Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 22-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No trendy record shop for me. My first memory is buying eps in Rumbelows

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 22-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What was the name of the record shop in Market Square Bromley in the 80's?

EDIT - Bonaparte

Last edited by Johnnieboy; 22-10-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 22-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I miss Hermlyns top of Eltham High Street, fantastic record shop with all its listening booths and great choice of vinyl.Purchased many albums and singles out of there, happy days.
Old 22-10-2017, 09:14 AM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
Was a great independent record shop at the end of South Norwood high street back in the seventies near the clock tower. Can't for the life of me remember it's name!
My mum bought my first records from there, queen and michael jackson.

Anyone down west sussex there looks to be a record shop opening up in chichester.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 22-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Regular teenage haunts was Treble Clef in Sydenham and Our Price in the Lewisham precinct....along with monthly trips to Bluebird records in Paddington for Jazz Funk imports.

When I worked in Croydon I could always be found in Beanos during my lunch breaks.
Old 22-10-2017, 09:55 AM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i just used to like skiving school and going up to Oxford street HMV, looking through the thousands of mainly dance CDs on offer and regularly buying hundreds of pounds worth (when i got my first job).

Also of course Beanos. Not into vinyl when i was younger which iam gutted about.
Old 25-10-2017, 06:48 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post

EDIT - Bonaparte
There was one in Croydon too if I remember rightly
Old 25-10-2017, 06:56 AM

Flightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Regular teenage haunts was Treble Clef in Sydenham and Our Price in the Lewisham precinct....along with monthly trips to Bluebird records in Paddington for Jazz Funk imports.

When I worked in Croydon I could always be found in Beanos during my lunch breaks.
Chequers records Lee high road for me. Terry used to get them within two days of me hearing them at a club.
Old 25-10-2017, 07:03 AM

Polak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
There was one in Croydon too if I remember rightly
Almost next to East Croydon station. There was also a Virgin opposite as well.
Old 25-10-2017, 07:07 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
Was into all facets of dance music when i was younger and a lot of my time, and money, was spent in various record shops - Wax City and Apple in Croydon, Blackmarket in Soho and Remix (I tjink) in Camden.

We could literally be in Wax for a whole Saturday morning listening to new tunes, buying rave tickets, gossiping and catching up with other friends and acquaintances who would pop in and out. Happy times!
I used to love Wax City and was in there loads. So much so that I was resident in their techno room at the Future Dance raves Jon and Pete used to put on at Castle Street studios and then Bagleys

Buying tunes online from the likes of Beatport is great for convenience and the range of music you can get but nothing beats going into a record shop, pulling out a massive system of vinyl and going through them one by one
Old 25-10-2017, 07:20 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Used to get all my echo and bunnymen 7"s from Beanos. Got some amazing rare Bunnymen interviews on vinyl too there. Good old days
Old 25-10-2017, 07:22 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There was a good shop in Orpington too. Especially for the indie stuff in early 1990s
Old 25-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I lived in Wimbledon, so usually went to Cloud 7 in the High Street during school lunch hours to flick through the album racks and listen to whatever they were playing. They used to have occasional signing appearances by rising bands, including the Specials and Madness together, and the Rezillos. Cloud 7 later became an Our Price.

The other place was Woolworth's. Most of the larger Woolies had pretty reasonable record sections and I bought many of my singles there (still got them), having moved across the aisles as I got older from browsing the Airfix models to browsing the album racks.

I spent many years wandering around the West End enjoying the music shops and the atmosphere, would go down Tin Pan Alley and window shop guitars that were out of my price range in 1980 (and would still be today, even at 80s' prices). I've been to Berwick Street a few times recently and it's sad that there's so little still there apart from Sister Ray and Reckless.

I got my vinyl out of the loft a year or so back and still enjoy playing them, have even added the occasional extra to the collection, replacing stuff that I only originally had on tapes.
Old 25-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaisterman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Groove Records and Hitman Records Used to spend a lot of money in these shops.
Also loved to go to record fairs. Crate diggers paradise!!

Old 25-10-2017, 07:07 PM

modernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post

EDIT - Bonaparte
I have been running a second hand Record stall on Bromley Market on Fridays for the last year.
Old 25-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAG View Post
Started in the 90s as a student in London. As To view the link you have to Register or Login says, there were some great record shops in Soho. Can't remember the name of it, but my favourite was a higgledy-piggledy one on 5 or so mezzanine floors, that looked like it had been there for decades. Regularly picked up good quality 2nd-hand vinyl for 2.50 or so - got most of my Bowie albums there. Wish I knew what that shop was called....
Sounds like Cheapo Cheapo Records. They used to sell singles on a stall outside.
Old 25-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Sounds like Cheapo Cheapo Records. They used to sell singles on a stall outside.
Blimey, a quick Google search shows they're still trading.
Old 25-10-2017, 07:31 PM

modernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkmodernsouler sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
That was a fantastic place to buy records in the 70s and 80s.
Old 25-10-2017, 07:34 PM

There was a great shop in the early 90s selling mainly Jazz funk & soul close to the Red Deer, South Croydon.
Old 25-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Bluebird Paddington Green
City Sounds Holborn

THE FIST BUMPERS