Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-05-2017, 06:11 AM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
20 years ago today; 26 May 1997

"Hopkin.....looking to curl one!"

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 26-05-2017, 06:47 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That goal was my single best ever moment as a Palace fan.
Old 26-05-2017, 07:09 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
20 years....really, it's been 20 years?!!

I remember it so clearly, and celebrating with such relief afterwards.

Having lost at the end of the previous final, that whole match was hard to enjoy until that one moment...and then we all went nuts!
Old 26-05-2017, 08:23 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
fecking dull game, the Palace end upped the chanting with about 10 minutes to go, still think that turned the game our way.
Old 26-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sgt Pepper taught the band to play.
Old 26-05-2017, 06:05 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
American guy on FB says a palace fan gave him a ticket and he was hooked after that.

Anyone gonna own up to that?
Old 27-05-2017, 03:03 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
fecking dull game, the Palace end upped the chanting with about 10 minutes to go, still think that turned the game our way.
Yep

Unforgettable

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 27-05-2017, 05:56 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
The second time I cried at Wembley..... The first was Abide with Me 1990. The game just marked the end of the first battle following a heart attack. The first game after it was the previous seasons Final and despite the shin it was one of the few games where just being there meant so much.
A year then spent battling back to fitness despite a couple of set backs, getting back to work, travelling to games.
I thought the Final meant another day out another being there more important. At the final whistle I just cried my eyes out we were back in the top flight I was back. In some respects its one of my top 5 games ever.
Old 27-05-2017, 06:54 AM

lee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelee_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Probably the best atmosphere ever at a palace game away from selhurst especially that last ten minutes it's like we sucked the ball in.

Actually felt sorry for the Sheffield united fans outside afterwards with what happened with us a year before.

Great party at the Clifton that night. When it actually was a decent pub

What a day
Old 27-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I still think that's the loudest i've ever heard us.
Old 28-05-2017, 07:45 AM
Mods Rule!!!

whyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewhyteleafeeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Stevie Coppell's red n blue army - is there any footage of the 2nd half cause I've looked everywhere

twitter@WhyteleafeEagle
Old 28-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYASSA the PALACETINIAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never, ever experienced such a 10 minute high, after the Hopkin curler. Absolute euphoric pandemonium broke out all around us.....total strangers embracing like long lost relatives on Pogo sticks.
And the memory of Claridge's shinned fluke 12 months earlier consigned to the trash can.
Unforgettable...
Old 28-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Model for Ruddock & Molby

TWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My partners first ever Palace game, and she enjoyed it so much (especially the level of noise from the support) she became hooked on Palace (even though she's still got a soft spot for Burnley).

We lived near Epping at the time, but on the day had to visit family at Stanmore so she convinced me to get the tube from there - unfortunately, Sheffield United had run a whole convoy of coaches to Stanmore, from where they caught the tube as well, avoiding the obvious crush back to London. I rocked up in my Palace shirt and for a few moments, from the looks we were getting, I seriously thought I was going to get pasted, but the United fans were terrific and in the car park after the game were saying 'well done, good luck next season'.

I generally hate play off matches, I get so tense and wound up before and during them that I never really enjoyed any that I've been to, but that last few minutes and the hour after the final whistle were among the best moments in my time supporting the club.
Old 28-05-2017, 12:02 PM

Northern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorthern_palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It was a full game. I remember dean Gordon coming over to the palace fans when he took a throw in with about 15 mins to go trying to get everyone going.

It's amazing how vivid the memory still is of that day. When the ball came back out to hopkin I remember thinking to myself that he just needed to put the ball back in the danger area and don't shoot! Shows how much I knew!!
Old 28-05-2017, 12:07 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Always worth seeing Simon Tracey's face after the goal, a picture
Old 28-05-2017, 12:32 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
If you could draw a line with a ruler from the ball on Hopkin's boot, through where it finished in the net right up to the top of the non tunnel end at the old Wembley, that line would end with me.

I remember watching the ball coming straight towards us in slow motion. I could see it was going in from about half way. Great day

And that kit
Old 28-05-2017, 01:00 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I missed being there in person. The next day was my last exam at uni at 9am, I just couldn't risk it. Watched it in the student union, no other palace present...
Still feels like yesterday, 20 years since I finished uni, feel old.
Old 28-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNRM the 2nd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Will never have a better wembley trip than that, the old stadium, wembley way a mass of colour in the sunshine, not a confidence but a feeling that due to the pain the year before, this one would be different, then that goal. Amazing
Old 28-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember the first leg of the semi so clearly. I can barely recall a thing about the final bar the winner and the fact the guys that ran my local chip shop were in the row in front.
Old 28-05-2017, 03:36 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bruce Dyer's Adidas cut...