Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 01-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Nix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Avant garde and brilliant glam rock.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Regatta de Blanc - The Police

Just squeezes in as releases at the end of 1979. My fave album of all time.

Other ones I liked

Deceptive Bends - 10cc
Communique - Dire Straits
Tonic for the troops - boomtown rats
Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM

JimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmyAG came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just a Poke - Sweet Smoke
Old 01-06-2017, 03:57 PM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has to be either :-
New Boots and Panties - Ian Dury & the Blockheads or
London Calling - The Clash
Old 01-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Del Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againDel Martian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Of course there are way too many...a fantastic decade for music.
I've tried to compile a list of albums based on criteria that, honestly, keeps changing... distinctly 70s, stood the test of time, groundbreaking, mega sellers...
In the end it's a bit of all of the above. I have most of them, some I'll never own, but they are not necessarily my favorites :

Van Morrison - Moondance
Derek & the Dominoes - Layla and other assorted love songs
James Taylor - Sweet Baby James
Carole King - Tapestry
Led Zeppelin - IV
John Lennon - Imagine
Lou Reed - Transformer
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust...
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
Bob Marley - Burnin'
Eagles - Hotel California
Queen - Night at the Opera
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the key of life
Sex Pistols - Never mind the bollocks
Clash - Clash
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Blondie - Parallel Lines
Ian Dury & the Blockheads - New boots & panties
Saturday Night Fever (Original Soundtrack)
Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
Old 01-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhallandhisbasque View Post
Travelogue - The Human League
Wrong decade mate - was released in 1980.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:08 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is something about Rumors by fleetwood mac - i play it most weeks - and im only 32 years old
Old 01-06-2017, 08:15 PM

xmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxmasape came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Cramps -Gravest Hits
Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 PM

neildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineneildp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh wow some beauties mentioned and heard every one but one that takes me back and is melodic and harmonic and brilliant is Fog on the Tyne by Lindisfarne
Old 01-06-2017, 09:09 PM

Nix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhallandhisbasque View Post
2nd Top Five:

Pure Mania - The Vibrators
Travelogue - The Human League
Say It Ain't So - Murray Head
Teaser and the Firecat - Cat Stevens
Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
- Devo
Oh yes, and Tea for the Tiller Man is also great from the former hippy god.
The devo album is nuts but worth a mention.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
These probably aren't the best but they're my favourites and I still play them in my dotage.

After the Gold Rush - Neil Young
Stormcock - Roy Harper
Blue - Joni Mitchell
Desire - Bob Dylan
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Wrong decade mate - was released in 1980.
Indeed it was. I'd been transported back to Eastern Gas in Enfield in 1979 - my first job as a lowly office clerk with a red face and my own stamp and how Reproduction helped me get through each dreadful day as I played it over and over and over again when I got home after another shift of isolated 'check bypass seal' queue for the tea wagon at 2 p.m. sharp torment. So for some reason, I moved the great Travelogue back to the same year as Reproduction.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper Mabbutt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So many, so so many...

Dark Side Of The Moon / Wish You Were Here / The Wall - Pink Floyd
Tapestry - Carole King
Queen 2 / Night At The Opera - Queen
Ziggy / Hunky Dory / Aladdin Sane - David Bowie
lll / IV - Led Zeppelin
Blue - Joni Mitchell
Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
Let It Be - The Beatles
Outlandos d'Amour - The Police
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
The Kick Inside - Kate Bush
Darkness On The Edge Of Town - Bruce Springsteen
London Calling - The Clash
Band On The Run - Wings

And I best leave it there. Could go on and on

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.

Last edited by Super Mabbutt; 01-06-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Very hard decision. For starters, in no particular order,

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
Night At The Opera - Queen
Bat Out Of Hell - Meatloaf
Moving Waves - Focus
Original Soundtrack - 10 cc.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM

justjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
James Brown - The Payback
Old 02-06-2017, 02:16 PM

cheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happycheesie gave me sunshine, made me happy
Frampton comes alive
rising - rainbow
Old 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope

Edit: whoops, sorry, I thought I was on the 80's thread!

Last edited by Stellavista; 03-06-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:34 PM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Frampton comes alive
Truly an awesome album

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 02-06-2017, 02:57 PM

Herb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHerb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can's Tago Mago and Ege Bamyasi
Old 02-06-2017, 03:15 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Frampton comes alive
Forgot about that one