Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:15 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'll give an example. We recently got a PSVR. I sat in an X Wing shooting at Tie fighters.
To me, that's as game defining as when my mum and dad bought home an Ingersoll dedicated Pong console.

Off you go.....
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 PM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe not quite what the OP means but for me GTA San Andreas totally changed things for me,dated now of course but at the time it was amazing and fresh.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:25 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coveta View Post
Maybe not quite what the OP means but for me GTA San Andreas totally changed things for me,dated now of course but at the time it was amazing and fresh.
No that is exactly what I meant.
Great choice!
Old 04-06-2017, 10:31 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shinobi
Old 04-06-2017, 10:31 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Final Fantasy 7 for me too, the story line was class and the fact it was played across four disks and took umpteen hours to complete yet remained enjoyable was a literal game changer IMO.

The ones before never had the same impact and the ones after were only in demand because of FF7's success.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:34 PM

Both the above...brilliant.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 PM

I'd like to add Moon Cresta.
I spent far too many hours in the back of the record shop down Portland Road getting my initials on the high score when I should've been at school in Stanley Tech.
And that's why I'm a moron.
But very good at Moon Cresta.

Last edited by Coastal Palace; 04-06-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 PM
What?

sheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Command & Conquer. Obviously as a PC game initially, but specifically as when it was out on consile (PS I think) actually took console and telly to friends house to have multi player battles. Epic.
Sensible World of Soccer.
Championship Manager (93)
Driver and Vice City was first story based games I became immersed in.
PES n then Fifa.
And id chuck the New Zelda on the switch in there... cant believe a game could still grip me the way that has!

Great thread.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:19 AM

People are starting to get the idea of this thread. It's not a 'best of.'
For example, I'll never forget the feeling the first time I walked into Hyrule Field.
Magical stuff.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:28 AM

Or met Epona.

I really need to grow up!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:30 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mario 64 changed everything.

PS2 Online Play and then subsequently Xbox Live

COD 4 changed the FPS genre forever.

I am going to say the Switch is a defining moment. The ability to play AAA titles on the move is insane.

Minecraft is one of the best games ever.

Rutilus quod Puteulanus

www.smartipx.com
Old 05-06-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl.eldridge View Post
Mario 64 changed everything.

PS2 Online Play and then subsequently Xbox Live

COD 4 changed the FPS genre forever.

I am going to say the Switch is a defining moment. The ability to play AAA titles on the move is insane.

Minecraft is one of the best games ever.
Mario Kart 8 on the move.
Nothing finer.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:48 AM

Sorry to go on but the first time I plugged a cartridge into the Atari VCS.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:01 AM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Metal Gear Solid on the PS1
Old 05-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Finish him - Mortal Combat - Once you mastered it, it was incredibly satisfying. Once the words "Finish Him" rang out and the screen dimmed, the pressure was on. Some were complicated, some were easy, but all required expert timing. Once perfected, there was no better way to humiliate an arrogant school mate than by removing their spine like perfectly-steamed Dover sole.

Hadouken - SFII. Once you learn't it, it was never forgotten. Being able to pull-off a Hadouken successfully is one of gaming's few indispensable skills. 25 years on and it is still satisfying and I can hear many of you muttering that immortal saying now.

Mario 3 - We all know Mario 2 was originally produced as doki doki panic, before the design team then filtered in the Mario characters. Mario 2 had mixed reviews, before the producers went back to basics for Mario 3 and the step up was simply amazing particularly for a NES title. Still my favourite Mario game to this day and the additions to this series took the game too the next level
Old 05-06-2017, 08:08 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Daley Thompson's Decathlon - on C64 !
Old 05-06-2017, 08:11 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep, this!

As well as Manic Miner (Spectrum) and International Soccer (C64)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Daley Thompson's Decathlon - on C64 !
Old 05-06-2017, 08:26 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of my great gaming moments was the Spectre Ceremony in the original ME, can't stand the game now but at the time I thought that was pretty immense as the universe was now my oyster.

Probably then also a few hours into ME2 when I went from not liking it to realising it was infinitely better than ME1 in the space of about 10 minutes. So glad I didn't give up on it straight away.

Also remember spending many many happy hours playing NHL 97 on the SNES during summer holidays.

As a game changer how about the original Gran Turismo, what a game that was.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
One of my great gaming moments was the Spectre Ceremony in the original ME, can't stand the game now but at the time I thought that was pretty immense as the universe was now my oyster.

Probably then also a few hours into ME2 when I went from not liking it to realising it was infinitely better than ME1 in the space of about 10 minutes. So glad I didn't give up on it straight away.

Also remember spending many many happy hours playing NHL 97 on the SNES during summer holidays.

As a game changer how about the original Gran Turismo, what a game that was.

Agree.

ME2 was such a fantastic game. Getting your whole squad through the suicide mission was such a good feeling.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:35 AM

Uncharted.
This game wasn't really heralded before its release.
I loved it like I've loved the others. For once we had a game that had endearing characters who weren't annoying.