Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also enjoying The Jacksons on BBC 4
Old 24-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Dave Grohl still has it
Old 24-06-2017, 10:07 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I just flicked over to watch the Jacksons for a bit. It was very poor.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:08 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I've seen both live and Radiohead are surprisingly fun in a live setting. Foo's are great, but they're very one dimensional. Radioheads back catalogue is more varied and they can mix it up better IMO.
Agree totally with one dimensional aspect. The music is very upbeat but also very predictable. Grohls rasping vocals become a little tiresome also. Radioheads music is much more nuanced.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:09 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
I've enjoyed the Foo set.... audience seem meh.....
Old 24-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Foo's easily as good as Radiohead
Old 24-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Danger Zone

If only nirvana were still around. ��
Old 24-06-2017, 10:15 PM

fanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefanny farm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
E

Last edited by fanny farm; 24-06-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
This set is sagging for me to be honest in the last half an hour.

Agree that there isn't enough variety for when you are watching them on the sofa.

EDIT: Monkey Wrench should pick things up a bit
Old 24-06-2017, 10:18 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
If only nirvana were still around. ��
Best band in my opinion. Loved their punk rock! Had tickets to see them at Brixton sadly got called off due to the circumstances!
Old 24-06-2017, 10:19 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Foo Fighters are as dull as f*ck. Never seen the attraction.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
As an aside - I went to see GNR last weekend and although they were never my favourite band - when you see them live and play for almost 3 hours, you really realise how incredible their variety of songs and sounds is. And just how many great songs they have.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:23 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
They spend more time talking about going on all night than actually doing it. Keep looking at the clock. Last night Radiohead just got on with it and it was so mesmerising it flew by.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I really like some of the earlier stuff but have found recent efforts a bit dull. They have always had great energy live but I have to admit I do wonder how successful they would have been without the Nirvana connection.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:27 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
foo fighters is straight up rock n roll, drummer keeping a solid 4 4 beat and riffs galore .It's simple and effective for a saturday night headline spot at a middle of the road festy. Not my thing really.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
This set is sagging for me to be honest in the last half an hour.

Agree that there isn't enough variety for when you are watching them on the sofa.

EDIT: Monkey Wrench should pick things up a bit
Argghhh.... They even made one of their best and most energetic songs, sag in the middle of itself.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:31 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Please don't play 10 more songs! I'm only watching cos it's such a car crash.
Old 24-06-2017, 10:31 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Arlandria best song of festival for me!
Old 24-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
Please don't play 10 more songs! I'm only watching cos it's such a car crash.
What!!!
He's a great frontman
Old 24-06-2017, 10:33 PM

Hudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The thing with Radiohead is they know they're great musicians and as such have spent the last however many years writing self indulgent, pretentious rubbish trying to show how clever they are. The Foos know what they are and just play proper rock music. Give me that any day of the week. Great set tonight.