to do that regardless. Wouldnt read too much into it.

@RisZero

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Almost identical record to Allardyce's with us.
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally not over keen on him but think he did a good job at Hull considering the very limited squad he had.

Biggest concern would be when the team were really up against it he then lost to Sunderland and then meekly to us in consecutive games. Okay, we lost to Sunderland as well at home but thankfully that was the wake up call everyone needed and we had the time to change it around.

Anyway if it is him, I am sure we will all give him our total support - for a few games at least for some.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
He's top of my list.
That's better
Old 25-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Friskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pretty much got the same amount amount of points as BFS with a much much worse side. What's not to like?

Great appointment.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:38 AM
Middle class left.

Getting to the last three games of the season with a chance of staying up was an achievement with those players. Are there any you would want to see starting in Palace's first team? They sold their best player in January!