Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:47 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Being old enough to see the whole thing from its birth, playing ping pong on a black and white tv, there have been many defining moments in the gaming world.
Artari started the home console generation, they pioneered arcade gaming at home, followed by the Sega mega drive and of course the N64.
There are so many ground breaking games though depending on your taste, for me PES changed the whole football console landscape, Fifa would be the Fifa we have today without PES.
The first COD was just brilliant, real ground breaking stuff, al;ong with the first Resident Evil which took gaming a new route and spawn many games after ie Silent hill/
Old 05-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With regards Atari, I read a great book a few years ago called The Fall And Rise Of Nintendo by David Sheff.
There was a chapter about Atari. What a company to work for at their peak! They were on the waccy tobaccy most of the time and the board meetings were a riot.
No wonder they went bust.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me it's a funny one but it was the first time I saw Dragon's Lair.
I saw it in an arcade and it was the first time I'd seen what I thought was proper 3D perspective.
It then came out on the Spectrum 128. The gamplay was awful but suddenly it seemed that games were no longer "flat" !!
Old 05-06-2017, 09:17 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Super Mario 64 was Incredible, when it came out it was unreal.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Monkey Shadow

simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!simplex has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Completing Mario3 for the first time... one (long) lunchtime in the Ship
Completing Ocinara of time after months on the Gameboy...

both immense sense of achievement
Old 05-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
Super Mario 64 was Incredible, when it came out it was unreal.
Amazing game.
It came out many months before the UK release in Japan.
My local games import shop had one on demo the day it was released in Japan. I stopped by on my way home from work that night to have a go and spent half an hour making Mario run around the castle grounds.
I bought it the next day.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Resident Evil 4 was also fantastic.

Subtle.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:20 AM

jimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterjimjams worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Heavy Rain as I'd never played that type of choice-based game before. Immersive story too.

Resident Evil. That POV cutscene of the Hunter following you back into the mansion from the gardens will stay with me.

Shadow of the Colossus. Bleak and ultimately depressing but one of the best-looking games I'd seen at the time.

Dead Rising for the weapon combos and hilarious ways of killing zombies. Laser sword anyone?

The masochist in me enjoyed the Demon Souls/Dark Souls repeatedly kicking my arse.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Playing a Galaxian level loading screen for Ridge Racer on PSX.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:33 AM

And I'm sure that if you cleared the level you unlocked a car.
In the days when Namco were great.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:40 AM

jj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjj62255 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Civilization
Elite
Doom
C&C
Half-Life

Probably many more I've forgottten
Old 05-06-2017, 11:58 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think I would struggle to get my list down to just ten but Counter Strike alone is worthy of a mention, being one - if not the best - competitive multiplayer games for coming up to 20 years. Crazy longevity.

Banjo-Kazooie also worth a vote for a game that was fantastic and ushered in the golden age for Rare, albeit for a dying genre of game.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:21 PM
chemical olympics

humpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
sonic the Hedgehog

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 05-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
CIV V
FFVII
Red Dead Redemption
GTAV
Suikoden I & II
Old 05-06-2017, 12:48 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim's Cannon View Post
For me it's a funny one but it was the first time I saw Dragon's Lair.
I saw it in an arcade and it was the first time I'd seen what I thought was proper 3D perspective.
It then came out on the Spectrum 128. The gamplay was awful but suddenly it seemed that games were no longer "flat" !!
It was essentially a cartoon on a laser disc, that you made play through different scenes depending on what you did with joystick/buttons. The "graphics" therefore looked about 10 years ahead of its time, but they weren't really graphics at all. Still it was mind blowing at the time.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Jet Set Willy.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 05-06-2017, 12:56 PM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjams View Post
Dead Rising for the weapon combos and hilarious ways of killing zombies. Laser sword anyone?
Dildo gun was always a good one!

The bit that got me most in any game was Dom's death in Gears of War 3. You knew it was coming, but jeez...

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 05-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wipeout
Old 05-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Super Mario World on the SNES is still my favourite game ever. Sheer perfection, great learning curve and satisfying when all 96 levels were found. Those Special levels were bastard hard.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
Jet Set Willy.

now we're talking, such a unique game with a diverse plot. Am I right in thinking you couldn't actually complete the game?
Road rash was groundbreaking in my opinion as well.