Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
They all support Palace though and some of them come to the occasional match with me.
Even the ones that don't look like you?
Old 23-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
None of them look like me. Which is probably a good thing for them.
Old 23-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Although he shares many of my features, my son looks a good 36 years younger than me
Old 23-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The madonna of the bbs
Old 23-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Faster.

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
The madonna of the bbs
God, that is a horrible mental image. Shame on you, Stav.
Old 23-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimos_uk View Post
God, that is a horrible mental image. Shame on you, Stav.
When you meet SC you'll understand.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:18 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Like a virgin?
Old 23-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Let your heart beat next to mine.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
I missed a game v Portsmouth that September because my selfish wife decided to go into labour. I missed a Vaughan hat-trick and the opportunity to take the piss out of Portsmouth fans and that bellend with the bell.

Away Day Eagle very kindly got me a programme from the match that I could keep as a memento for the new born. The centre page picture is of Edgar Davids. For years I've been wanting him to sign it for me and write a birthday message in it, but I was too busy or too lazy to ever get up to Barnet to ask him for the favour.
You also missed a cracking penalty shoot out, and one of Wilf's first games where he looked really special.

I think you need to sort out your priorities in life.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Does anyone else remember Wilf tearing their full backs to shreds that night? I guess one of the Pompey defenders could have been Ward.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
You also missed a cracking penalty shoot out, and one of Wilf's first games where he looked really special.

I think you need to sort out your priorities in life.
I was at that game. This was the home league match vs Portsmouth.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Let your heart beat next to mine.
You, me & Gareth Thomas. It'll be beautiful.
Old 24-06-2017, 03:19 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP Satellite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Does anyone else remember Wilf tearing their full backs to shreds that night? I guess one of the Pompey defenders could have been Ward.
I remember Wilf getting sent off, he outskilled their left back so many times he aimed a sly dig at him off the ball and Wilf reacted, which of course earned him a red card.

I'm not sure we scored one of our penalties after the match ended 1-1! In fact we did'nt score in normal time, it was an own goal by Pompey after somebody xalled Nugent put them ahead.

Acoording to the records, Joel Ward came on in the last minute as sub, after Wilf had got the red.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 24-06-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
I was at that game. This was the home league match vs Portsmouth.
I misread your post. The 4-1 game was pretty good too.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
I remember Wilf getting sent off, he outskilled their left back so many times he aimed a sly dig at him off the ball and Wilf reacted, which of course earned him a red card.

I'm not sure we scored one of our penalties after the match ended 1-1! In fact we did'nt score in normal time, it was an own goal by Pompey after somebody xalled Nugent put them ahead.

Acoording to the records, Joel Ward came on in the last minute as sub, after Wilf had got the red.
I forgot that he was sent off. I think we scored 1 penalty, maybe 2 but Speroni saved a few.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:17 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Edgar davids at derby away. I still have nightmares.
Old 24-06-2017, 03:07 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Remember going to Scunthorpe away, think that was his league debut?
Surreal seeing a 'superstar' running out a stadium the size of Imperial Fields.
Oh and we lost 3-0!
Old 24-06-2017, 03:11 PM

I think Reading beat us 3-0 shortly after that, then we beat Portsmouth (Vaughan hat-trick & Danns pen I think). Portsmouth goal was calamitous defending. As usual.
Old 24-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Reading away was even more dreadful than usual. I think it was a fairly warm day though, which was quite nice.
Old 24-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Heshlo Kitty

I went to 11 away games that season.

We lost 10 and drew 1 against Watford