Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 AM

singapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeo View Post
First time i've left the big hitters out, actually nice to have a balanced team rather than some random 4 pointers who don't get any points for carrying water. Will just make it more disappointing when the 8 pointers end up doing nothing anyway.
I'm going the other way, I think. I keep oscillating between a team with Sagan and a team without Sagan.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:47 AM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
I'm going the other way, I think. I keep oscillating between a team with Sagan and a team without Sagan.
Sorry, I meant no GC big hitters, Froome, Quintana etc. Of course i've gone for Sagan!

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10
Old 01-07-2017, 05:49 AM

singapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesingapore eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hope kabbott doesn't mind if I put up the stage preview. Here is the course - a fairly simple 14km individual time trial. The first rider goes off at 3.15pm German time, then it's at 1-minute intervals until Froome at 6.32pm.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
First time I've ever picked sagan for the tour, so i fully expect him to fall off on the first corner today and not get up

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 01-07-2017, 10:22 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Think this year has been the hardest to pick. Not totally happy with my team but hopefully there are a few stage wins in there or top 3 finishes which is what score you the points.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:36 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
I've just changed 3 of my team! Roll on 15:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)!

Some final thoughts concerning some of the non-favourites:

Orica? Chaves? 1st TDF. Is he fit? He didn't look it in the Dolphin. Or is he going to ride into form?
Simon Yates? Will he do as well as his brother last year?
Astana? Will they try and do the double-whammy that worked so well in the Dolphin? Which one do you pick? Or both? Or neither? Aru seems to be getting quite a a few mentions in the lead-up to the start of the race. Will Fuglsang carry his great Dolphin form into the Tour?
Will Majka just go for the KOM jersey or will he be more interested in the GC?
Daniel Martin says the parcours is better suited to him this year than last year when he finished 9th.
If Froome fell off his bike this afternoon and had to pull out, would Landa become one of the favourites?
Is Louis Meintjes worth a punt? He wasn't too bad in the Dolphin.
What about Primož Roglic? Could he be one of the surprise packages?
Bardet? Good last year, so in typical French inconsistant fashion, crap this year?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:37 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
First time I've ever picked sagan for the tour, so i fully expect him to fall off on the first corner today and not get up
No, it'll end in tears for Porte (he says hopefully)!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:42 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Stage 5 I think it is will be interesting. If Sky attack it and Froome is in yellow early they tend to shut the race down and the breaks will get more chance. The more SKY have to chase the race I think the better the GC battle will be.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Think Sagan will have a much harder challenge for green this year. Not many sprint stages that the fast men will not get to contest from what I can see. Only a couple where he should be able to drop them and be favourite. If someone like Kittel can dominate the flat stages and Sagan struggles to get in top 5 it should be pretty close. Or am having just scratching around trying to make it interesting?
Old 01-07-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
I've just changed 3 of my team! Roll on 15:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)!

Some final thoughts concerning some of the non-favourites:

Orica? Chaves? 1st TDF. Is he fit? He didn't look it in the Dolphin. Or is he going to ride into form?
Simon Yates? Will he do as well as his brother last year?
Astana? Will they try and do the double-whammy that worked so well in the Dolphin? Which one do you pick? Or both? Or neither? Aru seems to be getting quite a a few mentions in the lead-up to the start of the race. Will Fuglsang carry his great Dolphin form into the Tour?
Will Majka just go for the KOM jersey or will he be more interested in the GC?
Daniel Martin says the parcours is better suited to him this year than last year when he finished 9th.
If Froome fell off his bike this afternoon and had to pull out, would Landa become one of the favourites?
Is Louis Meintjes worth a punt? He wasn't too bad in the Dolphin.
What about Primož Roglic? Could he be one of the surprise packages?
Bardet? Good last year, so in typical French inconsistant fashion, crap this year?
Some good analysis there. A few more:

- Has Geraint Thomas still got his giro legs? If Froome fell off his bike this afternoon and had to pull out, would he become a contender?
- Is Cav there just to give his sponsor some exposure or does he have a realistic chance in the early sprints?
- Will one of the sprinters rack up 5 or 6 wins or will the spoils be shared around?
- Can Cummings pull off one of his smash and grab raids?
- Who will be the new breakout names in this Tour? Groenewegen in the sprints? Maybe Latour or Buchmann in GC?

Most of all, is the race going to be won in the TTs or going up the mountains, like usual, or is there going to be a decisive descent, break or split somewhere along the way?
Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Some good analysis there. A few more:

- Has Geraint Thomas still got his giro legs? If Froome fell off his bike this afternoon and had to pull out, would he become a contender?
- Is Cav there just to give his sponsor some exposure or does he have a realistic chance in the early sprints?
- Will one of the sprinters rack up 5 or 6 wins or will the spoils be shared around?
- Can Cummings pull off one of his smash and grab raids?
- Who will be the new breakout names in this Tour? Groenewegen in the sprints? Maybe Latour or Buchmann in GC?

Most of all, is the race going to be won in the TTs or going up the mountains, like usual, or is there going to be a decisive descent, break or split somewhere along the way?
I was gutted for Thomas (and Yates for that matter) in the Giro, not just because they were in my Velogames team but because I thought they were both potential GC top 5 material. I do think though that the climbs will suit Landa more than they will Thomas.
Sagan to get the most sprints though the victories now tend to be shared around. Kittel is the only sprinter with a "proper" train though he never seems to last long in the TDF. IMO Cav has had it, but you never know with him. Démare is certainly showing some form but he tends to bottle it in the TDF with all the preesure on his shoulders. Bouhanni will probably crash and take out a few decent sprinters (not mine, I hope!). As GG said there are fewer sprints which suit Sagan, but he's shown this season that he can outsmart them all when the chips are down.
Cummings is definitely one of those riders who could win a stage in a break.
Groenewegen is definitely one who could spring a surprise in the sprints and he's not too expensive either.
I've had both Latour and Buchmann in Tour teams last year.
I like Latour a lot. He's a great attacking rider and one who never gives up. His job this year will be to look after Bardet so I'm not sure who much freedom he'll have to go stage-hunting. And the same goes for Buchmann to a certain extent. If Majka goes for the KOM, Buchmann can hope for a top-10 finish in the GC. If Majka goes for the GC, Buchmann might have more work to do for Majka.

I'm seriously looking forward to Stage 9 which is going to kill off a few riders' chances methinks.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:10 PM

Too late now! I make that 44 teams! Good effort!

0 points
Finbar`s Fury
Finbar

0 points
Cycling Sharks 8
Dave Mc

0 points
Wiggo`s levelled playing field
Kemper

0 points
lanepe`s losers
Peter Lane

0 points
Teammerx
MERXMAN

0 points
Une Lutte Prolongee
Palestinian aka Running Past

0 points
Perky Legends
Martyn Perkins

0 points
Penge Peddlars
GTR

0 points
meee
meee

0 points
OldAgePedallers
Ruskin Old Boy

0 points
Fun Fun Fun on the Autobahn
Excowboy

0 points
Can`tgetusedtocleats
Geoffrey johnson

0 points
Team FDB
gjohnk

0 points
Wiggos Rear Derailleur
Paul

0 points
Sweetus Mimsyus
Sweet Mimsy

0 points
Wheely Good Team
Chris Giggs

0 points
Team Belgrave
singapore eagle

0 points
CPFCPatriots
Paul D

0 points
If only...
Shep

0 points
Jaserob
Jason Hughes

0 points
Tour de Yorkshire
Oliver Bryden

0 points
Team Tousart
kabbott

0 points
EPOalltheway
Weltklasse

0 points
the wookies
Mark

0 points
Un Sang Impur
Forza Selhurst

0 points
#LbSNews Canoeing and Cycling Club
Steve Sugg

0 points
Down Hill From Here
Rob Mitchell

0 points
Spunky`s Superstars
Duncan Inglis

0 points
Fozzie`s Flyers
Stephen Foss

0 points
Zoot Allures
Lucky Old Gladys

0 points
Sore Ringer
England

0 points
OPH
3 Beers at HT

0 points
Reading Racers
Derek Ady

0 points
A Vicious Cycle
furzy85

0 points
Deliveroo Poorcycling
Captain Pizza

0 points
Pulling Over For A Piss
Sam Johnson

0 points
Biscuit Project
Biscuitboffin.

0 points
Ardeo`s Unicyclists
Tom Olney

0 points
Born Toulouse
James Webb

0 points
Team Ground
lseagle

0 points
Ghost Riders
wookiee

0 points
Big Dogs
Newts G

0 points
Canonbury Climbers
Jonathan Dobson

0 points
Astannard
Graham Carter
Old 01-07-2017, 01:55 PM

So here are some I didn't pick among the "cheapoes" that will probably do well:
Frederik Backaert (4)
Elie Gesbert (4)
Laurent Pichon (4)
Tiesj Benoot (6)
Alberto Bettiol (6)
Lilian Calmejane (6)
Old 01-07-2017, 02:03 PM

Oliver Naesen (6) was the one that I really wished I could fit into my team, but couldn't.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:04 PM

Anyway, looking at the TV it's very wet in Dusseldorf. Groenewegen has just come a cropper.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Anyway, looking at the TV it's very wet in Dusseldorf. Groenewegen has just come a cropper.
Yes, and guess who I have in my team? I hope he's OK!

Last edited by kabbott; 01-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:41 PM

Rick Zabel down too! Guess who I have in my team?
Old 01-07-2017, 03:00 PM

Flat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got a small bet on Kiryienka @ $41 each way (top 3 pay 1/4)!

Here's to hoping his time of 16'11" is good enough to hang on with the weather causing all sorts!
Youknow Wotsisname
Inner Clinch
Sir Dylan
Masterstroke
Zinetta
Decompression

Maestro Tom
Money Ad
Douro
Claiborne King
Old 01-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Valverde looks to have crashed out, bad slide and smash into barriers
Old 01-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Valverde looks like he's done his collarbone
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.