Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
How is he far more proven?

Before losing at home to Sunderland, Silva was unbeaten in 41 home games. He was managing Hull. The team who could barely field 11 players at the start of the season.
It was very impressive. Personally not that keen on the zonal marking thing but if you have the right players and discipline for it, it obviously can work - just looks stupid when it fails He is hardly a one trick pony either and so I would think he is a good option.

Anyone but Pearson for me.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:17 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_cpfc View Post
Let's be honest, would any of you have considered Marco Silva if he wasn't at Hull?

How many of you had actually heard of him pre-January? Hmm...

I wouldn't consider any manager I hadn't heard of, however we have now heard of him. Everyone was unknown once.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh god the zonal marking.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:19 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
I'm not going to lie, the 4-0 and 7-1 has put me off.

Before that though I had thought he was a revelutionary football genius. I also once thought this about Iain Dowie.
Hull really were poor though and its a real surprise they werent bottom of the table all season, especially after losing Snodgrass.....
Old 25-05-2017, 10:20 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Before Sam came in, I seem to remember a lot of fans moaning that he was a dinosaur and that we should be going for a young, progressive manager.

After a taste of Sam, it seems like a lot of fans are now a bit nervous about the thought of a a young, progressive manager. I think anyone we appoint will feel like a risk because Sam did a good job in steadying the ship, but I think it's worth giving Silva a try. He's not perfect, but he has plenty of positives.

As someone said earlier in the thread, a decent measure for players/managers is what the fans of their previous club think (the ones that watched them week in and week out). The Hull fans have a high opinion of him.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:21 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
We already have a side pretty much set up to how he likes to play:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

That has to be a positive?
Not a fan Friskey. Not sure why, but just got a real bad feeling about this one.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemour View Post
Not being funny, we're surely a better bet than Watford who change their manager every 5 mins.
Think of that guaranteed severance pay he's going to get after he inevitably gets sacked after taking them to a top half finish though. And then he can move back to Portugal or over to Spain or wherever he wants to go with a **** load of free cash.

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Hull really were poor though and its a real surprise they werent bottom of the table all season, especially after losing Snodgrass.....
Yes, they lost Snodgrass, Livermoore and Mason. 3 big players for them.

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Seen some talk that Dyche actually wants the job too, and its a swoop that could end up relegating a rival, so id be happy with it

No idea how much it would cost though
That's a good point. Silva or Dyche I'll be very happy with either.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:23 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Getting to the last three games of the season with a chance of staying up was an achievement with those players. Are there any you would want to see starting in Palace's first team? They sold their best player in January!
They sold their best two players to Wst Ham and Brom respectively then had chronic injuries to the smallest squad in the league.

Hull started the season with 7 points and then basically lost for the next 4 months, he performed a minor miracle to get them in the least bit competitive.

I can't think of a better fit than Silva. Again would love to her Luka's opinion on him. Given he won the league under him
Old 25-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Buying BFS a pint of wine

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Bit harsh

Hull were relegation fodder anyway, but he made them competitive 27 points from 21 games before the dead rubber spurs game
I'll correct that as some of his wins must be Cup games

SSN just stated 21 points from 18 games, still not a bad return
Old 25-05-2017, 10:25 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
Before Sam came in, I seem to remember a lot of fans moaning that he was a dinosaur and that we should be going for a young, progressive manager.

After a taste of Sam, it seems like a lot of fans are now a bit nervous about the thought of a a young, progressive manager. I think anyone we appoint will feel like a risk because Sam did a good job in steadying the ship, but I think it's worth giving Silva a try. He's not perfect, but he has plenty of positives.

As someone said earlier in the thread, a decent measure for players/managers is what the fans of their previous club think (the ones that watched them week in and week out). The Hull fans have a high opinion of him.
I think this is like being the next boyfriend after a cheating wife beater. The girl and her friends and family are just relieved you don't beat her up and try and **** her sister. It's not neccesarily an indication you are great bloke.

I say this all the while kind of thinking he might be one of the best options.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:25 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
He's top of our list.

Rather we went all out for Dyche as he fits us much better.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:27 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I like Silva. Would genuinely be upset if he turns us down.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Again would love to her Luka's opinion on him. Given he won the league under him
Old 25-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
It was very impressive. Personally not that keen on the zonal marking thing but if you have the right players and discipline for it, it obviously can work - just looks stupid when it fails He is hardly a one trick pony either and so I would think he is a good option.

Anyone but Woy for me.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
We already have a side pretty much set up to how he likes to play:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

That has to be a positive?
I read that earlier and it does seems a surprisingly good fit from the 'words' at least. The real issue which is never in these articles - can he both lead and manage in the fullest sense of the word. A huge amount of this job is about orchestrating and organising the elements of the wider club supporting the team. No one can do that on their own - and they have to be able to manage through a team.

He comes across as eloquent and intelligent and does that collar up thing and so he must be 'cool'.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:29 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

That's one of the problems I had with the chap, they looked so vulnerable at set plays and no one conceded more than them from them last season.

I thought he seemed extremely organised prior to the last two games, then looked a bit uninspiring in both when things started to go wrong.

That would be the only two issues I have with him.
Old 25-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
That's a good point. Silva or Dyche I'll be very happy with either.
Perfect
Old 25-05-2017, 10:33 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
I think we need to remember a few things before people get too hung up on the 4-0 result.

1) Hull HAD to win that day. They couldn't sit back and defend well. going 1-0 early was disastrous (that was a cock up) and had to come at us with a blunt attacking force. They got stretched and we picked them off.

2) On paper, the players in our team compared to Hull was quite stark AND we had Big Sam drilling the tactics into the side for a week.

3) Lest we forget the awful results that we produced under some of SA's reign? 4-0 at home to Sunderland was particularly atrocious.

I'd welcome Silva. Cautiously as he is a bit of an unknown, but with a full summer and a talented squad he could do a cracking job.