Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 29-06-2017, 08:03 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
Velogames tinkerers may wish to pore over The Inner Ring's stage-by-stage guide. Reading this really brings home how few full-on mountain stages there are.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
True, but the gradients are lot steeper than we're used to on the TDF, plus there are some other lumpy stages which will not be so simple. I still hope Froome and his Sky team don't dominate proceedings 'cos we'll have a much more open race.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:43 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
I've had Chaves in my mind for a run at KOM, but I'm doubtful they'll let him go off and get a huge amount of points.

25/1, someone talk me out of it.

My main bet is Aru each way.
What price Aru?

Think he may well pick a stage or two but he hasn't ridden much since March and I doubt he has the stamina to last 3 weeks in a GC battle.

I hope some of these outside contenders can step up and make it exciting.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
What price Aru?

Think he may well pick a stage or two but he hasn't ridden much since March and I doubt he has the stamina to last 3 weeks in a GC battle.

I hope some of these outside contenders can step up and make it exciting.
You could get 100/1 pre-Dauphine, but he's down to around the 16-25 mark dependent on odds and each way terms.

I can't have Porte, and I wouldn't touch Froome at the current price.

I've had a small amount on Dan Martin at a silly price, because I'd be kicking myself otherwise.

De Gendt is another punt to nothing on the KOM.
Old 30-06-2017, 08:49 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Changed my team around for the first time...
Old 30-06-2017, 09:17 AM
So then I says to Mabel

Got some of my cycling friends from work to join in as well so that should boost the numbers up even more.
Old 30-06-2017, 09:25 AM

THB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTHB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I've had Chaves in my mind for a run at KOM, but I'm doubtful they'll let him go off and get a huge amount of points.

25/1, someone talk me out of it.

My main bet is Aru each way.
Chavez from last year fully fit and race ready, yes. At the moment, I doubt it. That's why they are hedging their bets with Yates presumably taking a run at the white jersey
Old 30-06-2017, 09:40 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
You could get 100/1 pre-Dauphine, but he's down to around the 16-25 mark dependent on odds and each way terms.

I can't have Porte, and I wouldn't touch Froome at the current price.

I've had a small amount on Dan Martin at a silly price, because I'd be kicking myself otherwise.

De Gendt is another punt to nothing on the KOM.
I was looking at Aru each way.100/1 was always a ridiculously high price and I wish I'd seen it earlier.
Old 30-06-2017, 11:26 AM

robcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm in.
Old 30-06-2017, 11:58 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i'm in. team name the wookies
Old 30-06-2017, 12:36 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Almost 40 in with a day to go still!

0 points
Zoot Allures
Lucky Old Gladys

0 points
Reading Racers
Derek Ady

0 points
OPH
3 Beers at HT

0 points
A Vicious Cycle
furzy85

0 points
Deliveroo Poorcycling
Captain Pizza

0 points
Pulling Over For A Piss
Sam Johnson

0 points
Ardeo`s Unicyclists
Tom Olney

0 points
Born Toulouse
James Webb

0 points
Team Ground
lseagle

0 points
Canonbury Climbers
Jonathan Dobson

0 points
Big Dogs
Newts G

0 points
Astannard
Graham Carter

0 points
Finbar`s Fury
Finbar

0 points
Cycling Sharks 8
Dave Mc

0 points
lanepe`s losers
Peter Lane

0 points
Teammerx
MERXMAN

0 points
Une Lutte Prolongee
Palestinian aka Running Past

0 points
Penge Peddlars
GTR

0 points
Perky Legends
Martyn Perkins

0 points
meee
meee

0 points
OldAgePedallers
Ruskin Old Boy

0 points
Fun Fun Fun on the Autobahn
Excowboy

0 points
Team FDB
gjohnk

0 points
Wiggos Rear Derailleur
Paul

0 points
Sweetus Mimsyus
Sweet Mimsy

0 points
Team Belgrave
singapore eagle

0 points
Wheely Good Team
Chris Giggs

0 points
CPFCPatriots
Paul D

0 points
If only...
Shep

0 points
Jaserob
Jason Hughes

0 points
EPOalltheway
Weltklasse

0 points
Team Tousart
kabbott

0 points
the wookies
Mark

0 points
Un Sang Impur
Forza Selhurst

0 points
Down Hill From Here
Rob Mitchell

0 points
#LbSNews Canoeing and Cycling Club
Steve Sugg

0 points
Spunky`s Superstars
Duncan Inglis

0 points
Fozzie`s Flyers
Stephen Foss
Old 30-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Just got round to having a tinker. Most of the riders I want to pick seem to be in the climbers section.
Old 30-06-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Just got round to having a tinker. Most of the riders I want to pick seem to be in the climbers section.
Good point! Some of the climbers are for me all-rounders, and some of the all-rounders are climbers or even no more than "top-of-the-range" domestiques. If you don't go for the expensive all-rounders, there's not much else to choose from. I can't see any cheeky 4-pointers of note either!
Old 30-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Yep, how on earth is Fuglsang not an all-rounder? BTW, I see they've put Thierry Adam on a motorbike for the tour - To view the link you have to Register or Login - better have special wide tyres.
Old 30-06-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Yep, how on earth is Fuglsang not an all-rounder? BTW, I see they've put Thierry Adam on a motorbike for the tour - To view the link you have to Register or Login - better have special wide tyres.
Thierry Adam had some motorbike practice during the Dolphin, I think.
France Télévision have nicked Alexandre Pasteur from Eurosport for the commentary and Mme Gallopin (Marion Rousse, ex-cyclist and French champion in 2012) for her :cough: punditry! She's actually very good!
Old 30-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Monsieur et Madame Gallopin!

Old 30-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Really looking forward to this, feel that there will be some surprises on the podium in Paris.

I have spent far too much time tinkering with my team and have persuaded myself that it is the finest Velogames team that I have entered since the Alan Lees were in their prime. Against this anyone who bases a team around Ritchie Porte getting to Paris without at least one catastrophic day is probably somewhat deluded.
Old 30-06-2017, 09:18 PM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've had at least six tinkers. Ended up with a 'no one who rode the giro, and no froome, porte or quintana' strategy.
Old 30-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tour de Yorkshire entered!

Spent so much on Froome and Sagan, rest are not the best
Old 30-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In the end I decided not to tinker at all, stick with my initial selection. I expect by Tuesday I'll be seriously annoyed I didn't put Sagan in.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First time i've left the big hitters out, actually nice to have a balanced team rather than some random 4 pointers who don't get any points for carrying water. Will just make it more disappointing when the 8 pointers end up doing nothing anyway.

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10