Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 25-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Can anyone answer my Luke Rowe question?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-06-2017, 09:15 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
The official TDF site en anglais:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

More interesting reading:

Old 25-06-2017, 09:20 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Can anyone answer my Luke Rowe question?
Luke Rowe is just a "domestique", in other words his job will be just to protect Froome and keep him out of trouble, drop back to the team car and give him his drink bottles. If and when Froome takes the "maillot jaune" his job will then be to ride a "tempo" at the front of the peloton on the flat stages. He won't be going for personal glory.
Old 25-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I know the role he is performing on the team, but sky appear to be loaded with Super domestiques and he is, well just a domestique. There was also some chat about that suggested he had a team leader role (not in a I want to win thing, but there some was kind of intangibles that he brought to the team)
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-06-2017, 10:14 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Not an expert, but Rowe is a pretty strong rider in the classics (though i didn't watch them this year so no idea how he did). To me he seems like the type of rider who, should froome be in yellow, would sit on the front of the peleton all day holding a steady pace, then leave the others to it on the climbs.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 25-06-2017, 10:23 AM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Deliveroo Procycling is in. No threat to the podium.
Old 25-06-2017, 10:28 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
My money is on quintana, he had a reasonable warm up (giro) he'll come strong in the tour, expect sagan to get a few stage wins
I've stuck Sagan, Quintana and Kittel in the team. The only downside is it means I have to include 3 jobbers in my line up
Old 25-06-2017, 10:28 AM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think you'll see froome stuck to Rowe's wheel and rather it will be Kiriyenka and Knees who are doing most of the hard kms on the front. I think his role as road captain is basically Froome's minder. More likely it'll be kwiatkowski, henao and landa going back to get the bottles on the flatter stages
Old 25-06-2017, 10:35 AM

Velogames is looking good with a week to go!

Cycling Sharks 8
Dave Mc

Une Lutte Prolongee
Palestinian aka Running Past

Perky Legends
Martyn Perkins

Fun Fun Fun on the Autobahn
Excowboy

Sweetus Mimsyus
Sweet Mimsy

Wheely Good Team
Chris Giggs

Jaserob
Jason Hughes

Team Tousart
kabbott

Un Sang Impur
Forza Selhurst

#LbSNews Canoeing and Cycling Club
Steve Sugg

Zoot Allures
Lucky Old Gladys

OPH
3 Beers at HT

Deliveroo Procycling
Captain Pizza

JamTheEagle
Sam Johnson

Team Ground
lseagle

Big Dogs
Newts G
Old 25-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I've stuck Sagan, Quintana and Kittel in the team. The only downside is it means I have to include 3 jobbers in my line up
The Wild Card is always a tricky one. Go for an extra climber/GC rider or a sprinter? I generally go for the extra climber or all-rounder. There are this year, however, more sprint stages than hilly ones ...
More tinkering to be done yet!
Old 25-06-2017, 11:02 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Why is Stannard not in team skys team? he has always been a good workhorse

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 25-06-2017, 11:09 AM

singapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone wonder if we might see a surprise winner this year? There seem to be question marks against most of the favourites' names.
Old 25-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in
Old 25-06-2017, 11:49 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Froome , yellow

Sagan , Green

9 flat stages , Cav to win 2 sprint finishes to add to his 30 stage wins , la tour is a fantastic watch
Old 25-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
Does anyone wonder if we might see a surprise winner this year? There seem to be question marks against most of the favourites' names.
Yes, as I hinted in my reply to GG.
I'll either finish last in Velogames or be considered a genius judging by the team I've put in! (plenty of tinkering-time left though!)
Old 25-06-2017, 12:56 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm in, gone heavy on high value riders, leaving me **** all points available to pad out the team, fair few 4 pointers shoved in, really looking fwd to it

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 25-06-2017, 01:25 PM

singapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Yes, as I hinted in my reply to GG.
I'll either finish last in Velogames or be considered a genius judging by the team I've put in! (plenty of tinkering-time left though!)
Oops, sorry, I completely missed your post. Romain Bardet for the win then!
Old 25-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Why is Stannard not in team skys team? he has always been a good workhorse
Got some sort of virus and abandoned during the dauphine.
Old 25-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
Depends on how you mean 'surprise'. I think it could be but it won't be someone completely leftfield out of nowhere.
Old 25-06-2017, 05:11 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
I'm in, gone heavy on high value riders, leaving me **** all points available to pad out the team, fair few 4 pointers shoved in, really looking fwd to it
It's what I always do and I'm fairly convinced it's not the best strategy. I tried to go heavy on French, particularly FDJ, 4 point riders on the (very convoluted) basis that they may be inspired in their home tour.