Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Torn on this one. I was impressed with what he managed at Hull, but I don't like zonal marking and am disturbed at his last team's lack of fight against us.

I'm also concerned we don't know his knowledge in the transfer market, which let's be honest, is key for us this summer.

On the plus side, he's young and might actually stay more than one season.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:44 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Certainly would be a popular appointment in my household

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-05-2017, 09:47 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he would be a great appointment for us. His career so far has been very impressive, particularly what he achieved at Estoril.

You can point to the last few games at Hull as a bit of a collapse but he did so well to even give a very poor team a chance of staying up (plus that worked out well for us).
Old 25-05-2017, 09:48 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Get him in. Keep little Sam to drill the defensive side of things and buy Sakho and Markovic for 25m from Liverpool. Sorted.

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
I'm also concerned we don't know his knowledge in the transfer market, which let's be honest, is key for us this summer.
I was thinking this myself. Made some good signings at Hull but was likely on a shoestring budget, no idea what he would be like with money (he could be great of course)

Quote:
If I recall his average time at any club as a manager is under 1.5 years

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
Pretty much got the same amount amount of points as BFS with a much much worse side. What's not to like?

Great appointment.
I think he remains an unknown quantity when it comes to the premier league though. The performances under big sam were not all good by any stretch of the imagination but the upturn and the context of what big sam has achieved in the premier league previously leaves less room for doubt.

I wouldn't feel unhappy with Silva but I would certainly have some feelings of heading into the unknown.

Ranieri or Hodgson would be disastrous if you ask me. They would represent big mistakes.

Last edited by scro; 25-05-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Torn on this one. I was impressed with what he managed at Hull, but I don't like zonal marking and am disturbed at his last team's lack of fight against us.

I think he's considered to be a bit of a Clough, taking players who are out of favour or down on their luck and getting them to perform way above their previous level. He's also supposed to be very leticulous in preparation for games. I'm glad we're talking to him. Not sure he's married to zonal marking, I though he inherited that but I could be wrong.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:50 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Can we not just pay the extra and get Sean Dyche? Far more proven and can set up a defence.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:51 AM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
If I recall his average time at any club as a manager is under 1.5 years
This includes the time at Sporting where he got the sack for wearing the wrong suit....
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Meticulous, rather than leticulous, though for all I know he may be that as well.

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why would SP who did evrything right with getting SA in suddenly get another manager who can't defend? Hull were dreadful when it really mattered against us and were lucky in many of those home wins (which I watched). He had nothing to lose in that Hull job as they were down anyway. No pressure. Why would we be getting a "think he may be good" manager when we've just lost a "we know he's good and we know we'll stay in this league again next season" guy? Very nervous about all these reports we could be turning back into a comedy club very shortly. He just got relegation on the CV and Palace rush in for him. Excellent.

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:

Not if we're in the Championship though.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:52 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmushroom came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
Pretty much got the same amount amount of points as BFS with a much much worse side. What's not to like?

Great appointment.

Yep. He did well with a shit squad of players. People need to look at his whole body of work
Old 25-05-2017, 09:52 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Their performances against Sunderland and us were quite bizarre. They'd done all the hard work clawing their way back into contention with a highly unlikely run of form, then failed to turn up at all in either game.

Worrying when a team shows absolutely no fight in such important games.
While I agree this is worrying there isn't much a manager can do - save put his team through sports Psychologist...once the brain crumbles under pressure thre is very little that can be done to retreve the situation....like under Pardew and Sunderland at home...
Old 25-05-2017, 09:53 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Joins Watford page 6
Old 25-05-2017, 09:53 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Can we not just pay the extra and get Sean Dyche? Far more proven and can set up a defence.
How is he far more proven?

Before losing at home to Sunderland, Silva was unbeaten in 41 home games. He was managing Hull. The team who could barely field 11 players at the start of the season.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:54 AM

Thefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Joins Watford page 6
Quite possible
Old 25-05-2017, 09:55 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Seen some talk that Dyche actually wants the job too, and its a swoop that could end up relegating a rival, so id be happy with it

No idea how much it would cost though
Old 25-05-2017, 09:59 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I think he remains an unknown quantity when it comes to the premier league though. The performances under big same were not all good by any stretch of the imagination but the upturn and the context of what big sam has achieved in the premier league previously leaves less room for doubt.

I wouldn't feel unhappy with Silva but I would certainly have some feelings of heading into the unknown.

Ranieri or Hodgson would be disastrous if you ask me. They would represent big mistakes.
He has done very well elsewhere as well though. He's not stayed at a club very long, it's time for him to do 2-3+ seasons at a club. I think it's a good fit. It would be moving a little bit into the unknown but I don't want another Warnock (Coleman/Hodgson/Ranieri etc.). Now's the time to take a slight risk.

I don't think Mancini or Dyche would want the job and every other name mentioned has been uninspiring (IMO). We're lucky Silva is available.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not fussed either way. If he comes think if it will be a decent appointment , if not won't be losing too much sleep over it.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller